• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 10 Video Game Villains

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Throughout Video Game history there have been Villains that have done diabolical,destructive and just pure evil deeds.
What would you say is your top 10 of them?
Mine is:
10:Sephiroth(Final Fantasy 7)
9:Glados(Portal)
8:Mundus(Devil May Cry 1)
7:Giygas(Earthbound)
6:Kefka(Final Fantsy 6)
5:Kessler(Infamous)
4:Liquid Ocelot(Metal Gear Solid 4)
3:Joker(Batman:Arkahm Asylum)
2:Ganondorf(Legend of Zelda series)
1:Albert Wesker(Resident Evil)

aka958

Don't trust people
An quick list! In no certain order.

Sephiroth (FFVII)
Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Genesis Rapsodos (CC:FFVII)
Albert Wesker (RE series)
Judge Gabranth (FFXII)
Garland (FFI)
Golbez (FFIV)
Exdeath (FFV)
Jecht (FFX)
GILGAMESH (FFV)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Do Golbez and Jecht really count as villains?I mean...

they are used by the game's true villain.One way or another.

aka958

Don't trust people
They are villains, oh yes they are. Manipulated or not.

You knew through the whole game you were fighting Jecht, he ain't fully a villain as his mind is pure, but still counts as one.
Golbez where the main villain throughout the whole game until you found out he was being controlled, mainly because he had a weak mind. But he still counts as a villain.

Dissidia sais it all. Doesn't matter if they techniqually aren't villains, dissidia sais they are on the chaos side (bad guy side) even though their intentions are pure. It's mostly their confusion on what to do that makes them the villain.

For Tidus, Jecht was a problem. He hated Jecht always taking his mum attention away from him. He wanted revenge, so personal hate is there to make him a good villain.

Ohh ohh! Good villain's has awesome quotes.

Jecht: "You can't do it kid. But don't worry, your not the only one. Only I can do it, because I'M THE BEST!" "Gonna cry? That's all your good for..."

Golbez: ---------

I don't remember any of Golbez's quotes right now...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Top 10 that spring to mind; in no particular order:

- Wesker
- Dr. Robotnik
- Vergil
- Sheogorath / Jyggalag
- Pyramid Head
- Mr. X (Streets of Rage, baby :cool:)
- Death Adder (Golden Axe series)

That's all I can think of. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
OH Sheogorath! I knew I missed something!

Sephiroth (FFVII)
Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Genesis Rapsodos (CC:FFVII)
Albert Wesker (RE series)
Judge Gabranth (FFXII)
Sheogorath / Jyggalag (The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion expansion pack Shivering Isles)
Golbez (FFIV)
Exdeath (FFV)
Jecht (FFX)
GILGAMESH (FFV)

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I would of put Vergil on my list but hes not really a villain until he becomes Nelo Angelo,before that hes more of an anti hero.

Dantenero

0. i don't know
9. Reicher (Mana Khemia 2)
8. Orochi (Warriors Orochi)
7. Vergil (DMC)
6. Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
5. Sephiroth (FFVII)
4. Tousen Kaname (Blwach Series)
3. Gin Ichimaru (Bleach Series)
2. Aizen Sousuke (Bleach Series)
1. Lezard Valeth (Valkyria profile)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I have a short list. They are more anti-heroes than villians.

1) Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
2) Kuja (FF9)
3) Vergil
4) Sephiroth (ff7)
5) Riku (KH)
6) Ganon (Zelda)
7) Bowser - lol - he plagued my childhood! Stupid princess kept getting kidnapped!

I can only think of 7, and like I say there not really villians are they? The bad/boss dudes I usually hate with a passion (resulting in my throwing the controller around the room) therefore I can't add them to my top 10 because of the resulting broken furniture.!

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;241323 said:
I have a short list. They are more anti-heroes than villians.

1) Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
2) Kuja (FF9)
3) Vergil
4) Sephiroth (ff7)
5) Riku (KH)
6) Ganon (Zelda)
7) Bowser - lol - he plagued my childhood! Stupid princess kept getting kidnapped!

I can only think of 7, and like I say there not really villians are they? The bad/boss dudes I usually hate with a passion (resulting in my throwing the controller around the room) therefore I can't add them to my top 10 because of the resulting broken furniture.!

Kuja wanted to end all life because he was going to die. That's pretty villainous ain't it?

Sephiroth were to kill everything on the planet with meteor. That is pretty much like Kuja's resolve.

Vergil wanted to take over the demon world. It resulted in many injuries of people and he unleashed some hell. Pretty much of a villain to me.

Ganon is an evil man who took over the world and threw it into chaos. What the hell is a villain to you!?

Bowser is just an annoying dude who kidnaps princesses from italian plumbers in a dream of a pretty much stoned person. So he is an anti-hero for sure.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Heres my top ten in random order.

Clyde (ArmyofTwo)
Wesker (ResidentEvil)
Dr.Betruger/Maledict (DOOM3)
Bowser (Mario series)
Frank Fontaine (Bioshock)
Metal Kor (Jak2)
Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
The Dahaka (PrinceofPersia)
Hunter (DeadSpace)
Saren (MassEffect)

aka958

Don't trust people
Demon619;244681 said:
Heres my top ten in random order.

Clyde (ArmyofTwo)
Wesker (ResidentEvil)
Dr.Betruger/Maledict (DOOM3)
Bowser (Mario series)
Frank Fontaine (Bioshock)
Metal Kor (Jak2)
Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
The Dahaka (PrinceofPersia)
Hunter (DeadSpace)
Saren (MassEffect)

Dr.Betruger KICKS ASS! That I didn't thought of him...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
aka958;241470 said:
Kuja wanted to end all life because he was going to die. That's pretty villainous ain't it?

Sephiroth were to kill everything on the planet with meteor. That is pretty much like Kuja's resolve.

Vergil wanted to take over the demon world. It resulted in many injuries of people and he unleashed some hell. Pretty much of a villain to me.

Ganon is an evil man who took over the world and threw it into chaos. What the hell is a villain to you!?

Bowser is just an annoying dude who kidnaps princesses from italian plumbers in a dream of a pretty much stoned person. So he is an anti-hero for sure.

You have a very good pont. I still don't see them all as as villans - most of them have a pretty good reason for doing what they do - I'd do the same!

*destorys everything around her!* lol

Ok maybe Ganon is a villian.

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;245084 said:
You have a very good pont. I still don't see them all as as villans - most of them have a pretty good reason for doing what they do - I'd do the same!

*destorys everything around her!* lol

Ok maybe Ganon is a villian.

The FF villains have reasons... or most of them do.
Their emotions cripple them and they seek world destruction. Gotta love their resolve. XD

Ganon is a villain, that's for sure.

aka958

Don't trust people
nero xy;245121 said:
Sephiroth and wesker

HELL YEAH! Sephiroth and Wesker is pure pwnage! But you forgot to add Genesis, Kefka, Exdeath, Kuja, Garland, Gabranth, Jecht, etc.

Top Bottom