• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 30 Anime Titles and Anime Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;76100 said:
I havent seen many Animes but my favourites that i have are Dragon Ball Z & Death Note and soon going to start watching Bleach.

you should watch Bleach....Bleach is better than Naruto,i think.:)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
bleach is freaking awsome...especially now that we're starting to get back into new episodes again..lol...i hate when companies only buy so many episodes of a really good show and stay at the number even after they see the fan base for the show...bleach is so far the one of the best anime ive seen...death note and blood+ would be the next favorite..although i watch naruto i dont much care for it lately...death note and bleach take up too much of my anime life..lol

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
Chaos Master;76143 said:

AGREED! Actually... most anything is better than Naruto IMO :lol:

Blood+ and Death Note ARE my life right now NERO116, just ask my wardrobe *looks at L and Light shirts* :lol:

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
I never really got into Naruto. I tried to sit and watch an episode one day... I fell asleep, :lol:. It takes a lot for an anime to impress me enough to keep me watching it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dragon Ball (Season 1,Season 2,Season 3)

xcx8fj0.jpg

This anime is no doubt one of the best.This anime series has many cool fighting scenes,nice storyline and really nice artworks despite it is an old anime.

Dragon Ball,the 1st Season is a bit childish,but nice story.I love the comedic scenes.Follows the manga exactly with few additional scenes.

Dragon Ball Z,the 2nd Season is much better than the predecessor.Has better artworks,nice storyline.On top of that,it follows the manga exactly with many extra scenes which are not seen in the manga.

Dragon Ball GT,the 3rd Season is better than Dragon Ball but a bit boring than Dragon Ball Z.This anime is pure original story,not in any manga.This anime is very nice,but has a few flaws though.Love it's Opening Song.

Favourite Theme Songs - DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarate Ku by Field of View.

Jigoku Shoujo
(Season 1 and Season 2)

xcx9sa8.jpg

Very nice anime.Similar to Death Note,except the main character is a girl,her only.She has the ability to kill anyone.It is her job as the Hell Girl.This anime's tone is very sad,quiet and emotional.Death is this anime's theme.Very good storyline and artwork.Recommended to Death Note fans.Season 3 may soon come out.

Favourite Theme Songs - Sakasama no Chou by SNoW.

Fruits Basket (TV Series)

asdasdnh2.jpg

Very nice anime.Full of romance and comedy.Technically,this anime is the opposite of Love Hina.More guys less girls.Very nice artwork and story,better than manga in artwork's comparison.However,the anime is not conclusive unlike it's manga which is a sad thing.Hopes the Season 2 will come out...

Favourite Theme Songs - For Fruits Basket by Okazaki Ritsuko.

Chobits
(TV Series)

xcx7jw0.jpg

Very nice and emotional anime.Has very sad storyline but has funny and ecchi sides too.This anime is good for romantic lovers,but not for underages,seriously.Love the artwork and storyline.This anime is highly recommended.

Favourite Theme Songs - Ningyo Hime by Tanaka Rie,Raison D'etre by Tanaka Rie.

School Rumble (Season 1,OVA and Season 2)

fffnk1.jpg

Very good comedy anime.Nice artworks and weird storyline.The artworks are purely amazing.This anime has very nice romance story,and have some nice action scenes.What is the biggest flaw of this anime is does not have many original ideas.Some stuffs are spoofed from various medias,like Matrix,Power Rangers,and etc.However,this anime is good.School Rumble 3rd Semester,bundled into OVAs.It will be released sometime on July.

Favourite Theme Songs - Onna no Ko Otoko no Ko by Ogura Yuko,Sentimental Generation by Tokito Ami,Futari wa Wasurechau by Koshimizu Ami and Noto Mamiko,Kun he ~Kaze ni Nosete~ by Takahashi Hiroki,GIRLS CAN ROCK by Lia.

Sousei no Aquarion (TV Series and OVAs)

xcx14ls4.jpg

Very nice action mecha anime.Has comedy and romance stuffs too.What makes this anime good is the CG style animation for mechas.The CGs are awesome.This anime is a bit childish for some people,as it reminds them of Power Rangers,but this anime is for teenagers and above.The storyline is varied.From 1-15,nice.From 16-21,bad.From 22-26,great.The anime has their emotional side,though.Recommended for action mecha fanatics and romance lovers.

The OVAs are purely alternate storyline from the TV series.It has two OVAs,60 minutes long each.Very nice OVAs.but the ending makes make many viewers wondered and puzzled.

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (Season 1 and Season 2)

sdaajx4.jpg

There are two parts of this anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed

Very nice anime,very cool mechas,and nice artworks.The only problem with this anime is that it has repetitive battle scenes,and some recap episodes.Love the songs as they are very nice.the first in Gundam series has a sex scene.also has cool characters.For 18 and above as violence and nudity are present,kids.This anime has Special Editions,which are recap episodes for the whole series and added extra scenes.

Favourite Theme Songs - Realize by Tamaki Nami,Meteor by T.M. Revolution,Fields of Hope by Tanaka Rie.

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny

The sequel for Mobile Suit Gundam Seed.Has new characters and many old characters reprised their roles.Good storyline but a bit shabby.The storyline changes from the middle to the end episodes.Has too many flashbacks and repetitive battle scenes.Also for 18 and above as violence and nudity are present,kids.The Special Editions are good as they have many extra scenes but repetitive scenes.This anime has also Final Plus version,which recounts the last episode and has different ending and future possibilities.

Favourite Theme Songs - Reason by Tamaki Nami,Vestige by T.M. Revolution.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV Series)

xcx4pa3.jpg

Another good anime.Has nice songs,cool and beautiful characters and etc.However,this anime has really weird chronological order which is believed to be intentional.Anyone who watches the 1st episode will be angry or ****ed off,but the episode is not the 1st episode,it is called Episode 0.Really good anime to those who enjoying it truly.

Favourite Theme Songs - Bouken Desho Desho? by Aya Hirano,God knows... by Aya Hirano.

Karin (TV Series)

xcx10mx5.jpg

Very nice romantic anime.Full of comedy and ecchi stuffs too.A highly recommended anime for romantic lovers.It is better than the manga,i guess.Whoever watches this anime,they gonna laugh a lot.

Favourite Theme Songs - Mou Hitotsu no Birthday by F.M. Theta.

Air Gear (TV Series)

xcx6ds0.jpg

Very nice and cool anime.Full of humours and ecchi stuffs.Has really great action scenes.The creator of the manga series is the creator of Tenjho Tenge.However,people tend to like Air Gear more as it has better storyline.This anime is really not for underages.This anime opening song is one of my favourite.

Favourite Theme Songs - Chain by BACK-ON.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;76143 said:

Only seen a couple of previews of Naruto here and there and not really watched it so i wouldnt be able to say. I will watch Bleach soon though as from what ive seen of it, it does look good.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;76994 said:
Only seen a couple of previews of Naruto here and there and not really watched it so i wouldnt be able to say. I will watch Bleach soon though as from what ive seen of it, it does look good.

Bleach is highly recommended.have very nice songs.you can check my Bleach review on the 1st page,meow...:)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vandread (Season 1,Season2 and OVA)

xcxju6.jpg

a very good harem anime.Nice CG fighting scenes and a very peculiar but interesting plot.Very funny and full of action.May not be suitable for underages.Season 3 is rumoured to come out but with no news about it at all.

Favourite Theme Songs - Himegoto bu SiLC.

Zero no Tsukaima
(Season 1 and Season 2)

xcx5zg3.jpg

A very nice anime...A harem,romance,ecchi,magic and adventure in one box.A good anime.Kind of anime version of Harry Potter.Season 3 will be coming out this year.

Favourite Theme Songs - I Say Yes by Ichiko.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV Series,and Movies)

dfdab7.jpg

This anime is very good.Has very nice artworks,mecha designs and good storyline.The only problem is this anime is very sensitive to many religions and very deep philosophy anime.
.This anime is certainly not suitable for underages and for people who are sensitive to religion.Looking forward to it's live action movie and OVAs remake DVDs.
Favourite Theme Songs - Thesis of a Cruel Angel by Takahashi Yoko

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Movie)

fsst0.jpg

A very nice video game adaptation into movie.Really realistic CGs and fighting scenes.Good for all ages.But the decision to make the sequel of FFVII into a CG movie is a mistake,I guess.It would have done better if it was made into a PS2 video game console.

Favourite Theme Songs - Advent: One-Winged Angel by Uematsu Nobuo.

Black Cat (TV Series)

sadaes2.jpg

One of my favourite action adventure anime.Nice comedic scenes,nice fighting actions and clean artworks.I wish the series will go longer.The theme of this anime is cats,which I like the most.

Favourite Theme Songs - Daia no Hana by Yoriko.

Blood + (TV Series)

gdan3.jpg

An anime inspired by the movie called Blood - The Last Vampire.A very nice anime.Full of action and violence.Really nice artworks and graphics.Not suitable for underages.

Favourite Theme Songs - Aozora no Namida by Takahashi Hitomi,Colors of the Heart by UVERworld.

Yakitate Japan!! (TV Series)

gd1pk7.jpg

A very nice anime.Full of comedy.Nice to watch it with family or friends.A cooking genre anime which is better than Cooking Master Boy.

Favourite Theme Songs - Sunday by Babystars,Chiisa na Uta by MARIA.

Great Teacher Onizuka (TV Series)

xcx2gl0.jpg

A very good anime.Teaches a lot of life lessons.Nice story,cool characters,and nice songs.Wish it continues longer to 50 episode and follows the manga accordingly.The live action TV series adaptation is my favourite Japan TV drama series all time.

Favourite Theme Songs - Driver's High by L'Arc-en-Ciel,Last Piece by Kirari.

Persona ~Trinity Soul~

xcx1iu1.jpg

One of my favourite anime in 2008.Nice storyline,nice graphics,and nice artworks for the characters.Too bad there is not much action scenes though.A sequel from the game Persona 3.Some voice acting does not match with their characters assigned.

Favourite Theme Songs - Breakin' through by Kita Shuuhei.

Eureka Seven
(TV Series)

vddpi5.jpg

Very nice mecha anime.The animation and artworks are really nice.A pure original anime story.Very funny,adventurous and a bit of romantic.Love the songs.

Favourite Theme Songs - Days by FLOW,Canvas by COOLON.

That's all for my anime reviews.how about you guys,meow...?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
One more from me. It's becoming kinda difficult as time passes:p

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

It's a mecha parody anime by Gainax. It starts off funny, and weird but evolves rapidly as you see more episodes. The story starts like this:

In the distant future, people build their homes and raise domestic animals in subterranean caverns. As a result, they live in fear of the occasional earthquake and cave-in, and have been for hundreds of years. Jeeha is one such village.

One day, a boy named Simon happens to find a small, shiny drill whilst digging to expand the village. At the same time, Kamina, a guy who believes that there is another land above the village, persuades a gangster to break through the ceiling in order to leave the cavern. Suddenly, an earthquake occurs and the ceiling collapses, followed by a big robot breaking through the ceiling.

Kamina is now sure that there is a world above them. Recklessly, he begins to fight against the robot. At that moment, another person appears from the land above. It is a girl by the name of Yoko. With a rifle in hand, she had been tracking the robot. However, all she could do was distract it. Then, Simon shows what he had found to Kamina and Yoko. It's a mysterious robot whose head is also its body.

From AnimeNfo

The design is really cool. And the opening song appeals to me as well. (Although I generally like all the OST).

As most of the other titles I spoke about, this isn't for anyone. Parodies are for people who have seen more anime than the average, in order to understand the jokes. Otherwise I suppose it would be kinda stupid for them. Yet again, some people love it, some others hate. But I recommend it to hardcore anime fans:p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Going to add some rep to you for this thread as its very interesting and seems to have grabbed peoples attention.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;77938 said:
One more from me. It's becoming kinda difficult as time passes:p

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

It's a mecha parody anime by Gainax. It starts off funny, and weird but evolves rapidly as you see more episodes. The story starts like this:

The design is really cool. And the opening song appeals to me as well. (Although I generally like all the OST).

As most of the other titles I spoke about, this isn't for anyone. Parodies are for people who have seen more anime than the average, in order to understand the jokes. Otherwise I suppose it would be kinda stupid for them. Yet again, some people love it, some others hate. But I recommend it to hardcore anime fans:p

nice rep+ to you...:)

Dark Drakan;77996 said:
Going to add some rep to you for this thread as its very interesting and seems to have grabbed peoples attention.

thank u...rep+ back to you...:)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

Also known as "When they cry and When they Cry Again".

There are two series. It's an anime that describes the exact same story in parallel universes/worlds with different things happening each time due to some triggers. The village of Hinamizawa has a population of 2000. Here, the sounds of cicadas can be heard in the late evening. Though at a first glance the village seems normal, however, here is where lies a horrible secret which the villagers try to keep secret from newcomers. The curse of Oyashiro-sama. Unusual murders have been occuring ever since the dam construction plan. Is it a coincidence or part of a plot taken place.

Kai (解) means solution, that's why the second series Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, supposedly ends the whole thing.

(I got the plot summary by Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com)

It has elements of Angst, Conspiracy, Detective, Horror, Thriller, Violence and some other stuff.

Basically, the 1st series shows the story each time from a different character's perspective while the 2nd follows the only character who was wasn't granted her own story in the 1st series.

The anime is awesome. Especially the 2nd season. The 1st one can bring you down, make you kinda depressed if you're into this sort of thing. The 2nd is easier to adapt to and helps you understand what happened in the previous season and why.

Supposedly there is going to be a 3rd series, although I find it kinda weird since the story pretty much ended.

However since it's an adaption of the amateur created murder mystery computer game Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni developed by the studio 7th Expansion, maybe we have some other characters yet to see, or follow a completely new storyline with the characters older, who knows?

It's kinda weird,freaky but interesting. I recommend it only to people into this sort of thing.

Lastly here's a picture:

Higurashi no Naku koro ni Kai

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;79460 said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

Also known as "When they cry and When they Cry Again".

There are two series. It's an anime that describes the exact same story in parallel universes/worlds with different things happening each time due to some triggers. The village of Hinamizawa has a population of 2000. Here, the sounds of cicadas can be heard in the late evening. Though at a first glance the village seems normal, however, here is where lies a horrible secret which the villagers try to keep secret from newcomers. The curse of Oyashiro-sama. Unusual murders have been occuring ever since the dam construction plan. Is it a coincidence or part of a plot taken place.

Kai (解) means solution, that's why the second series Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, supposedly ends the whole thing.

(I got the plot summary by Source: AnimeNewsNetwork.com)

It has elements of Angst, Conspiracy, Detective, Horror, Thriller, Violence and some other stuff.

Basically, the 1st series shows the story each time from a different character's perspective while the 2nd follows the only character who was wasn't granted her own story in the 1st series.

The anime is awesome. Especially the 2nd season. The 1st one can bring you down, make you kinda depressed if you're into this sort of thing. The 2nd is easier to adapt to and helps you understand what happened in the previous season and why.

Supposedly there is going to be a 3rd series, although I find it kinda weird since the story pretty much ended.

However since it's an adaption of the amateur created murder mystery computer game Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni developed by the studio 7th Expansion, maybe we have some other characters yet to see, or follow a completely new storyline with the characters older, who knows?

It's kinda weird,freaky but interesting. I recommend it only to people into this sort of thing.

Lastly here's a picture:

Higurashi no Naku koro ni Kai

I watched both of the series...They are quite nice,but too many mysteries for me...Season 3 will come out this year...meow...rep+ meow...:)

RannaBebop

I have alot of fave animes but i dont thin i could list 30 yet and i dont think i could give a review of them since im not good at that lol but ill just list my tops :)

1.Cowboy Bebop
2.Hellsing
3.Devil May Cry
4.Trigun
5.Bleach
6.Naruto
7.Trinity Blood
8.Soul Eater
9.Hitman Reborn
10.Evangelion
11.Full Metal Panic
12.Blood +