• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Lady's of DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

It's just a illustration. And who says you are to decide how Trish's devil trigger should look like?

Why do you keep doing this? I just expressed my opinion about it and you immediately go defensive mode on me. Stop pointing your rage at me, CoolDemon. Please.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think you two are nice people, but you can't seem to reply to things without some form of conflict. I think you both take comments directed at each too personal. You're not making digs at each other, I just think you take what the other says out of context most of the time.

But anyway, sorry for going off topic. I just don't think this thread should be closed like some of my threads have been recently.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Why do you keep doing this? I just expressed my opinion about it and you immediately go defensive mode on me. Stop pointing your rage at me, CoolDemon. Please.
Stop imposing your like of DmC and Ninja theory on others then.
But what should "Masterpiece...but no!" mean?
It's a obscure and little explained comment.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That was just a fan pic. DMC2 has Trish using the DT button, whether or not she has a more grotesque/demonic appearance has not been seen anywhere in the DMC world.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That was just a fan pic. DMC2 has Trish using the DT button, whether or not she has a more grotesque/demonic appearance has not been seen anywhere in the DMC world.
She is a demon. And demons are monster looking creatures.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

What do you reckon buddy? Do you think Trish has some unseen demonic form to her? I personally think so.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^Thats just the thing. Haven't seen it, and maybe she's come to really like her flawless body and doesn't want to ruin it with wings or other random apparatus poking out of her.............:rolleyes:

Asmodaius

Oh, and another point!

Nevan is a lightning elemental demon. Trish uses lightning as her powers as well. And Nevan is a Leanashe which is like a succubus, so maybe Trish is such as well. I mean, Trish was created to lure Dante into Mundus' trap, right? I think it would make sense that Trish is the same kind of demon Nevan is.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You both make good points. I think Nevan looked more undead in my opinion. And the bats floating around her constantly, that made her look creepy xD

But Trish sort of seems like a normal human woman. Trish however was modeled on Dante's mother, Eva. And we don't honestly know everything about Eva either though, do we? So who knows what else Trish can make herself look like. Perhaps more angelic than demonic? Because even Mundus had an angelic look to him.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Nevan.gif

Trish_MvsC3-FTW.PNG

I said "Monster looking". Nevan has a monster kinda form. Trish don't.

Asmodaius

And as LoD said, Trish was shaped to look like Eva, Dante's mother. Besides the bats, Nevan looks rather human to me. To me it just seems like Nevan is embracing her demonic powers where as Trish does not.

Like Sparda who appeared human-like when being with Eva, hiding his demon form.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
And as LoD said, Trish was shaped to look like Eva, Dante's mother. Besides the bats, Nevan looks rather human to me. To me it just seems like Nevan is embracing her demonic powers where as Trish does not.

Like Sparda who appeared human-like when being with Eva, hiding his demon form.
Can you not see the bloody point? I said all demons look like A MONSTER.
A character with bats and dark power surrounding her looks dam like a monster.

Lucia is shaped like a human too but has a demon form.

Asmodaius

And I am saying that Trish might have a demonic side, but she doesn't embrace it like Nevan or other demons do. Trish is a demon, but she prefers to appear human - the appearance Mundus gave her when he created her.

However, none of us knows if Trish actually has a demonic, monstrous looking form. She might do, but we haven't seen it, and it has never been stated in any official comment (from what I know, that is) that she has one.

You can pull your logic sense all you want, but like the rest of us, you don't know.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
And I am saying that Trish might have a demonic side, but she doesn't embrace it like Nevan or other demons do. Trish is a demon, but she prefers to appear human - the appearance Mundus gave her when he created her.

However, none of us knows if Trish actually has a demonic, monstrous looking form. She might do, but we haven't seen it, and it has never been stated in any official comment (from what I know, that is) that she has one.

You can pull your logic sense all you want, but like the rest of us, you don't know.
DMC logic says that she has a form. But you may be right Trish might not want to change into a demon form.

Game logic> offical statements.

Asmodaius

DMC logic says that she has a form. But you may be right Trish might not want to change into a demon form.

Game logic> offical statements.

I disagree with the last sentence.
The official statement always trumphs whatever logic fans can make up from playing the game. Trish could might as well not have a demonic form which would explain why we have never seen it. But that's a theory as good as any.

If Capcom says "Trish only has human-looking forms." then it doesn't matter how hard anyone tries to argue against it, because the fact would be that Trish doesn't have a demonic form, even if she really is a demon.

But as said, we don't know.

Edit: Anyways, I am now ignoring CoolDemon. So I guess that means I won't be able to see any of his replies from now on. Let's see how that works out then.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Just because a demon was created to look like a human, doesn't mean that he should be able to transform into a monster version of himself. With that kind of logic, Phantom, Beowulf and Nefasturis, could have a human form, which I very well doubt.

I'm not saying they couldn't acquire one, using some sort of obscure, demonic way, but they shouldn't be like Dante. Dante/Vergil/Lucia are all hybrids. Both humans and demons. Trish is a monster who looks human, that's all.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I disagree with the last sentence.
The official statement always trumphs whatever logic fans can make up from playing the game. Trish could might as well not have a demonic form which would explain why we have never seen it. But that's a theory as good as any.

If Capcom says "Trish only has human-looking forms." then it doesn't matter how hard anyone tries to argue against it, because the fact would be that Trish doesn't have a demonic form, even if she really is a demon.

But as said, we don't know.
When a statement from producers go against the game's logic that's when the game fails.
Demons in DMC are scary looking monsters that have often animal like features with a evil tone.

So when someone mentions the word "demon" in DMC universe everyone will not think of a human looking creature such as Trish.
There might be a exception with Trish.

But if for example Capcom made DMC 5 (not DmC) and introduced humans with demon powers and no other form, and said "These groups are all demons" it wouldn't make sense.
What defines a demon in DMC serie? Is it the physical look or the powers they posess?
I would say it's the physical look. Because if it's not taht then the creatures with human form and "demon" powers not be any distingtincly different than a super hero.

And when Nero who's a human got demon powers in him he got some kinda of transparent form sourrounding him. And his eyes were became red.
These are traits of a demon form.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Woah, demons are like people. They are not defined either by how they think, or how they look. They just are. Just as we are. However since demons are creatures created in a fantasy sort of world, we have so many kinds, from giant spiders, to lizards, beings made completely of lighting, animated buildings, and so much more.
Do all of those transform into some sort of super-powered mode? No. But some actually do. Is it a Devil Trigger for them? NO.

Why not? Think of what Devil Trigger means and where it came from. It was created because the main hero, Dante, who isn't a complete devil, but only a half-breed can assume a demonic form for a few minutes(?). He triggers the demonic blood that runs through his human body, to transform himself into a demonic aspect of his normal self. In fact, since hhe isn't a real demon, his appearance and powers tend to vary according to the devil arms/amulets/stuff he possesses. He is something extraordinary. Same with Vergil. And same with Lucia. Nero is something close to that. He supposedly has demonic blood in him, but probably less than Dante. So, what did he do? He used Yamato, as a catalyst to create a shadow/demonic aspect of himself. He can't transform, as he's mostly human. In fact, without Yamato, he probablly wouldn't even know he was capable of doing this kind of feat.

Trish is 100% demon. She teleports/shoots lighting/jumps higher than Dante/and does who knows what else. She doesn't need to TRIGGER her power. It's always active at full. Only weird cases like Dante have the power to do that. And the same with Sparda. In the end his true form is the demonic one. Even his shadow won't change to that of a human, showing us that his human form is some sort of illusion/or imperfect transformation. Nothing like Dante's version.

As for how both Trish/Sparda are in the game? They aren't. They're just COSTUMES. They have a "DT" because the gameplay uses it, but that's that. In the end, all they have is some sort of power-up so they could be used like the normal playable characters in the game and enter a mode where they can replenish their vitality/fly etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom