• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ugh......

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Are the comments actually from Tameen? 'cause I don't really think there is anything Shakespearean about this game's story but he keeps insisting that it is... if it really is him and if he is seriously comparing this to a work of Shakespeare.

Anyone ever read Titus Andronicus? King Lear? Hamlet? The themes in these plays are ageless, the characters are profound and the stories have tremendous dept. DmC has none of that. Shakespeare take tremendous amounts of analyzes just to get through the most unimpressive of his works and they have the gull to call the story here 'Shakespearean'? Sorry but this story has the intellectual and emotional dept of a puddle and a script that could arguably been written by a surly teenager. It can be analyzed in minutes and it's themes are not universal enough to be seriously called Shakespearean.

Reactions: V

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, your right, his picture and his name are a dead give away that it's not him. Hence my asking, because you really never know, there are always those times when it shocks you to know that it really was not a joke.

Lunar Legend

Oh, your right, his picture and his name are a dead give away that it's not him. Hence my asking, because you really never know, there are always those times when it shocks you to know that it really was not a joke.
thats very true

Triceranuke

Are the comments actually from Tameen? 'cause I don't really think there is anything Shakespearean about this game's story but he keeps insisting that it is... if it really is him and if he is seriously comparing this to a work of Shakespeare.

Anyone ever read Titus Andronicus? King Lear? Hamlet? The themes in these plays are ageless, the characters are profound and the stories have tremendous dept. DmC has none of that. Shakespeare take tremendous amounts of analyzes just to get through the most unimpressive of his works and they have the gull to call the story here 'Shakespearean'? Sorry but this story has the intellectual and emotional dept of a puddle and a script that could arguably been written by a surly teenager. It can be analyzed in minutes and it's themes are not universal enough to be seriously called Shakespearean.
Not saying this game is Shakespearean at all, but I think I have to point out most people went to see his plays for the puns and dick jokes. So maybe the troll is on to something. Haha

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I never seen so much stupidity nowadays Internet people can do. Well net is anonyous to some degrees but to try impersonate another human sometimes makes stupidity if person who tries to do this is troll . This article maked me only to laugh from someone fake identity in try to be real person. Lol

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Anyone ever read Titus Andronicus? King Lear? Hamlet? The themes in these plays are ageless, the characters are profound and the stories have tremendous dept. DmC has none of that.
Yep, I've studies a load of Shakspeare and DmC is only shakespeare in as far as the themes. It doesn't have the same level of dellth Shakespeare, but it does well to cover a few key themes.
Besides, it's not like Shakespeare was the first to write those themes. Before Shakespeare wrote his plays, there was the Roman Senaca.

Janoosen

Dark Slayer
tumblr_lmbs4bNkpd1qeo2d5.gif

To both the youtube account and this thread. This is getting really old.

Dante94513

Where is this "Shakespearean" story and writing coming from anyway? I think DmC has a great story for an action game (it's a common action movie plot, but I thought it was told very well). I never thought it was Shakespeare nor spectacular, but it was interesting and engaging. Also, this is stupidity at it's best. Someone disguises as Tameem to insult him and spam around youtube to say how the story is Shakespeare? That's like me absolutely hating the Twilight series, wasting time being disguise as Stephenie Meyer and spamming around youtube saying the movie are about "True love". Only difference is, Twilight is in fact a forgettable series. DmC is a great game. So I have to ask. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS? There are FAR worse games out there (Anarchy Reigns) that deserve more attention.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It'll pass. Same thing happened to fans of Mass Effect - they moaned all over YouTube about the ending to ME3 and within days, hundreds of bogus BioWare Staff accounts popped up all over the place, slamming fans and twisting words from interviews in a poor attempt at mimicry and trolling/flaming.

It'll be over by next week, most likely, and I seriously doubt Tameem himself gives a toss either way...anyone with half a brain will know it isn't even him anyway and the people who matter to him personally won't believe it. He probably either finds it entertaining, dumb, annoying or a combination of all three - but I'll bet he's not steaming through the ears over it.

AlchemistFromEden

Where is this "Shakespearean" story and writing coming from anyway? I think DmC has a great story for an action game (it's a common action movie plot, but I thought it was told very well). I never thought it was Shakespeare nor spectacular, but it was interesting and engaging. Also, this is stupidity at it's best. Someone disguises as Tameem to insult him and spam around youtube to say how the story is Shakespeare? That's like me absolutely hating the Twilight series, wasting time being disguise as Stephenie Meyer and spamming around youtube saying the movie are about "True love". Only difference is, Twilight is in fact a forgettable series. DmC is a great game. So I have to ask. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS? There are FAR worse games out there (Anarchy Reigns) that deserve more attention.
in dev diary the actress for lilith stated that the themes of the game are shakespearean, themes like
-lust
-revenge
-brotherly conflict
-deception
these are all common in shakespeare

So like you then too? Since you spend time making these threads and all.

I smell a hypocrite.
i smell somebody who needs to stop being a dick, it takes 30 seconds to make a thread and post a link, not only does it take longer to do so on youtube but to find as many videos as you can, (twenty videos in less than an hour) and to do this is really really sad, seriously, -__- what's your problem? i didn't do anything to you, so no reason to come in here and try to fault me -_-

Who exactly said it was Shakespearean? The lady who plays Lilith right?
yup, and she was talking about the themes, but like vergil shooting lilith the antis are taking it out of context/blatantly lying to people and themselves by saying that tameem said it

I never seen so much stupidity nowadays Internet people can do. Well net is anonyous to some degrees but to try impersonate another human sometimes makes stupidity if person who tries to do this is troll . This article maked me only to laugh from someone fake identity in try to be real person. Lol
ahh someone gets the point of the thread, instead of bitching at me for posting it like multibro, janenson and dante945, people need to get over themselves -_- if this thread wasn't allowed to be posted or if the admin's had a problem they would close it down. seriously, this is for lols not some deep discussion about him being justified the second i post a thread about it -_-

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I think this thread can use some revisions
4076227+_885126532cde6aeb1b56e446e34eb69a.jpg

24836954.jpg

i smell somebody who needs to stop being a ****, it takes 30 seconds to make a thread and post a link, not only does it take longer to do so on youtube but to find as many videos as you can, (twenty videos in less than an hour) and to do this is really really sad, seriously, -__- what's your problem? i didn't do anything to you, so no reason to come in here and try to fault me -_-
How about you start realising what you are doing is just being obnoxious and idiotic. Yes, we know there is morons that are so called "haters", yes there is people being idiots in general, welcome to the freaking internet.

There is no point in making the same thread over and over again just to tell "LOOK AT THEM BEING SOOOOOO STUPID!".

We goddamn get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom