• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TO ALL VERGIL FANS!

Zato-OW

King
Vergil being a main character in a game is a bad idea. He isn't like Dante,he doesn't crack jokes or toy around with his enemies. Vergil is a good fighter of course and his gameplay would be very good but for the story part its not gonna work. Hes just too laid back to be a lead character. His role should be Rival or Villian. But he would be cool in a short 10 ep anime or something like that.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Stylish Nereezy;98250 said:
yea know ppl want Vergil back....hell i want him back jus so Dante wil have a true challenge in the next game...and as far as Nero doing nothing for DMC he kept Vergil's spirit and his sword relevant since he wasn't actually in it

So he was just a stand-in for Vergil? Is that what you're saying?;)

I personally have no problem with Nero. If they keep him in the series, fantastic! Vergil better be playable next time around. If they decide to can him, fantastic! But Vergil better be playable next time around... so uh ... yeah... That's all I'm saying.^_^

Sicktress

Artist
VERGIL WOULD BE PERFECT AS THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR A GAME!! For once I'd like to be the bad guy with Yamato and bad-*** hair! Vergil is such a smart-alic, I'd just die laughing.. I havent even played his side of the DMC3 game yet, I got scared off by the first cut-scene :-/

slapsus

Zato-OW;98643 said:
Vergil being a main character in a game is a bad idea. He isn't like Dante,he doesn't crack jokes or toy around with his enemies. Vergil is a good fighter of course and his gameplay would be very good but for the story part its not gonna work. Hes just too laid back to be a lead character. His role should be Rival or Villian. But he would be cool in a short 10 ep anime or something like that.

I agree with Zato... Vergil would be good as a playable optional character for bloody palace and a few short side-story missions...

Say like in the main story arc you play as Dante and Nero with a few flashback cutscenes about Vergil's story... and after you finish the game you unlock Vergil and play like 4-5 missions, different from the main 20-30 or how many more they'll(if they) put, that explain more of the flashbacks.

So in main story arc: Dante/Nero
Side-story/Flashback: Vergil

Zato-OW

King
Well him being the main story line is ok but not a hero. Hes gonna end up like Vegeta or something always envying Goku(Dante) because he was always stronger and tried hard to be as strong but still got his a** kicked every time. He should stay dead because we all know he will be defeated by either Nero or Dante if he returns because capcom will not let him win. Either way good or bad hes f*cked. Theres just no room for Vergil anymore unless Nero die:)lol:) but that wont happen.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
slapsus;100949 said:
I agree with Zato... Nero would be good as a playable optional character for bloody palace and a few short side-story missions...

Say like in the main story arc you play as Dante and vergil with a few cutscenes about Nero's story... and after you finish the game you unlock Nero and play like 4-5 missions, different from the main 20-30 or how many more they'll(if they) put, that explain more of his side story.

So in main story arc: Dante/Vergil
Side-story: Nero

Fixed... This is how it should have been if Capcom insisted on bringing Nero into the story. Honestly, Nero was not need at all. He's a third wheel with the most confusing story role in the series. I can't wait to hear the garbage Capcom will come up with to explain his exsistance. And it WILL be garbage. There is little chance that their explination will make you think "Oooh. Now it makes sense". More like, "wtf?" IMO they have ditched Vergil for no reason.(hope im wrong) Wasted potential...

Also, Vergil returning to the series doesn't mean he has to be the main antagonist. It doesn't mean he has to be Dante's bestfriend either. Nor does it mean he will always be inferior to Dante in terms of strength... They are twins... they just might be possible them have the same potential.

Now for the irony... The Red Queen is one of my favorite weapons in the entire series. Go figure...

Vergil_Yamato

Zato-OW;101201 said:
Well him being the main story line is ok but not a hero. Hes gonna end up like Vegeta or something always envying Goku(Dante) because he was always stronger and tried hard to be as strong but still got his a** kicked every time. He should stay dead because we all know he will be defeated by either Nero or Dante if he returns because capcom will not let him win. Either way good or bad hes f*cked. Theres just no room for Vergil anymore unless Nero die:)lol:) but that wont happen.

Dante culd defeat vergil but nero wuld have no chance in hell nero would have a better chance of growing wings

Zato-OW

King
You know Nero's DB is physicly stronger then Dante and Vergil. I'm sure Nero will be able to hold his own against either one of them in due time. He smashed the savior's head with just a squeeze of his fist this shows how powerful he is. I believe he can narrowly defeat post DMC3 Vergil but he won't be able to defeat Nelo Angelo or he may come close it depends on his DB. Hes a lot stronger but not as skilled as Vergil basicly. But hey I'm just talking out of my head though i mean Vergil is a better swordsman and all he would probably need is skill and speed to defeat Nero and he has both.

Sparda™

The Devil Bringer's nature is that of absorbing Devil Items and Devil Arms, increase power and bend time and space.

However, Nero's ghostly Devil Trigger is due to a side-reaction of the Devil Bringer. On this early stage, he's quite too powerful. I personally predict him honing the Devil Bringer to perfection and also control his Devil Trigger and materialize himself into the demon he reflects behind, his inner demonic self.

As for Vergil, he's going to be in the next game, we want It or not.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
:lol: I certainly want it, what I do love though is that no one has noticed that the bit of information the OP was referring to has now been taken down as there was no evidence to support the claim.

Yeah, I think it's pretty certain Vergil will grace the next game, I'd love a side story for him, just so we can get the chance to play as him once more. (Without me having to dig out my PS2 and get a new copy of DMC3:SE >_<)

Zato, I refer you to the term Anti-Hero, many games feature the Anti-Hero, like your example, Vegeta, a large party of the story and a primary character, many games have also featured a main character who has less than honourable intentions, so there's no reason Vergil couldn't step in as a main character for a game, hey, they booted out Dante as the main character for 4, so why not bring in Vergil as the main for 5?

I say it once, I'll say it again, Capcom would be shooting themselves in the foot and literally killing themselves if they never brought back Vergil, his fanbase is huge, a huge amount of the DMC fanbase want him back, there's no doubt he'll make a return, but I still take everything Wikipedia says with mountainous piles of salt

Zato-OW

King
What i ment by that is him being the lead role like 1st in line. I rather him be a rival then any of that. I like fighting against him because its so intense and hey hes a good boss. Other then that i don't think i would enjoy a whole game based on Vergil and his issues because he has a pretty boring character besides the fact hes a very good fighter and a twin of dante with slicked back hair. I mean he would be very cool to me if this was a anime. But these games only come out 1 every 2-3 years.

RazielVergil

Angelo Credo;101254 said:
:lol: I certainly want it, what I do love though is that no one has noticed that the bit of information the OP was referring to has now been taken down as there was no evidence to support the claim.

Yeah, I think it's pretty certain Vergil will grace the next game, I'd love a side story for him, just so we can get the chance to play as him once more. (Without me having to dig out my PS2 and get a new copy of DMC3:SE >_<)

Zato, I refer you to the term Anti-Hero, many games feature the Anti-Hero, like your example, Vegeta, a large party of the story and a primary character, many games have also featured a main character who has less than honourable intentions, so there's no reason Vergil couldn't step in as a main character for a game, hey, they booted out Dante as the main character for 4, so why not bring in Vergil as the main for 5?

I say it once, I'll say it again, Capcom would be shooting themselves in the foot and literally killing themselves if they never brought back Vergil, his fanbase is huge, a huge amount of the DMC fanbase want him back, there's no doubt he'll make a return, but I still take everything Wikipedia says with mountainous piles of salt

pls go to church every sunday and pray to JESUS CHRIST tat VERGIL must return in DMC 5!

Top Bottom