• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
You know, I just realized something.

Isnt it ironic that DMC2 is credited as the worst DMC game ever yet DMC3, what everyone claims to be the best in the series, rips alot of stuff from DMC2 that ppl are now in love with.

Examples:
Introduction of Rebellion
Weapon switching in game
Bloody Palace mode
Crazy ass over-the-top stunts cinematics
Double Time technique
Stage Select option

Also, basically all the styles from DMC3 were evolved from DMC2 movesets

And personally, I like DMC2 over 3. 3 was too hard and overhyped.

akcolbatah

you crazy i played 2 when i was mission 5 i was so bored. i beat dmc1 in 2 days and dmc3 se in a week. dmc2 is very bad when i first played it the dmc2 dante looks great but everything sucks

Esura

I love DMC2 because of the lack of puzzles. DMC games seriously annoys me with puzzles. Also, the rather simplicity of DMC2 is what makes me like it. I normally only play DMC games on Easy. DMC2 & 4 are the only ones that I went past Easy/Human on. I'm actually on DMD mode, lol.

I cant even find myself to play DMC1 or 3 anymore. DMC2 and 4 are the only ones I play now.

akcolbatah

lol i guess i should get it and finish it this time since u say it was good, i love dante in dmc2 i gotta say he looks the best there outta the whole series and i like dante personality because he doesnt run his mouth that much anymore i liek his cold personality in 2, hes more becoming liek vergil talk a little only. i got to this mission where the infested tanks and i couldnt beat the helicopter boss and i quit it was hard,

Esura

Dude, did you use Dante's Majin form?
LYKE OMFG! Seriously, you kill bosses with one or two hits. It is hard to activate it though because you have to have like 1cm of life left to activate it.

Esura

akcolbatah;118431 said:
nope, how u activate it do u have to press a button?

Just press L1 when your Life is at red, meaning it has to be VERY low. Dante's Majin form is Dante's true power, his TRUE DT. DMC2 Dante is WAY MORE powerful than the DMC3, 1, and 4.

Go to google images, type Dante's Majin form. You'll see what I'm talking about. Dante's Majin form is like the coolest DT ever!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dark Esura;118425 said:
You know, I just realized something.

Isnt it ironic that DMC2 is credited as the worst DMC game ever yet DMC3, what everyone claims to be the best in the series, rips alot of stuff from DMC2 that ppl are now in love with.

Examples:
Introduction of Rebellion
Weapon switching in game
Bloody Palace mode
Crazy ass over-the-top stunts cinematics
Double Time technique
Stage Select option

Also, basically all the styles from DMC3 were evolved from DMC2 movesets

And personally, I like DMC2 over 3. 3 was too hard and overhyped.
Well, I would hope that they borrowed things from another DMC game other than stealing from another series. Just because most people thought is was bad doesn't mean that there wern't some good things about part 2.

Esura

Vergilissexy;118434 said:
Well, I would hope that they borrowed things from another DMC game other than stealing from another series. Just because most people thought is was bad doesn't mean that there wern't some good things about part 2.

True, but the way the public talks bout DMC2 annoys me. You dont even hear about all the good parts of it. All you hear is, "Its not DMC1" or "DMC1 did better" or "DMC2 didnt live up to expectations." Why dont they try to make a damn game first then they can go bitch about games.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I barely ever said anything about DMC2 unless it's brought up, usually if I don't like something, I eventually ignore it. That is, if I can.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=5288

^ Just to get an idea of what most hate from 2...

And besides... They took some things from 2 and put them in 3... But they made them better... You have to take into consideration the time line. Dmc 3 Dante was still young, so he didn't have aa lot of power...

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
There were some things that DMC 2 did do right. I think the main issues with the the game were 1) the lack of any real storyline (though, I admit, 1 and 3 weren't exactly very story intensive either,though there was more substance there than in 2), and 2) the lack of any real challenge.

Esura

Bad Wolf;118504 said:
There were some things that DMC 2 did do right. I think the main issues with the the game were 1) the lack of any real storyline (though, I admit, 1 and 3 weren't exactly very story intensive either,though there was more substance there than in 2), and 2) the lack of any real challenge.

1) I agree
2) As I said before, the easier the better. I get major ****ed on an hard, challenging game. One time I threw my old XBOX out of a window because of Ninja Gaiden. I ****ing hate that Itagaki guy. He makes Ninja Gaiden games hard for the sake of being hard. DMC games arent even that hard. Why dont developers ease gamers into harder difficulty instead of bombarding the gamer with ****ed up challenges. I'm going a little off topic arent I? :lol:

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
also another serious problem with 2 is that capcom failed to explain what the hell happened to Dante, why the hell is so f*ing quiet...!!!!

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Actually, borrowing from previous titles gives developers time to process what positive points there were and expand them; which is what DMC3 done. DMC2; I won't lie I LOVED this game at one time when I was 12 or something, I've obsessed over every DMC game. But DMC3 was better.

Esura

NerosDevil;118523 said:
Actually, borrowing from previous titles gives developers time to process what positive points there were and expand them; which is what DMC3 done. DMC2; I won't lie I LOVED this game at one time when I was 12 or something, I've obsessed over every DMC game. But DMC3 was better.

I agree with mostly everything you said execpt I feel DMC2 was better, mainly because 2 was easier and because of Dante's Majin form. If DMC2 didnt have those, 3 would absolutely pwn it, but considering its all opinion, to each his own.

But what annoys me also is that DMC fans who HAVENT played it diss it too. Like WTF!? Also, my tastes in games get mocked because I do like DMC2, and MGS2, and FF: Dirge of Cerebus.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
DMC2 isn't a bad game; and I loved MGS2 aswel; I saw no problem with Raiden. Anyway, 2 isn't better, because the weapons are over-powered, I could complete the game using Cayote alone and E&I; the combos were more difficult and it was just too gloomy.

Esura

NerosDevil;118553 said:
DMC2 isn't a bad game; and I loved MGS2 aswel; I saw no problem with Raiden. Anyway, 2 isn't better, because the weapons are over-powered, I could complete the game using Cayote alone and E&I; the combos were more difficult and it was just too gloomy.

I like the gloominess....lol?
I agree with what you saying but, to me, easier games trump challenging ones. I've been against difficult games ever since Contra.

I gave the DMC series the benefit of the doubt because of Dante. He is sooooo cool.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
to tell u the truth i totally agree with Dark Esura
I got into the DMC series with DMC 2 when i first played i thought to my self this game is badass, all the way so i tried getting 3 i did loved that even more then finally got DMC 1 overall without DMC 2 i wouldn't have gotten into the series and the game is easier than hell but i'm just having trouble getting a full health bar other than that i got everything like trish and all the other extras but anyways DMC 2 is a good game i think and Dante looks so badass in the game and his Majin form so i say that DMC 2 is a pretty good game but the Storyline kinda sucks so whenever i play i ignore the story and just play lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom