• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The mysterious hooded girl, continued...

ZeroLove

I smell a cheap GOW rip-off :-

830px-Pandora.png

Yes, because God of War were the first to have female ghostlike characters. No game has ever done that before. It is completely original! And I am so being sarcastic right now!!! ;P

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I agree with Zwei on the ghost thing. But honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they had stolen the ghost idea from GOW. Heavenly sword and GOW is like Bayonetta and DMC. And the reason is probably because they have same ideas. And the fact Kratos armor and weapons are easter eggs in Heavenly sword agrees on that.

But look at this:
3:50 - 5:08
The above video shows "Secret" rip off from GOD of war. (Couldn't find original video that illustrated God of War rip offs).

The first chain scene in video you see seems like a COMPLETE rip off. The rest of the suggested rip offs seems less likely such as chain grapping enemies in DmC because in Legend of Zelda there was that, and also in DMC Nero had that.

But considering that Ninja theory seems to love to take ideas from God of War then almost everything identical to GOW seems like a rip off.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
-_-' dude bayonetta is a cool game and it was made by hideqi kamiya who made the original devil may cry so he has legit right on devil may cry but meh but capcom took the rights from him so he made bayonetta which is 10000000% better than DMC4

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yes, because God of War were the first to have female ghostlike characters. No game has ever done that before. It is completely original! And I am so being sarcastic right now!!! ;P

yes i suppose
:cool: can you list me some game which actually have ingame hollowgirl who guides you in your journey ? no not final fantasy hack'n'slash games

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
-_-' dude bayonetta is a cool game and it was made by hideqi kamiya who made the original devil may cry so he has legit right on devil may cry but meh but capcom took the rights from him so he made bayonetta which is 10000000% better than DMC4
Capcom did not steal the rights from Hideki. He was paid to do a job. It's like any job.
So however you look at Capcom they rightfully own the character Dante, the game DMC, etc

But they don't owe Hideki creativity or the concept of hack and slash.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
yup that's why they've appointed some foolish British company who thinks they're smartass

well as for devil may cry series they may own it but it wasn't made by Capcom :) it was made by kamiya and i am sad that he still wants to do a game for him but only if capcom approves "only if"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It was not made entirely by Hideki Kamiya. And Capcom owns the game. There is no "Hideki is victim". You should stop thinking that way. It's not justice.

Capcom paid Hideki and others to create a game - and they did. Of course Hideki are saddened by DMC not being lead on by him and his team, but bottomline: the game is Capcoms. Everything that Hideki and other made that DMC consists of is Capcoms.

You know what i have observed by DmC controversy? People saying "Great job Ninja theory" despite Capcom helping Ninja theory alot with gameplay. And i have also read that Capcom is doing the bosses (?).
And on top of all of this Capcom is paying them.

And despite Capcom's role in DmC many people seem to forget that and give all credit to Ninja theory. They go as far as calling DmC "Ninja theory's DmC".
Let's face the facts: the gameplay is Capcom's concept. The character concept is Capcoms. The world of demons is Capcom's concept etc etc

Sure Ninja theory has a big role in DmC but as i pointed out many of the concepts they are using is already there for them to work on. Such as gameplay, character, items etc
And since Capcom is paying Ninja theory for their work - how is it then Ninja theory's game?

Just like Hideki were paid to do a job, Ninja theory is being paid as well. DMC and DmC is Capcoms. And i don't think there is any good argument for why Hideki should have right to make the next DMC or rights over the game itself.

Imagine this scenario:
"Capcom: We paid you to make the game for us, you accepted the money. And now your regreting your choice and want to steal the game from us?".

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
the NT's ''creative'' environments are copied from alice MR

compare this >>>
at least "this girl looks pretty and healthy"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
What they do with DMC is their choice. We have no RIGHT to question them. It's their game.

And i don't see the similarties with Alice Madness and DmC sorry.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
What they do with DMC is their choice. We have no RIGHT to question them. It's their game.

And i don't see the similarties with Alice Madness and DmC sorry.

look closely even pause it the environments looks hella similar
We have Damn rights to question them because We brought every DMC game and we made Capcom what they're Now ! how come we can't even complain them ?? that's stupid !

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
look closely even pause it the environments looks hella similar
We have Damn rights to question them because We brought every DMC game and we made Capcom what they're Now ! how come we can't even complain them ?? that's stupid !
I meant more we have no right to force them to let Platinum Games to make DMC. You have rights to complain of course. I will look at it again but i did not sense anything much to say "It's a rip off".

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I meant more we have no right to force them to let Platinum Games to make DMC. You have rights to complain of course. I will look at it again but i did not sense anything much to say "It's a rip off".
one way or the other they have to make another awesome game which they can't do it by themselves they need someone like [team ninja] old one not the one who are making NG3 afterall who knows you better than your mother ?? same goes for devil may cry who knows DMC better than kamiya no one

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
one way or the other they have to make another awesome game which they can't do it by themselves they need someone like [team ninja] old one not the one who are making NG3 afterall who knows you better than your mother ?? same goes for devil may cry who knows DMC better than kamiya no one
The only POSSIBLE (not highly likely) rip off i see is the red flag kinda things. But i don't think that's rip off.

But you are right Hideki Kamiya is a great asset to DMC serie. But you should know Hideki and like two other former Capcom members formed Platinum Games. So Capcom people aren't eager to work with them. And i don't think Hidek is eager too.

But there is not much to discuss further. IF you want to discuss Hidek- Capcom make a thread. IF not let's stop trashing this thread with pointless talking.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The only POSSIBLE (not highly likely) rip off i see is the red flag kinda things. But i don't think that's rip off.

you seem to notice more elements rather then the atmosphere well nevertheless this game isn't better than DMC4 atleast that is what i can say after watching all those uncertain trailers while RE:6 trailer just made me WOW same isn't the case for DmC making a thread on kamiya is pointless so i'll leave

Top Bottom