• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

U ALL KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
wat is this forum missing? none other than a Left 4 Dead 2 thread....so..post comments, opinions, and news u hear about it....personally, it may be too soon, but i think it's still good...i mean, they're changing the setting, completely new characters, making it possible to play in daytime...plus not only do we get Boomers, Tanks, Smokers, Witches, and Hunters to follow the massive Horde...we also get the new Charger and Spitter classes too....and now Wandering Witches for they daytime...this sounds very interesting to me

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've said it once, I've said it a million times now, releasing L4D2 before the original L4D has even been out for a year just seems pointless, what Valve are adding could easily been done with a few patches, overhauls and DLCs, bar the new characters, and it wouldn't involve us paying £40 for a reskin of Left For Dead.

Though, see, the fundemental issue with my argument is that when Valve come into the picture, it would be the only time I'd come close to calling myself a fanboy, frankly, I view Valve as absolute gods of the gaming industry, and for good reason too.
When a company revolutionises the gaming world with things like Half Life, Half Life 2 and all of its subsequent episodes, Portal, Team Fortress and Team Fortress 2, Left For Dead etc, and they're still going strong, I'm amazed that it's been this long since they've made a stupid/pointless decision.

I've dicussed this very topic with people on other forums and the argument I've always had thrown at me is this.
"You don't have to buy the game."
That's right, I don't, and I probably won't, at least not until the price has fallen through the floor, until then, I'm content with my cop of Left For Dead.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
very good...but i still don't see how a patch would create all those new zombies....maybe a DLC...but thats doesn't pan out for the new levels....ppl are gonna buy the game regardless cuz they liked the first one so much...it's not a screw up...it's just a misunderstanding...ur not the maker of the game...u don't know all that they're doing or how hard they're working to make this game an entirely new experience....they make it so more enemies can appear on screen....they try to make the experience as enjoyable as possible...if u spent all this time and hard work to make something wouldn't u hurt or feel bad if all these ppl started talking bad about it and making it sound like it's pointless and stupid when it's just a misunderstanding that isn't fair...yeah...i'm not the developer...and i have no connections to Valve...but doesn't it seem a bit unfair to be saying such hars insults about a game u haven't even tried yet?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
A DLC could easily incorporate the new zombie types, weapons and maps into the game.
To be honest, you'll find that hundreds of thousands of people agree with me after a massive ragefest on the Steam forum, the sheer number of people who've signed petitions, rallied up etc with the same opinion as mine is staggering, though frankly, I don't associate myself with that lot, because I'm not that overzealous, I'm not going to try and stop them making Left For Dead 2, I'm just voicing my valid opinion, which happens to be that I feel the creation of Left For Dead 2 so early on is utterly pointless.

Oh and, no, if I were a Valve game developer, I wouldn't really care what any given number of people think about my idea, if anyone outside of the company criticised it, called it pointless/stupid/etc, simply because three quarters of Valve's fanbase worship the ground they walk on, Valve could sell crap in a box and people would still buy it, which just relates straight back to L4D2, it doesn't matter what several hundred thousand people think, there are more out there who are still perfectly willing to buy Left 4 Dead 2, and as such, my opinion doesn't really make a bloody difference.

Also, I'm a cynic when it comes to gaming, hype makes me more wary than excited, my policy is to assume everything is going to be a steaming pile of crap until proven otherwise, and that policy has saved me a lot of money on games I would have hated, whereas 95% of the games I've actually purchased, I've completely enjoyed, and the other 5% I've warmed to in time.

So frankly, I would say it's fair for me to criticise a game I haven't even tried yet, because it'll probably save me a nice heap of cash that I could spend on basic living expenses, such as the rent, and strawberry cornettos.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
yeah...but no one is saying u have to buy it first...u could rent it to try it out u know...that's cheap too and if u don't like it u don't have to keep it then or waste valuable money...and i read more about wat Valve is including in it...this is supposed to be more of a parallel to L4D...it has it's own story and cutscenes and everything...It's entirely a new thing on it's own...It also has story hints about wat happened to the characters in L4D1....but this game is on the other side of the country, so it shows what happens before it hit this part, when everything was going on in the first game...and if ur such a fan of valve and basically worship the ground they walk on, then why wouldn't u support them in their endeavors to make this game? support really helps people who have the guts to put them selves out there to find a way for u to sit and entertain urself

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
You know what I would love to do? Open up a Left 4 Dead Forum. I freakin' love Left 4 Dead. Well, to be honest, I think it's a good game an'all, but when I'm playing it with mates, it just becomes even better.

I would gladly pay two grand for left4dead.com or even l4d.com. Sadly, though, realistically I imagine those domains would be worth around ten times the amount I'd be willing to pay. :(

And, personally, I can't wait for Left 4 Dead 2. I find it a bit of a cheek that Valve are cashing in so fast but, to be honest, I've gotten more than my money's worth from L4D (well, my wife paid for it... :p) and some new levels, characters, weapons, would be nice. In fact, I'd glad almost everything has been changed - I feel less cheated then!

The only problem I have with L4D and from what I've seen of L4D2 is that the graphics are pretty poor. I'd love to see some ultra-realistic visuals on the sequel but it isn't going to happen. I find the look a little comical - which was possibly intentional, but I can't help feeling that I'm playing a mod of Team Fortress 2 but with altered skins and a few new voice packs. No offense to any L4D fans! I love the game. I even wasted a million-billion hours of my life to reach 1000/1000 gamerscore. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Steve;182221 said:
The only problem I have with L4D and from what I've seen of L4D2 is that the graphics are pretty poor. I'd love to see some ultra-realistic visuals on the sequel but it isn't going to happen. I find the look a little comical - which was possibly intentional, but I can't help feeling that I'm playing a mod of Team Fortress 2 but with altered skins and a few new voice packs. No offense to any L4D fans! I love the game. I even wasted a million-billion hours of my life to reach 1000/1000 gamerscore. ^_^

It was never meant to be a retail game thats why, it was just an idea they were toying around with after seeing so many zombie mods for HL2. It ended up being published and released and one of the best online shooters for years. Shame i havent played it much as hardly anyone i know has got it.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i just wish these whiny brats who petition and boycott this game realize how stupid it is cuz DLC for the first will be released when the second game comes out...thats wat Valve said...they should give the game a chance before they start judging

Dark Drakan

Admin
GamblingGambitCloud;182367 said:
i just wish these whiny brats who petition and boycott this game realize how stupid it is cuz DLC for the first will be released when the second game comes out...thats wat Valve said...they should give the game a chance before they start judging

People were first upset that a sequel was being released just over 12 months after the original game. The reason the petitions came out was because the sequel was announced BEFORE the DLC for the original. So people presumed that Valve would cease updating the original to favour the sequel and that would have went against promises. Only problem now is, that even with the DLC for the original coming the community is going to be split in two. Meaning people will find less games online for the original. I just hope the sequel adds much more to the original so people dont still question why the updates couldnt have been included in DLC or an update.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
no...actually i heard that people on the second game can play levels from the first and be online with ppl on the first as long as they stick to particular maps...so it won't necessarily be split in two

Dark Drakan

Admin
GamblingGambitCloud;182536 said:
no...actually i heard that people on the second game can play levels from the first and be online with ppl on the first as long as they stick to particular maps...so it won't necessarily be split in two

Id heard a couple of rumours, however if that was true then lots of people will be thinking that 'If the original game run at the same time as the sequel then essentially it must be the same engine'. Adding to people wondering why things from the sequel couldnt have been included in DLC if the original can run alongside it with the same levels at the same time etc.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
they use the same engine for Halo 3 ODST and it's not DLC for Halo 3...it's different altogether...so...apply those concepts to L4D...cause i heard u can do the same thing with Halo3 matchmaking

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;182536 said:

Oh it won't be split in two? The old game will just be included in this game?

Ummm that means that everyone who got the first game is being cheated out of their money because the first games levels will be included in the new game. Meaning the new game will be the old game PLUS the new characters, weapons, and locals. So they get everything in the old game and the new game for the price of one?

That means there is little reason to on the old game, if they are just gonna release it again with allot of new features. So those who got the first game get screwed over?

...and if ur such a fan of valve and basically worship the ground they walk on, then why wouldn't u support them in their endeavors to make this game? support really helps people who have the guts to put them selves out there to find a way for u to sit and entertain urself

Being a Valve fanboy is just as bad as being a fanboy of anything else. The reason some of us aren't supporting this game is because we think for ourselves and can tell we might be getting screwed over on this.

very good...but i still don't see how a patch would create all those new zombies....maybe a DLC...but thats doesn't pan out for the new levels....ppl are gonna buy the game regardless cuz they liked the first one so much...it's not a screw up...it's just a misunderstanding...ur not the maker of the game...u don't know all that they're doing or how hard they're working to make this game an entirely new experience....they make it so more enemies can appear on screen....they try to make the experience as enjoyable as possible...if u spent all this time and hard work to make something wouldn't u hurt or feel bad if all these ppl started talking bad about it and making it sound like it's pointless and stupid when it's just a misunderstanding that isn't fair...yeah...i'm not the developer...and i have no connections to Valve...but doesn't it seem a bit unfair to be saying such hars insults about a game u haven't even tried yet?

Man, you are a huge fanboy. Your entire argument is; "Its Valve so we have to go along with everything they do, no matter how much our brains tell us we are getting a raw deal here. Because thinking is Valve's job and its our job to buy their games."

Do you even try to think for yourself? Honestly, fanboys like you are the reason good gaming companies start to fail.

Nothing can improve without coming to terms with its flaws. If Valve makes a stupid mistake they need gamers who will let them know that, not a bunch of stupid sheep who go along with anything they do.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Black Angel;182694 said:
Oh it won't be split in two? The old game will just be included in this game?

Ummm that means that everyone who got the first game is being cheated out of their money because the first games levels will be included in the new game. Meaning the new game will be the old game PLUS the new characters, weapons, and locals. So they get everything in the old game and the new game for the price of one?

That means there is little reason to on the old game, if they are just gonna release it again with allot of new features. So those who got the first game get screwed over?

Being a Valve fanboy is just as bad as being a fanboy of anything else. The reason some of us aren't supporting this game is because we think for ourselves and can tell we might be getting screwed over on this.

Man, you are a huge fanboy. Your entire argument is; "Its Valve so we have to go along with everything they do, no matter how much our brains tell us we are getting a raw deal here. Because thinking is Valve's job and its our job to buy their games."

Do you even try to think for yourself? Honestly, fanboys like you are the reason good gaming companies start to fail.

Nothing can improve without coming to terms with its flaws. If Valve makes a stupid mistake they need gamers who will let them know that, not a bunch of stupid sheep who go along with anything they do.

no...i am not a valve fanboy....i am a fan of the game...i don't go around eating up the hype of every game they make...but it's being such a little brat if u go and sign a petition and boycott the game...just because ur unhappy u didn't get DLC doesn't make the second game a rip off...yeah, the second game lets u play with ppl from the first...but that doesn't necessarily mean u get all the content of the first on the second game...and valve knows it has flaws in it's games...that's why they make the sequel...to improve on the quality of the series...u forget...L4D wasn't predicted to get this far...it was a side project of valve...and once it got so many good ratings and reviews, they said," hey, this game is great. there is so much more we coulda done with it though and wish we had the chance to do." it's ppl like u who make the companies fail, because u insult the games and badmouth the company so much, that they try to improve that which doesn't need improvement, resulting in a very ****ty game(please pardon my language)..so back off and give the ppl some space to breathe and do wat they do best, make games. Because they wouldn't be such a popular company in the industry if they made crappy games..now, yeah, they coulda made better on their promise of DLC, but that doesn't mean that they won't keep it...Valve announced that they're gonna release DLC for both games at the same time...so cut them some slack and give them a break...or better yet, if u have such a problem with it, then return ur xbox, get off ur fat ass, and find a new way to entertain urself...i suggest investing in a treadmill

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GamblingGambitCloud;182870 said:
no...i am not a valve fanboy....i am a fan of the game...i don't go around eating up the hype of every game they make...but it's being such a little brat if u go and sign a petition and boycott the game...just because ur unhappy u didn't get DLC doesn't make the second game a rip off...yeah, the second game lets u play with ppl from the first...but that doesn't necessarily mean u get all the content of the first on the second game...and valve knows it has flaws in it's games...that's why they make the sequel...to improve on the quality of the series...u forget...L4D wasn't predicted to get this far...it was a side project of valve...and once it got so many good ratings and reviews, they said," hey, this game is great. there is so much more we coulda done with it though and wish we had the chance to do." it's ppl like u who make the companies fail, because u insult the games and badmouth the company so much, that they try to improve that which doesn't need improvement, resulting in a very ****ty game(please pardon my language)..so back off and give the ppl some space to breathe and do wat they do best, make games. Because they wouldn't be such a popular company in the industry if they made crappy games..now, yeah, they coulda made better on their promise of DLC, but that doesn't mean that they won't keep it...Valve announced that they're gonna release DLC for both games at the same time...so cut them some slack and give them a break...or better yet, if u have such a problem with it, then return ur xbox, get off ur fat ass, and find a new way to entertain urself...i suggest investing in a treadmill

And I suggest you invest in a brain. So you can think before posting.

...i am not a valve fanboy....

Yes you are.

The very thought that Valve may have made a mistake obviously is to much for you to handle.

...but it's being such a little brat if u go and sign a petition and boycott the game...just because ur unhappy u didn't get DLC doesn't make the second game a rip off...

I never said I was petitioning anything, I just said I disagree with the way Valve is handling this new game. So you unless you got the wrong person you are talking out of your ass.

it's ppl like u who make the companies fail, because u insult the games and badmouth the company so much, that they try to improve that which doesn't need improvement, resulting in a very ****ty game(please pardon my language)..so back off and give the ppl some space to breathe and do wat they do best, make games.

Blah Blah Blah. I never insulted or badmouthed Valve. I simply pointed out that from what we know the company is making a mistake with the sequel(probably). I offer constructive, informed and respectable criticism. Nothing I say is gonna hurt anyone at Valve, they are a big gaming company and they don't need winy fanboys like you defending them. An example of badmouthing is in this next quote.

...so cut them some slack and give them a break...or better yet, if u have such a problem with it, then return ur xbox, get off ur fat ass, and find a new way to entertain urself...i suggest investing in a treadmill

Are you retarded? I'm in great shape thank you very much. Also, L4D is on the xbox too so what do you mean "go back to your xbox"? So on top of throwing a totally incorrect insult my way, you insult the xbox? A console fanboy AND a Valve fanboy. Seriously, did you think at all before posting this? Calling me fat? What is wrong with you? This is typical fanboy behavior right here, you have no real argument so you degenerate into insulting people you have never even met. Even if this was anywhare close to being true it would still be stupid and uncalled for.

You are a dumbass. Seriously, all I hear from you is duuuuurrr.............:rolleyes:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Am I the only one thinking he's reading two people's opinions, yet feeling those opinions aren't really getting along?

Seriously, if you're going to throw insults back and forth at each other, then you're just both as bad really.

Just accept one thinks differently, and the other does not, but for the love of discussion, leave it out...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Back to topic and less insults please people otherwise infractions will be handed out.

GamblingGambitCloud;182571 said:
they use the same engine for Halo 3 ODST and it's not DLC for Halo 3...it's different altogether...so...apply those concepts to L4D...cause i heard u can do the same thing with Halo3 matchmaking

Maybe so but Halo ODST isnt merely a handful of new enemies with some new weapons and couple of new levels. Its a whole new game with a totally different character and the whole game is played to explain another side of the story. Plus Halo 3 was out nearly 2 years ago and not 12 months. Also L4D doesnt really have a story and is primarily multiplayer i just thought the new 'updates' in L4D2 could have been added with DLC. As i said before i will buy it but as of yet ive seen nothing that proves to me that it warranted a whole new retail product and things couldnt have simply been added as DLC. I might be proved wrong when more details come out or when the game comes out but as of right now i stand by that.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wow - wind your respective necks in, people - good grief, I go away for a few days and it's like a freakin' kindergarten when I return.

Grow up.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Dark Drakan;182890 said:
Maybe so but Halo ODST isnt merely a handful of new enemies with some new weapons and couple of new levels. Its a whole new game with a totally different character and the whole game is played to explain another side of the story. Plus Halo 3 was out nearly 2 years ago and not 12 months. Also L4D doesnt really have a story and is primarily multiplayer i just thought the new 'updates' in L4D2 could have been added with DLC. As i said before i will buy it but as of yet ive seen nothing that proves to me that it warranted a whole new retail product and things couldnt have simply been added as DLC. I might be proved wrong when more details come out or when the game comes out but as of right now i stand by that.

L4D2 is a whole nother side of the story....it takes place on the opposite side of the country, showing how the infection has affected others...and while the first game takes place at ground zero, directly after the infection, the sequel takes place a little bit after it has spread...plus there has been rumours that the game will shed some light on wat happened to the characters from the first...

as for the insults, i offer my deepest apologies. it was out of line..was having a really bad day that day and i took it out on the wrong people..so black angel, i am sorry....

Top Bottom