• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The most powerful person from all Devil May Cry

The most powerful?

• Dante

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Sparda

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Argosax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mundus

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
it's probably because to get to Mundus he had to go through a crapload of other powerful demons before he could get to Mundus and he did it all without health items i bet :)

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Indeed

Keaton;171493 said:
I'm having my doubts about Sparda's 'power'.
Mainly because apart from failing to destroy Mundus and the hordes of Devil Generals inbetween them, we haven't heard anything about him.

So far, Dante has surpassed his father and defeated Demonic Foes whom his father left alive, Phantom, Nevan, Griffon etc. So, from where I'm standing I feel that Dante has gone beyond the bar his father has set, Vergil being close behind and then Sparda. Nero trailing somewhere behind all of them.

Afterall, if Sparda TRULY has/had double/triple Dantes power/strength, then why was Phantom left living? Why didn't he use this to actually destroy the Prince of Darkness; Mundus? Hm.

Umm, all wrong dude.

Dante also failed to kill Mundus.

As for phantom, apparently Dante failed to kill him as well (If dmc 2 is cannon)

Dante never kill any of his foes in dmc 3 either(There where exemptions of course), he defeated them yes but then most of them just willingly became devil arms for him.

Is it not possible Sparda did the same, but then restored the demons to their original forms after he was done?

And as for the others, I'm sure a few demons escaped being trashed by the legendary dark knight by running away or something.

Sparda™

Keaton;171493 said:
I'm having my doubts about Sparda's 'power'.
Mainly because apart from failing to destroy Mundus and the hordes of Devil Generals inbetween them, we haven't heard anything about him.

So far, Dante has surpassed his father and defeated Demonic Foes whom his father left alive, Phantom, Nevan, Griffon etc. So, from where I'm standing I feel that Dante has gone beyond the bar his father has set, Vergil being close behind and then Sparda. Nero trailing somewhere behind all of them.

Afterall, if Sparda TRULY has/had double/triple Dantes power/strength, then why was Phantom left living? Why didn't he use this to actually destroy the Prince of Darkness; Mundus? Hm.

Dante hasn't surpassed Sparda. Those are rumors - nothing more, nothing less.

Who knows what hides behind the doings of the Dark Knight.

Keaton

Premium
Black Angel;171500 said:
^Indeed

Umm, all wrong dude.

Dante also failed to kill Mundus.

True, and that I don't doubt, but if Sparda is assumingly a massive power level over his half-breed sons, then surely he wouldn't have had any problem obliterating Mundus?

As for phantom, apparently Dante failed to kill him as well (If dmc 2 is cannon)

IIRC Phantom in DMC2 wasn't the Phantom that died atop the Knight and Steed in Devil May Cry 1, for one, he didn't talk to confirm his knowlege and past with Dante, and thus it is widely believed that 'Phantom' is just a breed or class of Demon allowing there to be multiple enemies of the same style (in the same sense that there are numerous Hell Lusts, Prides etc).

Dante never kill any of his foes in dmc 3 either(There where exemptions of course), he defeated them yes but then most of them just willingly became devil arms for him.

Dante defeated his foes, and when they didn't simply die they surrendered their souls to him as proof of his conquest. Thats pretty much death in my opinion, what Dante did with the weapons/souls he aquired is a mystery I would imagine he simply set them free.

Is it not possible Sparda did the same, but then restored the demons to their original forms after he was done?

Restoring the demons to their original states seems very hard to believe in the history of DMC, if Sparda had THAT kind of ressurection ability I would imagine his human love would be ontop of his list to ressurect. Even if they were returned to their original formes when released, what happened in the situation of Alastor and Ifirt? They were just sitting there, waiting to be used.

And as for the others, I'm sure a few demons escaped being trashed by the legendary dark knight by running away or something.

Undoubtedly, and even if Sparda was on a sucide run perse to simply seal away Mundus, but even so it just seems odd that someone with such a massive amount of power (allegedly) would leave Demons alive to cause more havok to the Humans.

Especially when Dante/Vergil were able to alone defeat greater demons - why did Sparda leave them be?

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
^maybe because he wanted to leave a legacy behind or maybe e was hopeful that his sons would be more powerful than him, there could be many possibilites but on Sparda knows the answer many theories as well

Sparda™

Keaton;171507 said:
True, and that I don't doubt, but if Sparda is assumingly a massive power level over his half-breed sons, then surely he wouldn't have had any problem obliterating Mundus?

IIRC Phantom in DMC2 wasn't the Phantom that died atop the Knight and Steed in Devil May Cry 1, for one, he didn't talk to confirm his knowlege and past with Dante, and thus it is widely believed that 'Phantom' is just a breed or class of Demon allowing there to be multiple enemies of the same style (in the same sense that there are numerous Hell Lusts, Prides etc).

Dante defeated his foes, and when they didn't simply die they surrendered their souls to him as proof of his conquest. Thats pretty much death in my opinion, what Dante did with the weapons/souls he aquired is a mystery I would imagine he simply set them free.

Restoring the demons to their original states seems very hard to believe in the history of DMC, if Sparda had THAT kind of ressurection ability I would imagine his human love would be ontop of his list to ressurect. Even if they were returned to their original formes when released, what happened in the situation of Alastor and Ifirt? They were just sitting there, waiting to be used.

Undoubtedly, and even if Sparda was on a sucide run perse to simply seal away Mundus, but even so it just seems odd that someone with such a massive amount of power (allegedly) would leave Demons alive to cause more havok to the Humans.

Especially when Dante/Vergil were able to alone defeat greater demons - why did Sparda leave them be?

Those have nothing to do with the power of Sparda, but by reasons only known to him (Capcom of course).

Mundus seemingly can't be annihilated, but can be defeated.

A full demon, with a heart of a human being is a powerful being.

A half-breed can never match that kind of power.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
i'm sorry dude but your wrong Dante has lived up to his father reputation and gone beyond that to make his own so i'm not saying that he's more powerful than sparda i'm just saying that he is very pwoerful and he has surpassed many powerful full fledged demons.

and he has one hell of a heart!

Sparda™

chob101;171517 said:
i'm sorry dude but your wrong Dante has lived up to his father reputation and gone beyond that to make his own so i'm not saying that he's more powerful than sparda i'm just saying that he is very pwoerful and he has surpassed many powerful full fledged demons.

and he has one hell of a heart!

You didn't get what I said.

Sparda sacrificed more than Dante during his lifetime, If we're gonna talk about heart matters.

Durante

Dead
Oh i guess we will all have our own opinion and until capcom will make a showdown between Dante and Sparda which is highly unlikely so the best way to find out is to discuss i guess.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Sparda™;171530 said:
You didn't get what I said.

Sparda sacrificed more than Dante during his lifetime, If we're gonna talk about heart matters.

oh ok sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Durante

Dead
He probably heard that from dmc1 :D the only line i heard was Phantom saying that his power is like sparda's no even more.

Zato-OW

King
I chose Mundus since Sparda did not defeat him on his own and he cannot die. But then again we didn't get to see Argosax true power because of Arius draining most of it and The Despair was the ruler of Hell at one time but w/e. Mundus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom