• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top Voice-Acting in Video Games

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Share us on which games that you think have great quality in voice-acting.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Final Fantasy X
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht
Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry
Wild Arms 5
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy XII
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Resonance of Fate
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Dead Space
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Brave Fencer Musashi
Musashi: Samurai Legend
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Dead Rising
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts
Front Mission 4
Xenogears
Thousand Arms
Final Fantasy X-2
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Vesperia
God Hand
Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
God of War II
God of War
Bayonetta
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Dark Cloud 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Soul Calibur IV
Tekken 5
Tekken 6
Soul Calibur III
Yakuza 2
Yakuza
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Zone of the Enders; The 2nd Runner
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
Good list there, except you've missed Uncharted :lol:
I can definitely agree with Arkham Asylum and the MGS games. Mark Hamil was awesome as the Joker. I hear Arkham Asylum 2 is the last time he's gonna be doing the character though :(

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
cosmic master;244139 said:
Good list there, except you've missed Uncharted :lol:
I can definitely agree with Arkham Asylum and the MGS games. Mark Hamil was awesome as the Joker. I hear Arkham Asylum 2 is the last time he's gonna be doing the character though :(

:lol:. Gonna add that. I do not dare to add Uncharted 2 since I have not played the game since my PS3 broke and sold off. I have to play it before I can say the game has good voice acting. However, since Nolan North was voicing Nathan Drake for Uncharted 2, no doubt it has good voice-acting. The only bad voice acting for Nolan North is in Prince of Persia 2008. His voice is... seems out of place, and does not fit the Prince at all. He is a talented voice actor, but not everyone can fit in every character's role and voice.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
All i'm gonna say is the DMC series, Bayonetta and the series that i think has brilliant voice acting... Legacy of Kain.

CloudStryker

Surviving
Angelo Credo;244172 said:
Fallout 3.
That is all.

I mean, Ron Pearlman and Liam Neeson? *Gushes*

Couldn't be more right, shame that Liam Neeson gets killed/dead in a lot of the stuff he stars in.
And yeah Crisis Core is one of the best voiced games ever. (not to mention one of my favorates)

aka958

Don't trust people
CloudStryker;244363 said:
Couldn't be more right, shame that Liam Neeson gets killed/dead in a lot of the stuff he stars in.
And yeah Crisis Core is one of the best voiced games ever. (not to mention one of my favorates)

CRISIS CORE! This, a million times this! Over and over and over again this!

Crisis Core and Final Fantasy X = Two of the best voive acted games.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Have to agree on Fallout 3, but with time, the same voices on many different characters start to get lame.
I also loved the voice acting in;
* Alpha Protocol, have to say, i didn`t feel that they`re out of place anywhere, nor did the voices get irritating.
* Assassins Creed 2 had nice voices.
* Divine Divinity was good
* Arcanum
* GTA IV had one of the finest voice acting i`ve heard recently.
* Batman: Arkham Asylum
* Mass Effect was good
* DMC 4 was OK, except for Trish.
* Dark Void was OK

CloudStryker

Surviving
cosmic master;244450 said:
A few people here have said FFX. I can't be the only one to find Tidus' voice incredibly irritating lol

Nope, I agree completly. In all honesty I didn't like Yuna's voice that much either.
Right, now we wait for aka to kill us. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
cosmic master;244450 said:
A few people here have said FFX. I can't be the only one to find Tidus' voice incredibly irritating lol

CloudStryker;244463 said:
Nope, I agree completly. In all honesty I didn't like Yuna's voice that much either.
Right, now we wait for aka to kill us. :p

Tidus is friggin' awesome. His voice and everything. Same goes for Vaan. I can't see how people find it irritating...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I liked The characters in FF, but their voices are annoying, especially the girls. Payne is great, she keeps her mouth shut.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;244540 said:
Tidus is friggin' awesome. His voice and everything. Same goes for Vaan. I can't see how people find it irritating...

I personally find Vaan's voice very grating and irritating, but that's leveled off by the top notch VA'ing from Balthier and the rest of the cast.
Same with FFX, I find Tidus' voice to be quite whiny and annoying, but again, offset by the superb work of the rest of the cast.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;244552 said:
I personally find Vaan's voice very grating and irritating, but that's leveled off by the top notch VA'ing from Balthier and the rest of the cast.
Same with FFX, I find Tidus' voice to be quite whiny and annoying, but again, offset by the superb work of the rest of the cast.

:O

I don't know... I hate Fran's voice...

Why do everyone find their voices so annoying? I don't see it...
Must be a part of their personality that you don't like so their voice gives you a different perspective.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;244554 said:
:O

I don't know... I hate Fran's voice...

Why do everyone find their voices so annoying? I don't see it...
Must be a part of their personality that you don't like so their voice gives you a different perspective.

I'm not fussed about their personalities, I understand their motivations that form their personalities and I like them as characters, just the voice actors for the two irritate the living hell out of me. ._.

aka958

Don't trust people
ResaMoon;244556 said:
Did anyone esle find Sora's Voice in Kingdom Hearts (1) rather annoying? I hated it.. x3

Never heard it and I probably never will.

Tidus and Vaan's voices are great. I can't find anything bad about that. But I like most voices though.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;244560 said:
Never heard it and I probably never will.

Tidus and Vaan's voices are great. I can't find anything bad about that. But I like most voices though.

Eh, differences in opinions, certain tones of voice just really grate on my nerves and I feel a certain standard of voice acting was let down because of it, but as I said, difference in opinions, that's just mine.

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;244564 said:
Eh, differences in opinions, certain tones of voice just really grate on my nerves and I feel a certain standard of voice acting was let down because of it, but as I said, difference in opinions, that's just mine.

Not just yours. So many hate them... It must be hard to be the voice actor of those two in real life...

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I dont care by voice acting because i have other language as main.

But, i believe Mana Khemia 2:Fall Of Alchemy guys did worked well.

Top Bottom