• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Ranting at myself* Don't think, just do. Stop worrying so much; letting the fear paralyze you won't get you anywhere. "Too many mind"--remember that line? Hold onto it, because it's true. Focus on what you've got to do, what you need to do, and once you've accomplished that, then you can worry about the rest. C'mon, you've got this. It's going to take a lot of work, time, and frustration--but you knew this from the start! Nothing worth doing comes easily, you've said this yourself--so why? Why are you letting the fear take hold? Stop being a pansy, and get your ass in gear--you only fail when you stop trying.

(As if I'm giving myself a pep talk filled with clichés and platitudes...lol). :rolleyes:

Exejpgwmv

The bulk of your income comes from making profit off of fear, paranoia, and ignorance.
You claim to be christian, yet you continue to constantly lie.
You edit what people say to make it seem like they are bad people, when in fact they were just answering in a sensible way.
You quote-mine the very holy book you proclaim to follow word for word.
You talk about subjects, seemingly without doing any research, you know nothing about.
You choose to play word games when you don't have a valid argument.
Your teachings promote intolerance and homophobia.

Now, despite being an atheist, I think I speak for every sane and decent christian when I say this; You are no christian, you sir are a f*cktard.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The bulk of your income comes from making profit off of fear, paranoia, and ignorance.
You claim to be christian, yet you continue to constantly lie.
You edit what people say to make it seem like they are bad people, when in fact they were just answering in a sensible way.
You quote-mine the very holy book you proclaim to follow word for word.
You talk about subjects, seemingly without doing any research, you know nothing about.
You choose to play word games when you don't have a valid argument.
Your teachings promote intolerance and homophobia.

Now, despite being an atheist, I think I speak for every sane and decent christian when I say this; You are no christian, you sir are a f*cktard.
Ugh, people like that make me sick. Those TV pastors who are only doing it for the money. Some of those people have net worth of millions because they trick people into handing over theirs in return for eternal salvation. They've made religion into a business with TV deals and radio shows. It's like they don't care about usuing religion to do good. The only god they worship is money.

The worst of it is that it always seems to be the poorest people who buy into this rubbish and make themselves even poorer by giving their money to thes frauds.
On the other hand, there are people with money who are part of a relgion to make a profit or to have some kind of power and influence. That's how it goes.

Religion shouldn't have a price and pastors should not be offering places in heaven in exchange for cash. That's despicable. Have they forgotten the part where Jesus went into the temple and got angry because people were using places of worship as a business for profit. :facepalm:

Viper

Premium
Please don't promote obesity. Don't promote starving look either, but obesity ain't healthy just because you feel good now. I was obese, it wasn't life, it was not knowing whether I'll reach sixth floor alive.
On that note, isn't feminism in it's core proving to men that women can be so much more than pretty faces? Why do so many of you put so much emphasis on outside appearance? C'mon, shoo, do something else besides looking at yourself in the mirror.

Exejpgwmv

Ugh, people like that make me sick. Those TV pastors who are only doing it for the money. Some of those people have net worth of millions because they trick people into handing over theirs in return for eternal salvation. They've made religion into a business with TV deals and radio shows. It's like they don't care about usuing religion to do good. The only god they worship is money.

The worst of it is that it always seems to be the poorest people who buy into this rubbish and make themselves even poorer by giving their money to thes frauds.
On the other hand, there are people with money who are part of a relgion to make a profit or to have some kind of power and influence. That's how it goes.

Religion shouldn't have a price and pastors should not be offering places in heaven in exchange for cash. That's despicable. Have they forgotten the part where Jesus went into the temple and got angry because people were using places of worship as a business for profit. :facepalm:
Also, If you're trying to figure who specifically I was talking about, here's a hint as to who he is: He once claimed that gravity doesn't exist.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Please don't promote obesity. Don't promote starving look either, but obesity ain't healthy just because you feel good now. I was obese, it wasn't life, it was not knowing whether I'll reach sixth floor alive.
On that note, isn't feminism in it's core proving to men that women can be so much more than pretty faces? Why do so many of you put so much emphasis on outside appearance? C'mon, shoo, do something else besides looking at yourself in the mirror.
Agreed. Don't be so big that it creates heart problems or diabetes, but also don't starve and have the risk of heart stopping or malnutrition. Neither is good.

That's the problem with society today. It's not just women now who are made to take notice of their appearance. I've seen adverts targeting men saying grey hair is bad, use this skin cream to look young, or wear this perfume and hot ladies will like you. It's creating a lot of people who feel that they will never be this ideal image shown in adverts and magazines.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
it really grinds my gears when people use the expression "suicide is not the answer". says who? life isn't some uniform equation that everybody is structured after. sometimes the answer for a person is suicide. it's depressing, yes, but who am i to tell someone that they can't do that? this ain't the matrix mother ****er. i'm not the architect. i can't give you all the answers in the world. you're supposed to find your own destiny. and if thats what you find, then go for it, if you know thats what you want

Exejpgwmv

it really grinds my gears when people use the expression "suicide is not the answer". says who? life isn't some uniform equation that everybody is structured after. sometimes the answer for a person is suicide. it's depressing, yes, but who am i to tell someone that they can't do that? this ain't the matrix mother ****er. i'm not the architect. i can't give you all the answers in the world. you're supposed to find your own destiny. and if thats what you find, then go for it, if you know thats what you want
Technically suicide can be the answer to any problem. But I have yet to find a situation where it was the only solution to a problem.

Viper

Premium
Women are their own worst enemies. Venezuela has a shortage of silicone implants... and what happens? Women more and more resort to using alternative of questionable quality from Chinese market. Doesn't matter that risk of dying from poisonous substances is big, as long as their boobs are big as well. Apparently, even women from the slums, women who can barely make a living, put implants, that's how serious this issue is.
Other parts of the world ain't better either. The other day some transgender woman bragged how she got butt implants before Niki Minaj made it popular. She got it in one of those cheap clinics, says she knows a lot of people who died after the procedure... but she still went through with it.
If you want a big butt, try more food in combination with exercises focused on that area. It's certainly less likely to kill you.
Role models? You're the worst kind of role models a girl could wish for.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
yeah. i totally agree. but when people say it's "never an option" i get a bit irked
For the life of me I can't fathom wtf is wrong with you for condoning suicide.
Judging suicide is bad enough, but to say 'it's your choice, go for it'. WHAT?!
You....I'm so.... how is that HELPING?
People who contemplate suicide need HELP. They're in a bad place and they can't get out of it ALONE.
NO, suicide is not the answer but for many it feels like it's their only WAY out of the hell they are in.
It's not a choice, and it's not a fffin destiny, it's an outcry.
Nobody in their right mind wants to die.
Reread that sentence until understanding sinks in.
You must be one of those idiots on the net who like to tell people to shoot themselves. You've obviously got the mind of one of them,
God forbid someone struggling reads your posts and goes through with it because of your ignorant opinion.
I mean really. People like you **** me off to the high heavens.
Now go edit or remove your posts because NOBODY on this forum encourages suicide. EVER.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
For the life of me I can't fathom wtf is wrong with you for condoning suicide.
Judging suicide is bad enough, but to say 'it's your choice, go for it'. WHAT?!
You....I'm so.... how is that HELPING?
People who contemplate suicide need HELP. They're in a bad place and they can't get out of it ALONE.
NO, suicide is not the answer but for many it feels like it's their only WAY out of the hell they are in.
It's not a choice, and it's not a fffin destiny, it's an outcry.
Nobody in their right mind wants to die.
Reread that sentence until understanding sinks in.
You must be one of those idiots on the net who like to tell people to shoot themselves. You've obviously got the mind of one of them,
God forbid someone struggling reads your posts and goes through with it because of your ignorant opinion.
I mean really. People like you **** me off to the high heavens.
Now go edit or remove your posts because NOBODY on this forum encourages suicide. EVER.

I agree with you. Suicide doesn't make problems go away, it just makes the person dead and transfers all the pain and guilt onto their loved ones. Everyone has moments where they wishes they were dead or didn't exist so they don't have to deal with all the bad stuff in their life. But the bad stuff is fleeting, it will go away eventually.

My mother was, quite seriously, considering drowning herself in the shower only a few days after my birthday this year and it was only because she told us that she wanted to be admitted to a hospital that she didn't do it. She was stressed, angry, and tormenting herself over all the things her ex had done to her, but she's moved past it. Is she still depressed? She says no, but I can see that she is at times. But that doesn't mean she's not happy and living as well as she can. I'll be honest, I was...very, very angry with her when she finally said she was considering it (she'd always told me she never had) and I also thought it had to be my fault. Like I was a bad daughter or something like that. But, the thing is, I think that if I'd voiced my anger at the time ("Why would you lie to me about something lie this? I thought you cared more than that! Why would you do something so selfish?") she would have tried as soon as she left therapy. You can't just approach someone suicidal and not think about how your actions will impact them. They need to know that they're loved and cared for and supported. Telling a suicidal person to "go for it" is the same as killing them yourself.

Tbh, though, there is one situation in which I think suicide is completely understandable: if you have a medical condition and you're in agony and the doctor's can do nothing for you. Which is why I don't understand why doctor assisted suicide is illegal. If someone can't even eat or go to the bathroom by themselves, let them decide if they want to die or keep fighting. Give them at least some diginity.

---
Edit:
Extra rant:
So, I splurged on some boots for my cosplay, thinking I'll be able to wear them with other cosplays and in everyday life. They finally got here and...can someone please tell me how a size 10 (in men's boots) can fit like a size 8 (in women's)?! >_< I mean, what the hell?

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Soooo, according to my mom, Lucifer is giving me nightmares.
Yep, the devil himself is trying to scare me because(According to her) I don't believe in god.
Once again, not trying to pick a fight here, but I've been through some scary experiences in my own life.

You can say that I was hallucinating (they happened while I was awake) but those were just too damn real to ignore.

[Some Silent Hill sort of visions... I don't want to get into it -- it only happened twice and that was 3 years ago.]

Am I telling you to convert? Absolutely not. I'm a neo deist, not a theist.

I don't follow any of the rules other than praying to whatever "force that binds" (The Architect/Director/Whatever) that I don't get ambushed by some random piano falling from the sky (Final Destination stuff) -- or see any more visions.

Just... don't ignore the "demons" (Death and visions, I guess?), either. They can screw you over really bad.

No, I'm not crazy.

Not yet, anyway.

Technically suicide can be the answer to any problem. But I have yet to find a situation where it was the only solution to a problem.
Well... I've seen a couple where it was. Once again, I would rather not get into it.

IF REMEMBER ME DOESN'T GET A SEQUEL, I'M GONNA be very upset.
Me too, buddy... me too.

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Once again, not trying to pick a fight here, but I've been through some scary experiences in my own life.

You can say that I was hallucinating (they happened while I was awake) but those were just too damn real to ignore.

[Some Silent Hill sort of visions... I don't want to get into it -- it only happened twice and that was 3 years ago.]

Am I telling you to convert? Absolutely not. I'm a neo deist, not a theist.

I don't follow any of the rules other than praying to whatever "force that binds" (The Architect/Director/Whatever) that I don't get ambushed by some random piano falling from the sky (Final Destination stuff) -- or see any more visions.

Just... don't ignore the "demons" (Death and visions, I guess?), either. They can screw you over really bad.

No, I'm not crazy.

Not yet, anyway.

Well... I've seen a couple where it was. Once again, I would rather not get into it.

Me too, buddy... me too.
It's too late to have a conversation with you right now, so I'll detail what happened and get back to you tomorrow:

I woke up, still very groggy, and was facing my computer screen. The screen of the laptop had gone black because the thing powers down when it's inactive for a while, and there on the screen was a digital/static face staring at me.

Now when I say "digital/static" I mean that it looked like the face was made out of a mix of black and unmoving, static and pixels. The faces had no features(No hair, ears, nose, eyelids, lips, eyebrows etc) except for a mouth, two eye sockets, and sunken in cheek bones.

It's mouth and eye sockets were black pits, it's mouth agape. I reacted faster than I thought I would, much to my surprise considering how groggy I had felt.

I slammed the laptop closed, dashed across the room and turned on the lights. Checked if there was anything in my room, opened my laptop and didn't see a face, booted up the laptop to see if there was anything strange running on it and found nothing, surveyed the rest of the house, and upon finding nothing I came to the conclusion I had suffered from a form of narcolepsy(This wouldn't have been a first, last time I woke up paralyzed), and went back to sleep.

Top Bottom