• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
i could've used any fanfiction, get over yourself
You could have, but you chose THAT one. That says a lot already. FYI, a lot of real professional writers write fanfiction as a pastime/entertainment. But I guess you wouldn't know that because it's obvious you don't know any actual, professional writers. Tsk tsk.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
They fail as parents because they're just lazy to sit down and tell their children errors of their ways bad parenting always leads to morally corrupt children
I don't condone beating children, but I'm all for spanking. If you tell your 5 year old to wait on the sidewalk, stay out of the road, and they decide on a whim to run into the road when there's traffic abound, are you REALLY going to have the mind to grab them, pull them aside and say 'sweetie, I just told you to stay out of the road, you could get hurt'.
This is the ideal approach, but not a very practical approach.
My thoughts on this: aside from the adrenaline rush that comes out of nowhere at the slump of the day, your first reaction is to save your kid, your next is to bring it home to them real quick that they made the wrong choice. I'd grab my kid, give him a smack on the hand, and when the pain registers on his face I'll go 'what the hell did I say?!'
Guaranteed my kid is not going to be running into the road again, ya?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
They fail as parents because they're just lazy to sit down and tell their children errors of their ways bad parenting always leads to morally corrupt children

Hey Now, not all of them fail as parents. Some of them were brought up in a way that teaches them that capital punishment. They've been socialized into it, but does that maje them bad parents? No. But does that make it acceptable? No.

What it makes them is ignorant to the grave effects of using violence as a punishment against children.

My father used to use vast amounts of capital punishment on me as a child, and it wasn't until he started going back to school that he learned just how cruel and harmful it really is. It wasn't until I started my 1st year in Highschool that he finally broke down. He promised to never do anything again like he had done in the past, and that he was incredibly sorry.

A parent who can admit their mistakes, see their cruelty of the past, and ask for forgiveness... is truely a good parent.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I don't condone beating children, but I'm all for spanking. If you tell your 5 year old to wait on the sidewalk, stay out of the road, and they decide on a whim to run into the road when there's traffic abound, are you REALLY going to have the mind to grab them, pull them aside and say 'sweetie, I just told you to stay out of the road, you could get hurt'.
My thoughts on this: aside from the adrenaline rush that comes out of nowhere at the slump of the day, your first reaction is to save your kid, your next is to bring it home to them real quick that they made the wrong choice. I'd grab my kid, give him a smack on the hand, and when the pain registers on his face I'll go 'what the hell did I say?!'
You are doing nothing wrong by using that form of punishment. Its the people who feel th e need to grab a tree branch or belt and go to town on their kids... are the ones who are in the wrong.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Well if you teach your kids to Behave themselves in public like my mother did there would be no need to spank them as a kid i never gave my mother any trouble i guess kids these days don't have manners eh ?

but yeah at times when kids acts sooo stupid you're gonna end up slapping him/her that's practical and alright and i know its very embarrassing when you do that in public

I was referring to the parents who just beat the bloody bazillion out of their kids for silly things not to normal parents who punish their children for their good

i've seen parents who just lock their kids in cupboards for hours just because they didn't finish their breakfast or failed to carry a petty errand now that's just too harsh don't you think ?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
What ****es me off:

The KKK.

'Go back to where ya'll came from!'

I had a man say this to my face, even after I told him that I was 100% N.A.

WTF?
lokifacepalm_zps77f7a5f9.gif

Some people. Damn KKK.:mad:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hey Now, not all of them fail as parents. Some of them were brought up in a way that teaches them that capital punishment. They've been socialized into it, but does that maje them bad parents? No. But does that make it acceptable? No
Yeah good point but see not every parent is the same people just need to learn how to raise a baby properly and invest more time teaching manners spanking kids is just shortcuts IMO you know you're doing something wrong when your kids disobey you more than once
What it makes them is ignorant to the grave effects of using violence as a punishment against children
Physical punishment must have some purpose or else its just crude behavior to children plain and simple
My father used to use vast amounts of capital punishment on me as a child, and it wasn't until he started going back to school that he learned just how cruel and harmful it really is. He promised to never do anything again like he had done in the past, and that he was incredibly sorry
your father isn't a bad person at all unlike others i know... but that's a long story in short yes if parents care enough about their children to understand the errors of their ways they're good parents
A parent who can admit their mistakes, see their cruelty of the past, and ask for forgiveness... is truly a good parent

I have to say its not common people don't usually change but i'm glad for you&your father not everyone gets the same change of character

Onecrazymonkey1

People who get all nitpicky on the gender of child that they want to have, for stupid reasons.

"I wan't a bow because I want to play video-games with him and play baseball with him."

Who says you can't do those things with a girl?

Yes!!! this so much! My newly married cousin said he wanted a boy and wouldn't stop having children until he had a son because he wouldn't be able to bond as much with a daughter :/.....he also said he wanted a son to teach soccer.... because some how he couldn't teach a girl? ugh cuz I hate to break it to ya but it's 2013 and you can bond with a daughter just as much. Just wishing for a healthy baby isn't good enough I suppose.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I know I'm being dreadfully annoying here, but just wanted to make it clear we're talking about CORPORAL punishment and not CAPITAL punishment. Because the latter is kind of permanent...:troll:

Also, I don't like kids. So anything I would have to say on the matter is horribly biased :p

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So you don't want people to ask questions or comment on your situation, you ignore all texts and emails asking how things are going since you left him yet you keep posting little snippets of "woe is me" on Facebook of all places?

Attention-seeking much?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
A REAL RANT BY ME.

Alright, I've had enough of this place..
This rant is about the community, or fan base of Devil May Cry in general, both DmC/DMC. I'll be straight up, I have no idea how to start one of these.
I've been lurking here for a while now, before I joined up..like maybe a couple of months before my sign up date. You guys made me put my chilli dog down and sign up, I'm not even joking. The reason why I signed up is..well because this place seemed like it would be a great place. Boy, was I wrong. When I joined it was like Afghanistan, I apologize for any soldiers or people who are there no offense, people were fighting and it was just terrible...so I tried to make some light in here with my gifs or whatever.
Illnokiauoutkid_8d348c_4476377_zps06c35482.gif

Now, the problem is, there are people on both sides who give the fan base as a whole, a really...really bad name. Now, I can see a beautiful future for this community, I really can. But, not now...not for a while. People here, either don't know how to respect opinions, or keep quiet about their own. If someone likes what you don't like, that's fine..if they don't like what you like? That's fine, too. But the bad part is shoving what you like/dislike down peoples throats. If you come in with logic, be my guest, go ahead and logic away! But, please..don't try to force it upon those and try to change them..forums are about debates and discussion, not arguments.
We can debate, and discuss about faults of both series or what you like and not..but arguing about it is..insulting to those who just want to play a video game and share what they like or don't like.
The difference is, debating something is doing it in a civil manner..arguing is yelling, insulting or trying to **** each other off.
The people who have it the worst though, are the staff and people like me who just sit along the sidelines providing light.
Does it not concern you, who give the community a bad name, that Staff are people too? Do you think it's fun getting online to see people arguing after one sentence or post was made and having to lock it? No..it's not.
We can get along, we all can..the first step to solving a problem is acknowledging there is one.
This post probably won't change peoples thoughts, but it was worth a try..
Do I regret joining? No. Hell no. I met a lot of great people here, people who have become my best friends in a matter of months, people like Terrutas, Multibro, Loopy, Sugarmoon, Marionette Cherry, I could go on but I won't.
If you guys could give these wonderful people of both sides a chance..then maybe they can become your best friend, too.
I have a lot of faults, as well..I'm trying to change, but I won't do so without atleast making one person smile on here through all the hate.
Have a good day, or night depending on where you are.
Sincerely, Winter.
"You are you, everyone has their own damage. Be the better person."
a>
donniedarko.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Sometimes I really don't like going out with friends. Somehow I always get bothered. Goes like this:

Cheesy pickup line, no, I don't want you to buy me a drink I can buy my own, no I don't want to talk to you, please stop bothering me it's creepy, I'm happily taken, no I'm not interested in cheating.

I don't understand why some guys think they can behave like that, especially when I look a lot younger than I am. It's just plain creepy and scary at times when they get up close. I don't like that.

Then they get angry at me for rejecting them like they're god's gift to women. How can they be angry when I'm doing the right thing in being honest about being taken?

Top Bottom