• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The perfect way to open DMC5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

If DMC5 were to take place AFTER DMC2, then I have the perfect way they can start it off.

I don't know if this has ever been thought of before but a great "Twist" came to my mind today regarding the end of DMC2 with Dante riding off into hell and Lucia in Dante's place flipping his two headed coin and then hearing his motorcycle pull up outside.

For all you Dante lovers out there you might not like this idea. For all you Nero lovers out there, you may LOVE this idea.

I just want to clarify that I did not base this idea off of who I favor. I'm just doing it for story purposes.

The idea goes like this....

DMC5 opens up with Lucia flipping Dante's coin and thinking about him, saying a bit of dialogue here and there. She then here's Dante's motorcycle pull up outside. She does the exact same running outside routine she did in DMC2 except this time we cut outside to actually see who is out there.

We cut outside and Lucia stops.

Lucia: Who are you?

We then see Nero standing there with his sword, Red Queen, using the fuel injection system to rev it up making the same VROOM! VROOM! sound Dante's motorcycle makes.

Nero: Hello there, the name's Nero. You are?

Lucia: I'm Lucia.

Nero: Oh, well that's a pretty name. You Dante's girl? I didn't know he could get women.

Lucia: No I....

Nero: It was a joke. Where is the old guy anyway?

Nero walks past Lucia and into Dante's office.

Lucia: So he didn't come back....

I'm gonna end the scene there, but I just wanted you to get the gist of what I was trying to imply. That it was Nero's sword making the Vroom! Vroom! sound and not Dante's motorcycle like we had previously thought. I think it would be a great opening twist to the game.

I'm thinking of writing a complete story for the rest of the DMC series and trying to pitch it to developers if I can because I have a great story building in my head regarding a lot of things in the DMC world and ties everything together.

If it's not accepted I might just post it all on here, but because of fear of plagirism I won't be posting anything I've thought of anytime soon. But if I do, I gaurantee lots of twists and turns.

And no, Nero is not Vergil's son in my story, sorry.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Paradox;260689 said:
If DMC5 were to take place AFTER DMC2, then I have the perfect way they can start it off.

I don't know if this has ever been thought of before but a great "Twist" came to my mind today regarding the end of DMC2 with Dante riding off into hell and Lucia in Dante's place flipping his two headed coin and then hearing his motorcycle pull up outside.

For all you Dante lovers out there you might not like this idea. For all you Nero lovers out there, you may LOVE this idea.

I just want to clarify that I did not base this idea off of who I favor. I'm just doing it for story purposes.

The idea goes like this....

DMC5 opens up with Lucia flipping Dante's coin and thinking about him, saying a bit of dialogue here and there. She then here's Dante's motorcycle pull up outside. She does the exact same running outside routine she did in DMC2 except this time we cut outside to actually see who is out there.

We cut outside and Lucia stops.

Lucia: Who are you?

We then see Nero standing there with his sword, Red Queen, using the fuel injection system to rev it up making the same VROOM! VROOM! sound Dante's motorcycle makes.

Nero: Hello there, the name's Nero. You are?

Lucia: I'm Lucia.

Nero: Oh, well that's a pretty name. You Dante's girl? I didn't know he could get women.

Lucia: No I....

Nero: It was a joke. Where is the old guy anyway?

Nero walks past Lucia and into Dante's office.

Lucia: So he didn't come back....

I'm gonna end the scene there, but I just wanted you to get the gist of what I was trying to imply. That it was Nero's sword making the Vroom! Vroom! sound and not Dante's motorcycle like we had previously thought. I think it would be a great opening twist to the game.

I'm thinking of writing a complete story for the rest of the DMC series and trying to pitch it to developers if I can because I have a great story building in my head regarding a lot of things in the DMC world and ties everything together.

If it's not accepted I might just post it all on here, but because of fear of plagirism I won't be posting anything I've thought of anytime soon. But if I do, I gaurantee lots of twists and turns.

And no, Nero is not Vergil's son in my story, sorry.

FINALLY someone who gets my ideals! Thank you!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer101;261061 said:
that is an awesome opening my friend...but Nero shouldnt call dante an old guy...

Dante is around 40 in DMC2. That's fairly old compared to Nero, who would be in his late twenties at that time.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;261064 said:
Dante is around 40 in DMC2. That's fairly old compared to Nero, who would be in his late twenties at that time.

In which case Nero ought to be mature enough and know Dante well enough not to refer to him as an old man. Dante and Vergil never referred to Sparda as an old guy, because he was a veteran and they both knew it. Dante is a veteran compared to Nero, so there should be some level of respect from Nero in regards to that fact.

As for the beginning part - very intriguing. I can't say much about Lucia because I've never played DMC2, and I don't take other people's opinions as my own (aside from it being a sucky game, you can tell from the cut scenes alone there's just not enough Dante) but I don't think she's a contributing character to the franchise.
Anyway, I never really thought about DMC2 following DMC4 - it still leaves too many loopholes that need to be explained. How did hyper DMC4 Dante become emo-DMC2 Dante? If they just make the next game after DMC2, it still leaves a LOT of questions unanswered.

Paradox

Chloe_Ryder;261107 said:
In which case Nero ought to be mature enough and know Dante well enough not to refer to him as an old man. Dante and Vergil never referred to Sparda as an old guy, because he was a veteran and they both knew it. Dante is a veteran compared to Nero, so there should be some level of respect from Nero in regards to that fact.

As for the beginning part - very intriguing. I can't say much about Lucia because I've never played DMC2, and I don't take other people's opinions as my own (aside from it being a sucky game, you can tell from the cut scenes alone there's just not enough Dante) but I don't think she's a contributing character to the franchise.
Anyway, I never really thought about DMC2 following DMC4 - it still leaves too many loopholes that need to be explained. How did hyper DMC4 Dante become emo-DMC2 Dante? If they just make the next game after DMC2, it still leaves a LOT of questions unanswered.

Actually the point of Nero calling Dante an old man is that he DOES know him well enough. I didn't mean for that comment to come off as disrespectful, it was meant to be more of joke type of thing.

People call my dad old man and vice versa all the time when they see each other because they're good pals. So I just kind of figured Nero was saying it as if they were good pals and not trying to disrespect him in anyway.

Same with the "I didn't know he could get women" joke. He didn't mean anything by it.

neubula 2010

Wait a sec. isn't Dante immortal?? Anyway, nice beginning, but personally, I wouldn't want DMC5 to start off from DMC2 because DMC2 takes off waaay in the future and Lady would be dead, and Dante will eventually become more mature (no more Dante the joker) and I'm not entirely sure that Nero will be alive. We're not sure if he ages yet. But very good beginning! I wouldn't even have came up with something like that!

Kalewi

CompleteGlobalSaturation
I liked the idea of Nero coming in beginning instead of Dante. Maybe Nero started to think about his origin and wanted to ask Dante about it. When he hears that Dante got locked up in hell he uses Yamato to open true gates of hell and goes for a rescue. Finally he finds Dante who has been killing thousands of demons for fun. Then they together defeat Mundus and escape.

Vampi

First of all no one knows when exactly in the timeline DMC 2 takes place. So Lady might be alive but a lil more older. And 2nd if she were she would most likely be the one riding that motorcycle instead of Nero.

I think everyone is just grasping for straws. DMC 2 is a big mystery in the timeline. We don't know if Lady, Nero or even Trish is still alive and how old Dante will be. Ya never know, it might be a new character on that motorcycle that hasn't been conceptualized yet.

moseslmpg

Why exactly would it be Nero rather than Trish or Lady? The motorcycle revving fits fine, but what is the purpose of him being there as opposed to someone else?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;266191 said:
Why exactly would it be Nero rather than Trish or Lady? The motorcycle revving fits fine, but what is the purpose of him being there as opposed to someone else?

The reason is in DMC4, Nero had zilch revealed about himself. That's why if it's Nero at the end of DMC2, we can learn more about him during DMC5.

Paradox

moseslmpg;266191 said:

I think you're referring to my first post?

Well, the point is that it was never a motorcycle outside the building in the first place. It was Nero with Red Queen. So it wouldn't make sense for it to be Trish or Lady unless there was a motorcycle there.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
@Neubula: We are sure that he ages -.- duhhh why would he look older in dmc4 if he didn't :p

@Kalewi: only problem with that "escaping from hell jazz" is that once you enter hell YOU DO NOT LEAVE. Even the freaking developers say that about hell in the dmc universe. <.<;

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;266748 said:
@Neubula: We are sure that he ages -.- duhhh why would he look older in dmc4 if he didn't :p

@Kalewi: only problem with that "escaping from hell jazz" is that once you enter hell YOU DO NOT LEAVE. Even the freaking developers say that about hell in the dmc universe. <.<;

then how come Dante entered hell and left it in both dmc1 and dmc3.

Eien

Shotgun
I like it. I'm not a huge Nero lover but I like the twist of that being him outside with RQ. The jokes were very Nero like as well.

Lucia explaining and them going after him or dealing with some threat without him would make a decent story. If they are on their own though it needs to have him kicking ass on the other side helping them out from hell.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Eien;267284 said:
I like it. I'm not a huge Nero lover but I like the twist of that being him outside with RQ. The jokes were very Nero like as well.

Lucia explaining and them going after him or dealing with some threat without him would make a decent story. If they are on their own though it needs to have him kicking ass on the other side helping them out from hell.

I think it could work with four disks.

Disk 1: Nero's story.

Disk 2: Lucia's story.

Disk 3: Dante's story.

Disk 4: Bonus material.

Whaddya think? Of course, they'd never put that much effort into it. At least, it doesn't seem like it. I have little faith in Capcom as it is.

Eien

Shotgun
Separate story discs, I could get behind that. They could even integrate them with how well you do on disc 1 directly effect how hard disc 2's events are.

For example if you seriously eff up Nero's task to hold off a demonic portal opening and more get through than usual, then Lucia has to fight off more demons. If you do that well then Dante has an easier time beating the snot out of a demonic overlord who has used too much of his energy creating more troops so he is easier to take down.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Eien;267286 said:
Separate story discs, I could get behind that. They could even integrate them with how well you do on disc 1 directly effect how hard disc 2's events are.

For example if you seriously eff up Nero's task to hold off a demonic portal opening and more get through than usual, then Lucia has to fight off more demons. If you do that well then Dante has an easier time beating the snot out of a demonic overlord who has used too much of his energy creating more troops so he is easier to take down.

They had separate discs for DMC2, so why not do it here, right?

And that sounds cool, but in retrospect, it would be rather difficult to do everything "right" then. But I like a challenge. ;) Not a tedious challenge like Dante Must Die, but a good enough challenge that I feel that I'm accomplishing something when I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom