• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

THE WALKING DEAD FAN THREAD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I have a feeling our midseason finale cliff hanger is going to be Carl getting shot in the eye.

On another note, midseason finales are freaking stupid.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So, in order for you to keep caring about the main characters, they need to kill one off every once in a while? :-/

And plenty of main characters have already been killed off on this show, and there's definitely more deaths to come, so I wouldn't call this show spineless. The only characters I'm not worried about at all are Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. I try not to get attached to the others.

That wouldn't be spineless, it would be faithful to the comics. And a main character is probably going to get killed off when Negan is introduced. Maybe it won't be 'you-know-who' who gets his head bashed in, but it will be someone.
Yes, killing off a huge main means no one is safe, just like Game of Thrones, the Negan & bat thing will prob just be a lower tier main, like Maggie, Morgan or Sasha.

If it is Glenn or Carol or one of the high tier mains that get the bat treatment then faith will be restored, but I can't care about invincible characters, they belong in my video games where I just enjoy watching them wreck sh*t.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I read the comics too, but you never know with the show because of how different it is at times. Like, I have a feeling Morgan is going to survive this thing and live to see Negan possibly being the one to introduce him to Lucille.

How do I talk about my ideas with the spoiler tag covering it?

Spoiler tags are used by putting [spoiler][/spoiler] around text.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No Way Out.

With the Walkers pouring in to Alexandria, the survivors had no choice but to fight and flee. Tensions flared, and hope faded. Eventually the survivors used the blood and guts tactic once again masking their scent and walked away in plain sight amidst walkers.

Somewhere else, Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha came across a group of people who demanded everything in their possession saying it all now belonged to Negan....

negan-817x320.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Considering how good I thought the rest of this season so far was, I also thought it was probably the weakest yet.

I'm just waiting for Negan though and he was finally mentioned. Can't wait until he shows up.

Also, am I like one of the only people here who keeps up with the comics? This fan thread is supposed to be about anything Walking Dead related and I don't want to just go spouting stuff about the comics if I'm alone in this.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love Glenn but him living made zero sense. The zombie's could see him under the trash can? But I guess someone's gotta take care of Maggie's baby. Seriously, when did those two have time to do the booga loo?! "Oh a zombie's following us, time to toss my wife's salad!"

Not sure if jealous or actually baffled...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's Valentine's Day, which of course means The Walking Dead. Thought I'd revive this thread as the show finally comes back from its break tonight.

Will you be watching? More talk will come after the episode.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That was a pretty great episode if I say so myself. Explosive, and intense from beginning to end. Rick lost his new girlfriend, and those kids also bit the dust, but not before Ron gave Carl a parting gift with a shot to the eye. So Carl finally loses his eye in the show!

What did you think about the episode? I thought it definitely made up for the rather lackluster midseason finale.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I like Daryl's new replacement for the crossbow and all up I thought the episode was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing Negan.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Almost forgot to update this thread, but here we go!

So, Daryl and Rick when on a little buddy road trip to scavenge for supplies and the bromance intensifies. On the trip they got to finally meet Paul Monroe aka Jesus. A badass character from the comics. Plus, the Rick x Michoone ship has sailed!

All in all, this episode was pretty chill compared to the last one and even had a nice bit of humor. Jesus had a great introduction. Rick and Michoone hooking up was also a welcome surprise. Funny, I turned to my brother and said "I wonder if Rick and Michoone will-" Only to be cut off by it immediately happening lol.

What you think peeps?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Having not read the comics I had heard bits about Jesus here and there and how much people liked the character. Was a hell of an introduction and he seems like a really interesting character, very crafty and good with his hands too. Look forward to seeing where his introduction takes things.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Another episode, another update.

Jesus introduced the survivors to the Hilltop Colony, and learned of Negan and his Saviors. After an unfortunate confrontation, Maggie convinced Gregory that Rick and co. would take out the Saviors in exchange for some supplies. Probably biting off more than they can chew....

So, what did you think of this episode? Are you excited for Negan's appearance?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Another episode, another update.

Jesus introduced the survivors to the Hilltop Colony, and learned of Negan and his Saviors. After an unfortunate confrontation, Maggie convinced Gregory that Rick and co. would take out the Saviors in exchange for some supplies. Probably biting off more than they can chew....

So, what did you think of this episode? Are you excited for Negan's appearance?

I think it was quite well paced, they got right to business and wasn't half an episode of travelling and talking about travelling. They got right to it and arrived and got details on Negan and his crew all pretty quick and some decent action sequences that didn't feel forced or shoehorned in (except maybe the car crash part) though they all served a purpose. Did find it quite funny in parts and some of Ricks lines and facial expressions when **** hit the fan were great.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The raid on Negan's compound has begun!

After coming up with a sneaky, elaborate plan, the survivors invaded the Savior's compound. Things started out smoothly, but of course crap hit the fan. This lead to a massive firefight for survival with the Saviors. Glenn also killed his very first human being.

In The Walking Dead, things are never that easy. If there was a line, has the group finally crossed it? Will Maggie and Carol pay for it? Will they have something to fear....

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Carol is one brutal motherfugger.

After Maggie and Carol were taken by a small group of Saviors, they found themselves having to fight once again to escape. This lead to a cunning, and brutal escape to get back to the group.

What did you think of the episode? No one's willing to give up Negan, so he's still out there. And we're all waiting to see who he'll introduce to Lucille.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Great episode again and some really interesting character developments. Carol is badass (as we already knew) and she's good at playing the helpless victim before switching badass mode on. Also good to see that she does actually care about how many people she's killed and it is weighing on her mind as she wasn't always this way and must be a burden on her conscience to an extent. Yeah a lot of people deserved to be killed by her but bet she's wondering if they all "needed" to die & getting harder to blur the lines between "heroes" and "villains" in some scenarios.

Top Bottom