• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 things you liked about DMC4

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In no particular order.

1 - The combat. Improving on the already awesome combat system from DMC3, DMC4 offers even more depth and stylishness than its predecessor, adding Style switching (whose animations are awesome to use as taunts btw... Smokin Sick Style!!!), 6 weapons at once, Just Frames, Distortion, DT modifiers, Guard cancel, cooler looking taunts and a bunch of new stylish advanced techniques for Dante, and the Devil Bringer for Nero . There's A LOT here for experimentation. Unmatched.

2- Cutscenes and presentation. Shimomura did it again. Here like in DMC3, the cutscenes are superbly shot, almost every camera angle/movement is spot on.

3 - Enemy design. I consider these enemies to be the second best in the series after DMC1. I also love how the theme "demons that look like angels" is more prominent than ever here.

4 - Level design. I thought Fortuna City looked very cool. It felt like a mix between Firenze and Città del Vaticano in a Renaissance-like setting. I liked Fortuna Castle too and the forest as well, at the time it was impressive to see such a lush forest in a game. Too bad that 2/3 of the second half of the game is backtracking though.

5 - The soundtrack. There are some of the most memorable musics of the franchise in this game, my favorite being Out of Darkness.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
  1. Combat
  2. The animation is beauuutiful in my opinion
  3. The bosses, the final boss was one of the weaker ones of the series, but the others were in-line with DMC3 imo (Credo and Dante, ironically, being my favorite fights)
  4. I actually do like Nero, he's no Dante, but I like him
  5. Agree, game had a good soundtrack

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
1. Combat. Best combat in franchise for me.

2. Enemies. Big improvement after boring mobs form DMC3 + loved some old enemies from DMC1

3. Bosses. Not all of them, but i loved big demons + Credo/Agnus were pretty damn good

4. Nero. I loved his brasher attitude. Cut Kyrie from the game and he will be perfect :p

5. Pandora. Damn I just love this weapon. From concept to performance, its probably best fire weapon in whole game to me.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
1. The combat - Both Nero and Dante are really enjoyable characters and can do some SSStylish stuff. It's depth is unmatched by any game that I know of.
2. The atmosphere - It was still really good for the most part in my opinion. On the contrary to many, I actually hate the jungle area and love the rest of the game.
3. The Bosses - Here, also on the contrary to many, I think Dante wasn't that good of a bossfight since you could exploit his A.I. easily but I loved the rest of the bosses except Sanctus.
4. The soundtrack - I don't think it's on the level of DmC or DMC3 but it still was pretty great.
5. Pandora and Red Queen - Great design right here.

Frazz

General gamer
1. Combat - it's just awesome!
2. Most of the enemy design - the only enemy I've never liked is the Fault and I don't like the Frost/ Assault long range attack...
3. Soundtrack.
4. Ex/Max Act - makes you feel like a boss!
5. The bosses (asides from Sanctus) - they are all cinematic and fun to fight which is a tough thing for games to pull off.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
1. the visuals

2. voice actings, especially nero's and exclude dante's with all due respect

3. credo fight

4. lady gaga

5. divinity statue theme

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
  1. scenery: I did enjoy the scenery. It didn't fit in the Devil May Cry series though because it was mostly all sunny or dim and not dark and menacing like the past games. Still, the scenery was good.
  2. Bloody Palace: Its the only reason I still bother with DMC4 now a days.
  3. Like 4 songs I do like: and that's Trish/Lady's song from the DMC4: SE website, Dante's second battle song, Standard daytime, and We Shall Never Surrender.
  4. couldn't think of a 4th one.
  5. combat: combat in my experience was the least favorite thing of DMC4.

Last edited:

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Always had a problem picking top favorites when it comes to things, but, a few things I liked:

1. Nero. He's like a mix of Dante and Vergil. He has Vergil's anti-social and power-hungry manner while at the same time having Dante's good heart and fun-loving, playful, crazy party attitude and combat style. Also, his Red Queen is an awesome sword. I like him.

2. Fortuna. It just looks amazing.

3. On the fly style switching.

4. The soundtrack. Never quite heard anything like DMC's combat music outside of DMC

5. The details strewn about for the watchful eye throughout the game

Top Bottom