• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tokyo Game Show 2012

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Logged in to see TGS new reveals! Just then.....
TGS already ended guys... :|

Imnotcryingitsjustrainfallingonmyfa.gif

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well that was disappointing.......but the TGS was basically summing up E3, Gamescon, & Pax for the Japanese audience who don't get E3, Gamescon, PAX, Captivate, & Comic-Con.

Devil Player

So, that was TGS:

1) Almost nobody filmed gameplays...

2) The few gameplays were made by bad players...

3) A new trailer was shown ( crush confirmed it) but it's not online...

4) New stuff was shown during only 1 day, not allowing everyone to watch it...It's not available online. I just watched it, because I had slept a lot before the new stuff...

5) Old stuff was shown again for the 10th time.

6) Annoying japanese kept talking during gameplays to make sure we wouldn't hear a damn thing...

7) The trailer released to cinemas was shown again, but just for who was there. Not available online, nothing, nada.

8) You had to stay 24 hours to see 10 secs of a new gameplay...

9) Bob Barbas battle was shown for ad infinitum

10) Vergil won't be playable

The only new stuff was the new story trailer and a bit of the subway mission. I was really expecting more, coming from that event...:(

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
TGS already ended guys... :|
tumblr_maif0xeyBS1rxsuqdo1_500.gif

So, that was TGS:

1) Almost nobody filmed gameplays...

2) The few gameplays were made by bad players...

3) A new trailer was shown ( crush confirmed it) but it's not online...

4) New stuff was shown during only 1 day, not allowing everyone to watch it...It's not available online. I just watched it, because I had slept a lot before the new stuff...

5) Old stuff was shown again for the 10th time.

6) Annoying japanese kept talking during gameplays to make sure we wouldn't hear a damn thing...

7) The trailer released to cinemas was shown again, but just for who was there. Not available online, nothing, nada.

8) You had to stay 24 hours to see 10 secs of a new gameplay...

9) Bob Barbas battle was shown for ad infinitum

10) Vergil won't be playable

The only new stuff was the new story trailer and a bit of the subway mission. I was really expecting more, coming from that event...:(

I was expecting that CGI trailer to get released properly then. And it's surprising since a video before stated DmC would be the main show (if i got that right)

Instead of feeling like
tumblr_m9wv416e9E1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

It's leaning towards
tumblr_m8x82bdMIR1rruom8.gif

But being serious, we've SEEN a lot of stuff on the game overall, so should we really be complaining? Think about it, we got treated to the whole boss battle of Poison, some of the Bob Barba boss battle, we got about a whole mission with Kat and those cameras, then some of that from the upside down city, Lilith's disco and apparently the start of the game in the carnival (for those rare few). And now apparently some to do with this train section. Need I mention a TONE of trailers?

We should be grateful we've gotten to see as much of the game that we have ^_^

AngelMode

crush

Yeah, have to admit they showed only tidbits of info.
The pier trailer,Subway gameplay, cinematic trailer the shotgun...But at least they showed us something new upcoming like the bank.

Overall I can swear it was better than Re6...Lining up 3hours for that mess was a nightmare.

K2BJoker

Hmm ... Buy Resident Evil 6 and inside there is a code to download DmC demo ( like in Dragon's Dogma )

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hmm ... Buy Resident Evil 6 and inside there is a code to download DmC demo ( like in Dragon's Dogma )

My GOD!!! Knowing Capcom that is actually possible.

Maybe they'll pull a DoA5 demo and have like a different stage (Underwatch & Overturn) and even different boss battles (Poison & Bob) for both the 360 & PS3 players both those who have RE6 can play both and Eryx is available to only RE6 owners.

Wait is this true???

crush

To everyone. I almost forgot posting this. I made an easy conversation about it with mr. Chocolateghost though.
Playing the demo, I realized there is one detail in the game that can get complaints. It's a rather minor detail, but think of it as a warning when you play the game.

As you know. The airhike is executed by human mode/double jump. And Angel boost can be used by pressing angel/jump while in the air.
This actually made things very complicated. ( I know it's damn obvious because it's angelboost but skystar was preformed by a single button)
There is no problem doing easy enemy steps, but this made making hights while in angel mode sort of difficult at first. It's kind of a Vergil mode where you have osiris instead of aerial rave.
I countered this problem by using my angellift buster which lifts my enemy higher though...This problem is definitely one of the things you have to write in your head when the game starts. Or you will find yourself slamming yourself to your enemies.

This and the other difficulties I posted earlier made me think DmC needs more precise air and direction control than the other series, and made me rethink that the "easy floaty-air-action-that-can-be-preformed-by-anybody" a made up image. It needs loads of practice after all.

Domenic93

according to GregaMan, who asked the associate producer what vergil said about sparda and mundus and he said that he said that sparda was the blood brother of mundus

Top Bottom