• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To Supporters Of DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

*Cough*

Let's not start anything else people. As Mr. Credo says, "If a post annoys you just ignore it."

Meg

Don't worry about it. Sometimes its best to leave things alone. That was for everyone. *hint hint*

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Esura;290626 said:
I do not support.

Wont sign.

You just did :O you are now one of us and in signing this petition that doesn't exist you have been branded a DmC supporter...FOREVER!

Asmodaius

@ aka958

It was not aimed at you specifically, yet you proved my point.
The reason I wrote that is because I have seen time and time again that if you are being positive about the new DmC, then a non-supporter will be sure to tear you down. However, I was not bashing at anyone, or rather, it was not my intention. It was supposed to be a sort of warning.

When I started the thread "To those who are excited about DmC..." I politely asked the non-supporters to refrain from posting, yet the thread was torn apart by those. So yes, I have a rather negative view on them.

That said, I have also chatted with a few non-supporters who gave me an understanding of -why- they weren't supporting the new DmC and I respect their point of view. And then there are those who just seem to enjoy tearing threads like these apart, because they can't deal with the fact that Capcom and NT have changed Dante's character and appearance, and is also underway to change the franchise with the upcoming game, or that there are actually some of us who welcome these changes. It was those people my negative post was aimed at. And your response proved my point.

Esura did someone the same with her "I do not support" post. This thread was to show that some of us support the production of DmC, and Esura made such a negative post out of spite from what it looks like. It's like if someone asks "Those who likes chocolate, say aye" and then someone goes "I HATE CHOCOLATE!!!" - that's not what was asked about with this thread.

So please, if you have some personal issue with me or my posts or threads, write to me in a PM. However, let me tell you now that I have nothing personal against anyone on this forum. People can have the opinions they want and discuss them with other people - that's what a forum is for. But due to the lack of maturity which has been seen by some on this forum, I made that negative comment about non-supporters. That was immature by me and I apologize for it. I did not mean to offend anyone.

Now, please move on with this thread.
Just to make sure, I signed because I support DmC and Ninja Theory as well. I find NT to have an extravagant way to tell a great story, though not the best out there when it comes to a few things. E.g. I find Enslaved to be a beautiful game and fun to play, however, they didn't really add with something new and the rendering seemed a bit outdated.
Therefore, I hope Capcom is helping them with those things to tweak DmC into becoming a beautiful and fun game to play as well as telling a great story about Dante's origins. ^^

aka958

Don't trust people
Asmodaius;290672 said:
Esura did someone the same with her "I do not support" post. This thread was to show that some of us support the production of DmC, and Esura made such a negative post out of spite from what it looks like. It's like if someone asks "Those who likes chocolate, say aye" and then someone goes "I HATE CHOCOLATE!!!" - that's not what was asked about with this thread.

Wait what? He didn't yell out "I HATE BOTH NT AND DmC!". He just disagreed and said it in a very polite manner. Like "I dislike chocolate".

I would have to say that I love chocolate but there are some sorts of chocolate mixes that makes me want to throw up. The same could be said about NT and DmC in my perspective. I like NT, I hate DmC.

The rest of the post I can agree with.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
*shakes head*
When I first started reading this thread I thought I'll post with a joke about arguments/rants, however now after reading the whole post I'm not in the mood for jokes!

I don't mind Ninja Theory and I'm interested to see what they come up with.
*signed*
^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
For crying out loud, what's with everyone turning a simple question into a flipping argument all the time. You either like something or not. Sign or don't, but don't go on about it.

Esura made a valid point. It's called an opinion. Everyone has one, so we should all get used to that. I've signed, I've said, and I'll say no more.

Asmodaius

aka958;290704 said:
Wait what? He didn't yell out "I HATE BOTH NT AND DmC!". He just disagreed and said it in a very polite manner. Like "I dislike chocolate".

LordOfDarkness;290708 said:
Esura made a valid point. It's called an opinion. Everyone has one, so we should all get used to that. I've signed, I've said, and I'll say no more.

The point is that Esura amongst others have in several other threads made sure that we know their opinion about the new DmC. It was highly unnecessary to post that opinion in a thread like this, because that was not the intention with the thread to begin with. To me it seems like an immature way to always cross others who do not share that opinion.

Just because you have an opinion does not mean you have to state it at every single chance you get. It is alright to have a different opinion than others and it is alright to discuss those opinions, but there's a time and place for that - this thread was not one of them. As you said, LOD, either you sign if you agree or you just leave it be.

aka958;290704 said:
I would have to say that I love chocolate but there are some sorts of chocolate mixes that makes me want to throw up. The same could be said about NT and DmC in my perspective. I like NT, I hate DmC.

I prefer orange-flavoured crispy chocolate myself. ^^

aka958

Don't trust people
Asmodaius;290730 said:
The point is that Esura amongst others have in several other threads made sure that we know their opinion about the new DmC. It was highly unnecessary to post that opinion in a thread like this, because that was not the intention with the thread to begin with. To me it seems like an immature way to always cross others who do not share that opinion.

Just because you have an opinion does not mean you have to state it at every single chance you get. It is alright to have a different opinion than others and it is alright to discuss those opinions, but there's a time and place for that - this thread was not one of them. As you said, LOD, either you sign if you agree or you just leave it be.

I prefer orange-flavoured crispy chocolate myself. ^^

Well, people can say they like it as much as they want in the board, no? There are times I get bothered with "let's respect bla bla bla" stuff in threads too, but it is their opinion. It's a little annoying to see all the time for me but I do not under any circumstance want to take down an opinion which have done me no harm.

He just said he won't sign, he didn't affect anyone in particular, just saying "I'm sorry but this won't work for me". He is not bashing anyone, harassing anyone, or pointing out to others, just stating his opinion which everyone has a right to.

Other than that. I like milk chocolate. :D

Meg

Remember the Let it out people! thread and how a certain someone (;)) made a stink about how it was only for people against the game? Threads allowing only one side of an argument don't work. While I don't think posting in a pro/against thread simply to say you disagree is necessary, there isn't anything really wrong with it. If you really want to then go ahead, so long as you are respectful about it.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;290734 said:
Remember the Let it out people! thread and how a certain someone (;)) made a stink about how it was only for people against the game? Threads allowing only one side of an argument don't work. While I don't think posting in a pro/against thread simply to say you disagree is necessary, there isn't anything really wrong with it. If you really want to then go ahead, so long as you are respectful about it.

Well, I got a strong felling that the thread "Let it out people!" was all about culling those who didn't like it into a single thread and keep them there. <_<

But... yeah... that's a bit very off topic.
Your post is gold and rep+'d.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Meg;290734 said:

seriously, this.

@aka the "let it out people" thread had the first post edited. anyone who thinks anything is welcome to post in it. :)

Meg

aka958;290736 said:
Well, I got a strong felling that the thread "Let it out people!" was all about culling those who didn't like it into a single thread and keep them there. <_<

But... yeah... that's a bit very off topic.
Your post is gold and rep+'d.

It was actually meant as a vent thread. =]

either way, thanks for the rep. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom