• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The unknown figure in the DMC trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

The crazy demon;278839 said:
If you notice the blip is attached or is holding something of the color silver, it could be anything, just stating my opinion =)

I've noticed it and have mentioned it a few times here before. ^_^ I think it's a sword. :)

Vampi

Well, the trailer is about surveillance. Maybe it a camera going after him (i doubt it though).

Everything in that trailer screams surveillance. When Dino puts out the cigarette in the Mannequin's eye you see the camera view shake and blur a lil. Meaning maybe the Mannequin's have a camera attached to their eyes (even though there eyes don't seem open).

Anyway, the silver stuff looks like long white hair then a sword. I don't see any reflective surface or bright glint of it if it was a sword.

blip1.jpg

V

Oldschool DMC fan
VirgilTheart;278801 said:
Issue with it being Dante; this shows up right AFTER Dante goes off screen from the fall. It's someone else. ;)

I just watched it again and I think you're right, Dante jumps horizontally outward from the building and that thing is falling down behind.

I dunno... identical twins dressed identically? >_<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I dunno, Lexy. The figure appears to have a black or blueish tint, and it seems to be wearing a trench coat with a reddish inside layer, to my eye.

If they give Vergil really long silver hair, he'll look like a Sephiroth ripoff. >.>

Vampi

Lexy;278862 said:
I just watched it again and I think you're right, Dante jumps horizontally outward from the building and that thing is falling down behind.

I dunno... identical twins dressed identically? >_<

I don't know. Vergil can still be classy and look like a Cocaine Addict. So i don't think he has to look the part of a homeless druggie. Rather, keep his substance abuse very subtle. Rich people do it all the time.

Storm Silves;278870 said:
I dunno, Lexy. The figure appears to have a black or blueish tint, and it seems to be wearing a trench coat with a reddish inside layer, to my eye.

If they give Vergil really long silver hair, he'll look like a Sephiroth ripoff. >.>

That is, IF he's using a katana in this game.

VirgilTheart

I don't think it's hair, Vampi. :( I think it's a sword personally, but even if it isn't, perhaps its Devil Trigger? :cool:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say it was a sword or long weapon by the consistent angle on either side of the figure.

I do reckon Vergil is going to be in this game in some way. Either in a flashback or verbal reference, or possibly disguised, or maybe even alongside Dante. I can't think of whatever 'familiar elements' NT have said they would include that could exclude him from Dante's childhood or youth, really...

So far they've been saying it's a reboot, but not a reinvention or reimagining.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
just watched it in slowmo(1080p)

without a doubt a pebble/rubble/debris, it's just closer to the screen, easily identifible in slowmo

lol @ the theories

moseslmpg

heatlancer;278943 said:
just watched it in slowmo(1080p)

without a doubt a pebble/rubble/debris, it's just closer to the screen, easily identifible in slowmo

lol @ the theories
It isn't a pebble. First of all, it moves differently than the other debris kicked up by Dino. Secondly, it stays in the image for longer and is very obviously falling downwards rather than away from the building, and is actually further from the screen, not closer. Thirdly, it is too much of a composite entity to be a simple pebble, which wouldn't have those gradations of color and the sword-like object extending beyond its general outline. Fourthly, it is conspicuously much farther away from the building than any other debris.

If you think it is a pebble, give us some proof. Compare it to the other debris kicked up and explain why this one is visibly different.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
if you'd taken my advice in watching it in slo-mo, you'd realise it's debris, it's actually glass from a window right below dino, that gets smashed by the gust/aftershock he creates when kicking off the wall

moseslmpg

1. I have watched the trailer frame by frame and taken several screenshots. Nothing I have seen indicates that it is debris, for the reasons I listed above.

2. Advice isn't evidence. Pics or it didn't happen. Show us just how obvious it is that it is debris. With pictures.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
67828125.png

ok
i guess the "unknown figure" is NOT below his leg here :lol:

i reccomend you rewatching it frame by frame, it's clearer and the image is bigger on your computer(atleast it is on mine)

moseslmpg

Thank you for finally providing some evidence, although I'm not totally convinced. I've seen that frame and it is very blurry. It could easily be argued that the fact that it appears to be in front of his leg is due to the motion blur.

Given the anomalous nature of this "debris," I don't think that is enough to preclude it being some kind of figure. It doesn't look like any other debris which are uniformly black or white and it moves differently, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom