• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The X-Ray Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

04.jpg

As we all probably know, the image above is an X-Ray scan of Dante's brain, shown very briefly in the DmC TGS 2010 trailer. As I'm currently taking Psychology class in my Senior year of High School, I decided to print out the image and show it to my teacher and see if there was anything going on with everyone's favorite demon hunter.

The result?

He saw nothing. Despite that, he took the image with him to show to a friend of his, who I believe is a radiologist (not sure), and see if he saw anything there.

The result this time?

The friend also saw nothing wrong in that image, although he explained that for proper accuracy on the condition of the brain, multiple X-Rays are taken, each from different positions/angles.

So it looks like one of three options is going on with this X-Ray scan;

1. Ninja Theory and Capcom were too lazy to be specific and just conjured up an X-Ray scan of a brain.

2. There IS something wrong with Dante, but that particular image doesn't show it.

3. Dante is perfectly fine (or at least he was when he first arrived at the asylum). Which means he was probably set up and sent to the asylum even though he was fine. *Possible motive for the revenge that the official description mention?*

Anyway, just wanted to post this here for you all and see what you guys think we're dealing with. ^_^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Since this new DmC was revealed, I've decided to throw myself into psycology (of the video game variety)

Perhaps it is just an image to entice the fans/player more

VirgilTheart

Maybe. On a side-note, I noticed that there's a bump on the top of the skull in that image. Doesn't seem to be damaging the brain, at least in that image.

Or it could be that the guy who made the image messed up with the drawing. :lol:

BTW; I get the feeling Freud would be a Dante/Trish shipper. ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
It's 1! I know it is!
Who would care if they showed a normal brain or not? Why would they give extra thought to it when it really doesn't matter? I mean, they could've just trashed around and call it something but... it takes too much effort. xP

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know what's wrong it. He's smoking so much that the smoke ended up in his brain. Can't you see the smoke in his brain? XDDDDD

I think the only abnormal thing here is that Dante is half demon yet he has a pretty normal human looking brain. Weird, right?
I actually think it was just put in there to insinuate that the people holding him captive were trying to unlock his memories or extract information from his mind. They did keep asking him who he was, after all. Why else would they interrogate him and torture him to simply know his name if he was just a normal teen with daddy issues that they threw into rehab?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I wondered if in this reboot demons were going to be things that only came for Dante, meaning that it could be possible he's locked up for 'seeing things that aren't there' as well as being violent. He's in psych evaluation - meaning they think there's something wrong with him, or else they think he's seriously disturbed. Why they would X-ray his brain I don't know... maybe his healing abilities have caught their attention. Also, that looks more like a CT scan than an X-ray to me, since X-rays don't pick up tissues as well as bone.

But it did get me thinking along the lines of will there be flashbacks to Eva and so on, that sends Dante off the rails. And will the other inhabitants of this city be aware of demons or not in this reboot? NT say they are trying to make it more gritty and realistic and contemporary... perhaps this game will have Dante being locked up because they think he's crazy, while the other people can't see the demons, or somesuch (rather than a whole world that to some extent is aware of and worshipped Sparda). Seems to make more sense for this portrayal of Dante, anyway.

VirgilTheart

Lexy;278165 said:
I wondered if in this reboot demons were going to be things that only came for Dante, meaning that it could be possible he's locked up for 'seeing things that aren't there' as well as being violent. He's in psych evaluation - meaning they think there's something wrong with him, or else they think he's seriously disturbed. Why they would X-ray his brain I don't know... maybe his healing abilities have caught their attention.

But it did get me thinking along the lines of will there be flashbacks to Eva and so on, that sends Dante off the rails. And will the other inhabitants of this city be aware of demons or not in this reboot? NT say they are trying to make it more gritty and realistic and contemporary... perhaps this game will have Dante being locked up because they think he's crazy, while the other people can't see the demons, or somesuch (rather than a whole world that to some extent is aware of and worshipped Sparda). Seems to make more sense for this portrayal of Dante, anyway.

I like this idea. :) Makes sense and adds for a potentially interesting dynamic in the DmC universe, if done right. :cool:

Osaka

trollololol
Lexy;278165 said:
I wondered if in this reboot demons were going to be things that only came for Dante, meaning that it could be possible he's locked up for 'seeing things that aren't there' as well as being violent. He's in psych evaluation - meaning they think there's something wrong with him, or else they think he's seriously disturbed. Why they would X-ray his brain I don't know... maybe his healing abilities have caught their attention. Also, that looks more like a CT scan than an X-ray to me, since X-rays don't pick up tissues as well as bone.

Sounds very plausible and I'm starting to like the idea. Rep for post.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I was wondering earlier "just how much do the everyday people of Dante's world really know about demons?"

Before I always assumed that (while as the player we know that demons exist and can apparently pop up anywhere at any time if they are summoned or awakened) the people knew about them to an extent because Sparda ruled that world, and there was a war between the Human world and the Underworld. But thinking more deeply on it - it now seems obvious that most ordinary people in Dante's world must have forgotten or not known that Sparda was a demon (except for the Order of the Sword and a few others), forgotten about the war, and most probably don't even believe in the existence of demons. I was thinking about how people like Lady or Enzo react in the manga when encountering supernatural things, the fact that Dante has an alias, the idea that Mundus' influence persists on a deserted and supposedly secret island... and that only a few individuals seem privy to 'proper' information about Sparda. Meaning that, in Dante's childhood, how he deals with the fact that he knows demons really do exist but virtually no-one else around does must be quite a burden for him, and would probably get him into a lot of trouble early on. Makes for some interesting episodes of his life, I would think... how he copes with all of that as well as with learning he's a demon?

Another question would be how does he learn it? From doctors and experience with normal humans, like this brain scan picture might suggest, or did Eva or Sparda actually tell him? Or did he discover it himself like Nero? I assume this will be the game that fleshes that part out for us...

VirgilTheart

Lexy;278367 said:
I was wondering earlier "just how much do the everyday people of Dante's world really know about demons?"

Before I always assumed that (while as the player we know that demons exist and can apparently pop up anywhere at any time if they are summoned or awakened) the people knew about them to an extent because Sparda ruled that world, and there was a war between the Human world and the Underworld. But thinking more deeply on it - it now seems obvious that most ordinary people in Dante's world must have forgotten or not known that Sparda was a demon (except for the Order of the Sword and a few others), forgotten about the war, and most probably don't even believe in the existence of demons. I was thinking about how people like Lady or Enzo react in the manga when encountering supernatural things, the fact that Dante has an alias, the idea that Mundus' influence persists on a deserted and supposedly secret island... and that only a few individuals seem privy to 'proper' information about Sparda. Meaning that, in Dante's childhood, how he deals with the fact that he knows demons really do exist but virtually no-one else around does must be quite a burden for him, and would probably get him into a lot of trouble early on. Makes for some interesting episodes of his life, I would think... how he copes with all of that as well as with learning he's a demon?

Another question would be how does he learn it? From doctors and experience with normal humans, like this brain scan picture might suggest, or did Eva or Sparda actually tell him? Or did he discover it himself like Nero?

I imagine Eva implied it to him at a young age and he came to understand it as he grew older. Probably wrong, but that was how I always perceived it going down. :lol:

moseslmpg

That picture isn't good quality. I think a higher res might have yielded a more fruitful analysis.

I thought the veins and the very bright parts were weird, and I also noticed the bump on the top of his head.

I think it is very likely that if Dino isn't crazy, that at least the people who kept him locked up think he's crazy. Hopefully they don't go with the "everything is in his head" story though, because that would be very unsatisfying. Let me just go play Psychonauts or something then.

Edit: Lexy, in the novels and animes, a lot of people seem to know about demons, or at least the possibility of their existence is taken for granted. We will probably see that touched upon in DINO if the sprawling city is any indication of civilians in the game.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, I think they might play it up as something similar to that...If you've played Bayonetta (even though she can pass between two realms) humans can't see the angels, only Bayonetta can.

I'm not too positive on it, but it does like a fantastic idea if they can pull it off...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
moseslmpg;278631 said:
Edit: Lexy, in the novels and animes, a lot of people seem to know about demons, or at least the possibility of their existence is taken for granted. We will probably see that touched upon in DINO if the sprawling city is any indication of civilians in the game.

I don't know about the novels or animes, only the mangas. In the mangas at least, there hardly seems much indication that anyone but Dante, Vergil Arkham and Enzo are aware that they really exist, and Enzo's traumatised when he's attacked by demons, and Lady doesn't know what to make of Alice... but strangely no-one seems to care that Dante carries Rebellion in public. Oh well.

dimashi

mind you ,in the dmc anime. demons are invisible.what would you think you saw a man with a over size sword swating the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom