• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The unknown figure in the DMC trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I watched this trailer soooo much time but never noticed this thing in the sky...guess i was too shocked to see the kid is smoking that i missed it...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;277099 said:
It isn't really pareidolia. We don't see Vergil in the figure, we just hope it is him.

And the reason it is so "subtle" is that it was just part of the cutscene. Dino was obviously being chased, which is why he jumped off the building, and the figure simply was in a few frames before they switched angles.

Was he being chased in DMC2 when he did it? or in DMC3 when he did it? Or was he just being Dante? Obviously is a strong word.
I meant in assuming it is even a person. Going by how little we know about this game and how indistinguishable that objest is it could be anything at all. Unwanted spoilers (especially at this stage) can be shopped out of cutscenes easily and entire settings can be changed to avoid showing more than they want us to see example: early MGS4 trailers.

Even if it was Vergil he would be "Vino" to most who actually wanted it to be him so I would be more nervous than exited about the possibility of Vergil even being in this.

moseslmpg

Darth Angelo;277939 said:
Was he being chased in DMC2 when he did it? or in DMC3 when he did it? Or was he just being Dante? Obviously is a strong word.
And it is word that is warranted here. Comparison to past games is irrelevant. From the context of the scene, it is apparent that he is being chased or at least engaging some other agent. The reason I say this is because he pauses, puts his guns away, gestures and smirks, and then jumps off the building. It doesn't look like he is simply doing that for the camera.
I meant in assuming it is even a person. Going by how little we know about this game and how indistinguishable that objest is it could be anything at all. Unwanted spoilers (especially at this stage) can be shopped out of cutscenes easily and entire settings can be changed to avoid showing more than they want us to see example: early MGS4 trailers.
It could be anything, but the best explanation is that it is a person or some agent, as opposed to some debris. It moves differently than the debris and grows larger as if falling. I can't imagine what else it could be, because it looks too conspicuous to just be a visual artifact.
Even if it was Vergil he would be "Vino" to most who actually wanted it to be him so I would be more nervous than exited about the possibility of Vergil even being in this.
I like Vino. Sounds sophisticated.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I only just realised! This has all been one big trick to bring Vergil back without having to explain it because they are starting again.

Hopefully im wrong, hopefully this will not be just an excuse to make a DMC3 clone.

VirgilTheart

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed the silver line/object that resembles a sword that's on the right side of the blur (our left side)? *sigh* :(

That said, I'm pretty sure Vergil will be in DmC. He's too popular a character to not be featured, and with this being a younger Dante (though whether or not it's a reboot or a prequel is strange), Vergil would be probably be even more likely to show up in the game. :lol:

Just my two cents. ^_^

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
VirgilTheart;278019 said:
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed the silver line/object that resembles a sword that's on the right side of the blur (our left side)? *sigh* :(

That said, I'm pretty sure Vergil will be in DmC. He's too popular a character to not be featured, and with this being a younger Dante (though whether or not it's a reboot or a prequel is strange), Vergil would be probably be even more likely to show up in the game. :lol:

Just my two cents. ^_^
I agree with ya! :D
it's the best chance to bring Vergil again! because he isn't dead! and we should know about when exacly and how they met each other before 3! :)

moseslmpg

VirgilTheart;278019 said:
Of course you weren't. That is another thing that discredits the idea that it is just debris or an image artifact. It looks too distinct. It might not be Vergil, but it is someone.

Vampi

Lili Rochefort;278020 said:
the funny thing is that... Vergil is flying!!! lol

He's not flying, he's falling after Dino.

VirgilTheart: It looks more like long white hair to me. The silver is on both sides of the object.

Chrysander

Is there a better screen shot or anything? I've looked several times and I just can't see anything at all, I'd like to see what you guys are seeing, if anyone has a shot

VirgilTheart

Vampi;278129 said:
VirgilTheart: It looks more like long white hair to me. The silver is on both sides of the object.

No it isn't (or at least not in the image I'm looking at). o_O It's a distinctively different object than the blur and based on its shape, it looks like a sword. I only see it on one side. ^_^

Vampi

Chrysander;278142 said:
Is there a better screen shot or anything? I've looked several times and I just can't see anything at all, I'd like to see what you guys are seeing, if anyone has a shot

blip1.jpg

I can't do it any clearer. I doubt anyone else can.

And the small thing we're looking at is when Dino jumps off the roof. There's a tiny blip that looks like its falling down going after him (and its not the rubble when Dino jumps off the brick wall).

blip3.jpg

Osaka

trollololol
I seem to only be able to make that shape out as some kinda aircraft maybe? Probably is nothing to get excited about.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It looks like "Dante" to me, who has simply leaped back upwards away from camera during the fall. The colours of the object mirror those of Dante's clothes with the red collar/hood thing and the darker grey or black coat, the red part being smaller like a hood is than the darker parts.

VirgilTheart

Lexy;278788 said:
It looks like "Dante" to me, who has simply leaped back upwards away from camera during the fall. The colours of the object mirror those of Dante's clothes with the red collar/hood thing and the darker grey or black coat, the red part being smaller like a hood is than the darker parts.

Issue with it being Dante; this shows up right AFTER Dante goes off screen from the fall. It's someone else. ;)

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
VirgilTheart;278801 said:
Issue with it being Dante; this shows up right AFTER Dante goes off screen from the fall. It's someone else. ;)

Exactly, definitely not DINO.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
If you notice the blip is attached or is holding something of the color silver, it could be anything, just stating my opinion =)

aka958

Don't trust people
VirgilTheart;277056 said:
Omigosh! Look it has something long and silver; a sword, perhaps! :D I think it COULD be Vergil. :)

Or maybe it is Sephiroth! O_O
XD

It looks like... a bird who is falling from the sky because it died from Dante's smell. He has probably not showered for several months. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom