• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Three reviewers talk about DmC

Why does anyone here think Dante is original? There are WAY too many characters with a red trench coat and blond/white hair. It's a weird Japanese cliche where the protagonist usually wears those.

But guess what? Dante isn't supposed to be original. He never was, and never will be. Because DMC1 uses satire humor to make fun of cliches and the mainstream.

The Red on his coat is the color of a hero in Japan and most hero's have white hair to compliment the color. I thought people knew this.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Why does anyone here think Dante is original? There are WAY too many characters with a red trench coat and blond/white hair. It's a weird Japanese cliche where the protagonist usually wears those.

But guess what? Dante isn't supposed to be original. He never was, and never will be. Because DMC1 uses satire humor to make fun of cliches and the mainstream.

Nobody here thinks that dante is original. What we're saying or what i'm saying is dante is one of the first characters that have white hair and red trench coat at the same time. Okay seriously i just had a deja vu about this kind of topic.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

No it didn't. Kamiya said that Dante's coat is red because it's for 1.) red is considered a heroes color, and 2.) because he wanted the red to symbolize as a sign of death for demons.

The white hair is based on old folklore that if you have pure white hair, you were possessed by the devil.

Terrutas

No it didn't. Kamiya said that Dante's coat is red because it's for 1.) red is considered a heroes color, and 2.) because he wanted the red to symbolize as a sign of death for demons.

The white hair is based on old folklore that if you have pure white hair, you were possessed by the devil.
Yeah, heh. I guess.

I played too much God Hand lately so my world views probably changed. :<

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Baiting once more I see. Remember you're part of this fanbase, too. You are a Devil May Cry fan, right? or so you claim (I really doubt it) or are you that special snowflake who knows better than everyone else?

Again is there some in joke going on here?
Do I have to hate DmC and pretend the stupidity in this fanbase doesn't exist? Can I never criticize DMC even though it deserves just as much criticism as any other game in the franchise? I mean, the anti-DmC groups leaves all their very evident hate for DmC with snide remarks and passive aggressive trolling post. Why isn't it fair for anyone who may have had issues with the original series not allowed to spike up that defense?

Again, who am I baiting here? We're talking about the subject matter at hand and the only one it seems to be bothering the most is you. I'm not asking for your response but you did anyway (not once but twice) because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Yet you can leave your opinions about DmC and that's fine. Someone said they liked DmC and explained why they think it's a good game and you simply responded to that person with a "nah it's not." Like you were correct. So it's totally fine for you to leave opinions others may not like but when someone else does it and says something you don't want to hear that's not cool.

Is everyone in the fanbase being ridiculous? Nope. Are a very vocal minority doing it? Yep. Are they mostly anti-DmC? Yep. Just take a trip around the internet and you'll see my point.

I simply like both versions of Devil May Cry and willing to point out the flaws in both. But I'm not a fan right? Even though after everything I said at the end of the day my favorite game in the series and the one I think is the best out of them all is DMC 1. The original legendary OG game that started it all. I will proudly say DMC 1, no matter how dated the game may be, is the best in the entire franchise. Better than DMC 3. Better than DmC. Better than every single Devil May Cry. The original is not even your favorite Cherry and people surprisingly give it very little love around here. But I'm not a fan remember lol. Silly me.

Terrutas

The original is not even your favorite Cherry.
What is it with you people and assumptions? She actually stated that it IS her favorite.

Whatever, you're just baiting again.
Is everyone in the fanbase being ridiculous? Nope. Are a very vocal minority doing it? Yep. Are they mostly anti-DmC? Yep. Just take a trip around the internet and you'll see my point.
And why do we care? It's not relevant because we're not like those people on youtube. However I don't expect someone like you to tell the difference because all that matters to you is if we like DmC or not. We actually did point out the flaws in both series but you wouldn't notice, reason stated above.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Alucard doesn't have white hair and so does the other guy :D
Dante's personality is uncanny to that guy with the blond hair. I have Space Adventure Cobra dvds friend. And I can definitely see Alucard in him. Long red trench coat and the same exact guns he wields. Yea, they really weren't all that creative when it came to creating Dante. And I know about all the cultural significance of the colors in Japan. I know a lot about the place. Been there.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wasn't it you who got banned because you kept complaining about a guy complaining about something you think he should ignore. Yet here you are complaining about a minority that you could easily ignore yet you still feel the need to bring up. "Man DMC fans are the worst!" "Worst fanbase ever" "I am so special"

You seem like a very cool person that I'd like to get to know and we share the love for DMC1. which is kind of awesome.

Taken from my inbox. Check yourself before you Wreck it Ralph yourself.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What is it with you people and assumptions? She actually stated that it IS her favorite.

Whatever, you're just baiting again.

And why do we care? It's not relevant because we're not like those people on youtube. However I don't expect someone like you to tell the difference because all that matters to you is if we like DmC or not. We actually did point out the flaws in both series but you wouldn't notice, reason stated above.
I saw her say 3 was her favorite somewhere. And what do you point out exactly that's bad in DMC? You kind of acknowledge the bad but give it some special pass and call it a day. But you'll spend way more time bashing DmC of course. It basically translates too "We know DMC was also crap at times but don't bring it up because we just personally think DmC is worst so let's not spend too much time on it."

Terrutas

I saw her say 3 was her favorite somewhere. And what do you point out exactly that's bad in DMC? You kind of acknowledge the bad but give it some special pass and call it a day. But you'll spend way more time bashing DmC of course. It basically translates too "We know DMC was also crap at times but don't bring it up because we just personally think DmC is worst so let's not spend too much time on it."
I'll also give DmC a special pass because I don't really care about it. I don't spend my entire day writing reviews on metactritic about how bad the game is, do I?

And yeah just because I don't have the same attitude that is (prepare to be shocked) disappointed doesn't mean that I don't treat the flaws as flaws. They're still there.

But yeah, your argument is pretty invalid and I don't understand what the hell you want.

I'll also give DmC a special pass because I don't really care about it. I don't spend my entire day writing reviews on metactritic about how bad the game is, do I?

And yeah just because I don't have the same attitude that is (prepare to be shocked) disappointed doesn't mean that I don't treat the flaws as flaws. They're still there.

But yeah, your argument is pretty invalid and I don't understand what the hell you want.

Guaranteed replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Guaranteed replies.
You're the only ones replying so I guess if I was baiting and trolling you then you're falling right in to it. I couldn't care less. If you really didn't care then go away. Don't even bother showing up on the DmC party if you hate it so much. That's why I never go to the DMC 4 one. I have hardly anything nice to say about that game so I don't bother. You're also taking these comments personally where I never really referred to anyone by name here when talking about the idiotic fans that are there and can't get over themselves. Just look at those comments on Spoiled Games. Case in point.

NostalgicRobotX

So you mean: Are they mostly anti-DmC? Yep. Go out and find poof to back up my statements and you'll see my point.

Yeah, no, that's not how this works man.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Do I have to hate DmC and pretend the stupidity in this fanbase doesn't exist? Can I never criticize DMC even though it deserves just as much criticism as any other game in the franchise? I mean, the anti-DmC groups leaves all their very evident hate for DmC with snide remarks and passive aggressive trolling post. Why isn't it fair for anyone who may have had issues with the original series not allowed to spike up that defense?

You're simply delusional. Take a lot at the community, where is there no criticism to the older games? EVERY fan in the franchise has different favs in the series and different games in the series they hate. Whether it's people who miss the atmosphere from 1, the unique elements of 2, the style and themes of 3 and the combat of 4. None of the games get a "free pass" when discussed with actual fans, there are a lot of differing opinions in the community that are welcomed and openly discussed but I guess you wouldn't know that, you're too busy being holier than thou fighting this "war" against those dreaded antis. It must be hard being such a martyr.

Terrutas

You're simply delusional. Take a lot at the community, where is there no criticism to the older games? EVERY fan in the franchise has different favs in the series and different games in the series they hate. Whether it's people who miss the atmosphere from 1, the unique elements of 2, the style and themes of 3 and the combat of 4. None of the games get a "free pass" when discussed with actual fans, there are a lot of differing opinions in the community that are welcomed and openly discussed but I guess you wouldn't know that, you're too busy being holier than thou fighting this "war" against those dreaded antis. It must be hard being such a martyr.
I don't understand something.

Why don't we just perform a ritual to summon some demons to argue with this guy? I mean we wrote like three grimoires on how to hate DmC.

We're just devil worshipers anyway.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I don't understand something.

Why don't we just perform a ritual to summon some demons to argue with this guy? I mean we wrote like three grimoires on how to hate DmC.

We're just devil worshipers anyway.

Sorry man, would love too, but I'm a bit busy setting fire to children at the moment. Man being an "anti" is fun :D

The petition to the white house to take the game off store shelves was a stretch. But burning houses down? Holy crap. I hope the game is alright. DMC has the worst fanbase.

x00E2tg.jpg

Top Bottom