• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thought on the bittersweet ending Itsuno mentions... (theories and potential spoilers if true)

Elijah Guerrero

So, I figure the bittersweet sending to this game would have Nero and V helping Dante seal off the underworld. But with Dante now being the king of the demon realm, he lost everything. Lady cut down and dying in his arms, Trish being obliterated in a overdose of demon power as she pushes Dante away from danger, and Vergil sacrificing himself and taking a blow meant for Dante. His dying breaths apologizing to Dante for being a bad brother and causing issues, and telling Dante to give his sword to his son before crumbling to demon ashes with a final brotherly hug.

The world was saved, but Dante's world was lost.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
I mean if you go back a long ways in my post history you will see me talking about a table top RPG I ran based on Devil May Cry where, in the distant future, Dante in demon form is the reigning king of Hell. So I've always felt the series would end this way.

Will DMC 5 be the one to do it? Maybe!

I think maybe he gets Demonic Kingship from the eyeball demon we see, Urizen. I don't think Urizen is evil, I think he passes on rule of law. Then again I base that entirely on the Urizen from Blake's mythology so I am prepared to be wrong. They might just be using the name because it sounds cool.

Trish and Lady I think will live but will do their own thing. The DMC will endure under Nero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom