• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 5 Bosses

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's favorite bosses are. Just list your top 5.

1. Nelo Angelo (DMC1)
2. Angelo Credo (DMC4)
3. Vergil (DMC3)
4. Berial (DMC4)
5. Mundus (DMC1)

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
1. Hollow Vergil (Vergil's Downfall)
2. Vergil 3 (DMC3)
3. Angelo Credo (DMC4)
4. The Man in the Red Coat (DMC4)
5. Griffon (DMC1)

Frazz

General gamer
1. Nelo Angelo first fight.
2. Phantom battle 2
3. Angelo Credo
4. Vergil battle 2
5. Doppelgänger... I'm not sure why though...

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
5. Beowulf (DMC 3)
for me Beowulf was the first true challenge DMC 3 had for me every other boss had left there selves open at some point but not Beowulf he just charges you and is almost always attacking completely threw off my play style the first time i faced him
but he's so much fun to fight with royal guard

4. Dante 2 (DMC 4)
to me Dante is the hardest boss in the whole series IMO
he is completely unpredictable at first and with out devil trigger he get you stuck in a combo and wreck you still hes allot of fun when you figure him out

3. The Savoir (DMC 4)
i love everything about this boss
i really like that you can stun him with Pandora and go to town on him

but my favorite thing has to be what the savoir is

Sanctus took Sparda image and turned it in to exactly what Sparda was fighting to stop
the savoir is a recreation of Mundus
i can only imagine how ****ed Sparda would be if he saw it

2. Mundus (DMC 1)
the hole game was leading up to this show down and boy did it not disappoint the hole fight is just awesome and really shows the power of both Sparda and Mundus
shooting that massive dragon never gets old
after this fight i'm always disappointed Dante never really uses Sparda's power again

1. Vergil 3 (DMC3)
this boss is so legendary
you fought Vergil 2 other times yes but now theres no holding back
the dialog
the music
the nonstop barrage of attacks
you cant let your gard down for 1 second or you'll get destroyed
every time i fight Vergil i'm always left satisfied

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
5. Echidna (DMC 4). I liked the variety of her moves and how she was constantly moving around, especially when she planted herself in the ground and summoned those "sticks" out of the ground.

4. Bolverk (DMC 2). I really liked the concept and design for this enemy. I think out of all the bosses in this game he had the biggest move set, along with those two wolves by his side.

3. Agni and Rudra (DMC 3). Those two were a blast to fight against at the same time. And things really got hectic if you defeated one and the other one goes all super berserk and all.

2. Vergil Battle 2 (DMC 3). Once you had the extra abilities under your arsenal then you could really let loose and it is a blast to play him, especially on the harder levels.

1. Dante (DMC 4). It was fun to see him get his a** kicked, but not so much when he switched into royal guard mode and kept blasting you with the shotgun. But he was a tough SOB on the harder levels and it was so satisfying to fight him.

Honorable Mentions : Nelo Angelo and Griffon (DMC)

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Man it's hard to choose just 5 but I'll do my best here.

1. Mundus (DMC1)
2. Griffon (DMC1)/ Nelo Angelo (DMC1)/ Baal (DMC4)/ Agni & Rudra (DMC3)
3. Nevan (DMC3)
4. Nelo Credo (DMC4) and Jester (DMC3)
5. Argosax the Chaos (DMC2) and Vergil 3 (DMC3)

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
5. Mundus- All the way back in the original. Seriously, that outer space sequence is awesome and mind boggling. It took me 4 tries to activate my dragon attack. Even in the lava area, I barely survived that guy. Amd he is a PAIN on DMD.

4. Beowulf- Up until then, all DMC3 bosses were pretty easy and their weaknesses exploited. Then this thing comes and starts kicking my *ss. Also Yamato is his only weakness which I obviously didn't have during my first playthrough.

3. Nightmare 3- Honestly, he was pretty damn easy up until this point. After the part where Trish intervenes I found myself dying a bunch and desparately running everywhere trying to get those panels to light up.

2. The Savior- Same reason as @Director Bison. The thing was a recreation of Mundus! Also the fight was pretty damn fun.

1. Angelo 3 and Vergil 3- These guys were really fun and a big challenge. How awesome is it to go toe to toe with the other Son of Sparda? The Vergil 3 battle was legendary and Angelo 3 was kne of the hardest fights in DMC.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
1. Beowulf (DMC 3), this guy is by far the most fun enemy to use Royalguard againt, not to mention any style is fairly effective against him.

2. Vergil 3 (DMC 3), once you beat him DMD you feel like you conquered the world.

3. Nelo Angelo 3 (DMC 1), love this battle except on DMD.

4. Credo (DMC 4), freestyle fighting at its finest.

5. Sanctus (DMC 4), using Buster on this geezer leads to wonderful things.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Favorites:
1) Vergil 3 (DMC3) - He's not designed to be fair, he's designed to open up a can of vergil all over your ass, so prepare your anus. Even on normal difficulty this guy is a rape train, so beating him is a legit pulse pounding victory.
2) Nelo Angelo 1 (DMC) - something about making the most out of your limited kit makes beating him very satisfying. This boss was the first time in any game I was forced to learn a boss's patterns and tells, but once I did, I was reading entire combos from the vaguest of telegraphs and I felt like a motherfucking jedi.
3) Agni & Rudra (DMC3) - uncooperative camera aside, these two are really fun to style on with royal guard
4) Credo (DMC4) - This boss makes table hopper fun as ****.
5) Phantom (DMC) - just a really well rounded boss fight. The environment is cramped so you're forced to go toe-to-toe, you have a relatively safe way to deal damage if you're not the best but he's got a sweet spot that puts you in range of his stinger if you like high risk/high reward.

Least Favorites:
1) Savior (DMC4) - a glorified platforming puzzle, 90% jumping to new platforms, 10% fighting things. The beginning o the end for DMC boss designs
2) Sanctus 1 and 2 (DMC4) - vulnerable to taking damage, okay, let me just run away constantly until my shield comes back. Not hard, just really annoying, and beating him feels more like a chore than a victory
3) Vergil (DmC) - a sad shell of his DMC3 self, every attack is painfully telegraphed and deals pathetic damage, and the frequent cutscene interrupts are a really intrusive way to announce his insignificant pattern changes. He doesn't feel like a boss fight, he feels like a character begging for death, handing you the keys to his life bar on a glowing, grapple-indicating plate.
4) Geryon (DMC3) - stop your galloping bullshit you cheap piece of- MY WHOLE LIFEBAR?? I HATE YOU YOU ASSHOLE HORSE. Hate levels reduced once I accidentally discovered the sweet spot on his face that will stop his gallop and cause him to fall (for like 2 seconds) but still one of my least favorite fights
5) Dante (DMC4) - the DMC version of fighting dark link; every move you do has an instant counter hard coded into his AI. Beating him feels more like exploiting holes in his otherwise flawlessly cheap counter pattern than it does beating a boss. Also being on the other end of a just release is painful as hell

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
1. Vergil
2. Credo
3. Agni & Rudra
4. Nero Angelo
5. Beowulf

Although, I really liked the Credo battle. Might even put it above Vergil due to sheer awesomeness. Throwing his spear back and impaling him was just so badass.

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

1)Vergil(DmC): You can, you know, actual combo him with a variety of weapons and there are several ways to fight him. Also, almost every attack he does can be parried.
2)Credo(DMC4): Basically the same reason as Vergil in DmC, but he lower because the combo potential is lower. Also, he looks cool.
3)Vergil(DMC3): Combo potential is limited to say the least, but he has a complex pattern and a wide range of attacks.
4)Nelo Angelo(DMC, Final Form): One the most fair and tough boss fights in that game, he has a plethora of moves and all of them are well telegraphed.
Only problem I have is that he does stupid damage.
5)Hunter (DmC): Because this:

Top Bottom