• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Future...

I Make The Devils Cry

Essentially after the release of DmC: Devil May Cry, despite all of the controversy about the game, and the some that followed, it's fair to say that the game was modestly successful overall, despite personal preference, and that it may have done better if the radical changes didn't scare away the audience, or those eleven people who wrote the petition to the President of the United States. Now, that's passed, what would you want to see in the future of the Devil May Cry franchise? A sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry, a return to the original roots of the franchise, or something else? (My personal choice is take a break maybe, and give us more anime episodes that are longer, and a little bit better... with more fights).

berto

I Saw the Devil
those eleven people who wrote the petition to the President of the United States.

Yeah, the president of one of the most powerful and influential countries in the world, leader of the most powerful military power known to man, the man whose every decision affects the live of millions in every nation, should stop what he's doing and address this f*cking game. What moronic bunch of @$$holes. The secret service should knock down their doors and b!tch slap those jack@$$ess across the face for that.

Anyway, there is always the possibility that there is no longer a future of the series, that we've seen the last of DMC.

On the other hand there is always the possibility that there is another game in the making right now. I don't think people realize that if there is a new DmC in the works that it will feature a white haired Dante, it was the point of the whole game. At the same time Capcom INSISTS on making the protagonist to DMC young, ever since 3. They won't take the chance of setting another game in a time frame where Dante is older. So, I think that there is a high provability that Capcom will try to go for a younger audience, again, by making the protagonist young. and brash and rude and a pretty boy to bring in both female players and a younger demographic and to have a wider appeal to bring a new fresh audience, and sell even more.

That's been the philosophy for the last two games, I kinda think that where they'll go again.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well the chances of NO DEVIL MAY CRY are moderately high right now given DmC's failing to reach Capcom's goal and how the whole point of the reboot was to build a bigger audience and more sales which DmC failed to do.

But there is a small chance that Capcom will give the series another shot and if they decide to go with a sequel to DmC then all I ask is that it resembles the more of the old series while keeping the story and characters it introduced.

But personally I would rather see a Devil May Cry 5 come to light over a potential DmC sequel.

Prowler

Actually, I want to see the original series' return, but different from the previous games. I mean, it would be better if there is a button minigame just like in God of War games.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i liked the original series but trying to think about making it work after all the **** it tried to do and then the whole reboot thing. we either should get DmC2, a character from the old series gets a spin-off, or we go back to the old series and make a new character (we did it with nero we can do it again. granted it took me 5 yrs to warm up to nero but thats just me) . i don't want to go through the sparda family drama of the old series right now and the new series hasn't even started yet.

I Make The Devils Cry

Why ? It wouldn't be that bad. I think. It would be very good on boss battle.

The reason why is because it's something quintessential to God of War somewhat, yes games have stuff like that, but God of War is what it's best for, because it's not a QTE but it is essential. A game like Devil May Cry doesn't do stuff like that, it'd just be tacking something on. Exactly the reason I'm looking warily at Ryse: Son of Rome.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Essentially after the release of DmC: Devil May Cry, despite all of the controversy about the game, and the some that followed, it's fair to say that the game was modestly successful overall, despite personal preference, and that it may have done better if the radical changes didn't scare away the audience, or those eleven people who wrote the petition to the President of the United States. Now, that's passed, what would you want to see in the future of the Devil May Cry franchise? A sequel to DmC: Devil May Cry, a return to the original roots of the franchise, or something else? (My personal choice is take a break maybe, and give us more anime episodes that are longer, and a little bit better... with more fights).
I would say, to take a break right now and really think about their next move, mainly one that doesn't involve ****ing off any part of the fandom and having us marking our territory all over each other like unneutered dogs again @_@ my blabber is empty.

The anime idea, I wouldn't mind that. But a different version, maybe one based on the first Devil May Cry 1, or an OVA.

I Make The Devils Cry

I would say, to take a break right now and really think about their next move, mainly one that doesn't involve ******* off any part of the fandom and having us marking our territory all over each other like unneutered dogs again @_@ my blabber is empty.

The anime idea, I wouldn't mind that. But a different version, maybe one based on the first Devil May Cry 1, or an OVA.

I would like to see them have another attempt at the anime, or maybe extend on what they have done already, because despite my love for it, it was rather short. But I can definitely agree with the OVA idea, similar to what happened with Hellsing, when they made Hellshig Ultimate, which is a excellent series despite it being only ten episodes.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
It would have been less hate if they just used the magic word, Spin off.

But honestly as I keep saying, bad PR, a reviewer army bringing up the hair giving it nine out of 10's and then blaming the people they told "don't like it, don't buy it" on the sales for not buying the game and the smugness from NT(Yes they kept driving the nail) and of course
hqdefault.jpg

sarcasm

"Capcom's genius formula"

/sarcasm,

It may not see a breath again just from seeing denial everywhere(Again I haven't seen some sites to determine it)

Honestly and I highly doubt it, and I mean I highly doubt they would do it, but I really hope they overhaul the Original, actually keep the concept it had but actually try and make it less confusing storywise and revamp the gameplay.(making some changes, but still keeping that crazy feeling of the gameplay that made DMC the crazy game it was)

But again very very doubtful, so it may go DMC 5.

I Make The Devils Cry

It would have been less hate if they just used the magic word, Spin off.

But honestly as I keep saying, bad PR, a reviewer army bringing up the hair giving it nine out of 10's and then blaming the people they told "don't like it, don't buy it" on the sales for not buying the game and the smugness from NT(Yes they kept driving the nail) and of course

sarcasm

"Capcom's genius formula"

/sarcasm,

It may not see a breath again just from seeing denial everywhere(Again I haven't seen some sites to determine it)

Honestly and I highly doubt it, and I mean I highly doubt they would do it, but I really hope they overhaul the Original, actually keep the concept it had but actually try and make it less confusing storywise and revamp the gameplay.(making some changes, but still keeping that crazy feeling of the gameplay that made DMC the crazy game it was)

But again very very doubtful, so it may go DMC 5.

I can honestly see this happening, but I think there'd be a considerable amount of backlash even if they went with this choice, because of the reboot, and all those facts. I mean, yes, fans will be considerably happy at first, but then some are going to have this mindset who just question why go to DMC 5, and why they didn't go there in the first place. But oh well, very interesting idea.

Sunaka Marién

DmC2 for me.
Simply because in they made a DMC5
1. the reboot would have been relatively pointless, and
2. a DMC5 would logically have to follow in the lines of DMC4, so it would either mean having Nero as the main again, which would mean no more Devil May Cry for me, cuz I just don't like him, like, at all. Or it would mean having to stick with a Dante close or the same to DMC4 Dante, wich, well, I'd really have to think twice if I'd actually play it, because I just didn't like 4Dante either :/
So IF DMC5, only if it had Dante as the main character again (or if they'd throw in Nero aswell, make it like in DMC2) and he'd had to be back to his DMC1 self. But even then I'd prefer a DmC2.

DmC2 for me.
Simply because in they made a DMC5
1. the reboot would have been relatively pointless, and
2. a DMC5 would logically have to follow in the lines of DMC4, so it would either mean having Nero as the main again, which would mean no more Devil May Cry for me, cuz I just don't like him, like, at all. Or it would mean having to stick with a Dante close or the same to DMC4 Dante, wich, well, I'd really have to think twice if I'd actually play it, because I just didn't like 4Dante either :/
So IF DMC5, only if it had Dante as the main character again (or if they'd throw in Nero aswell, make it like in DMC2) and he'd had to be back to his DMC1 self. But even then I'd prefer a DmC2.

A reboot is POINTLESS,it's just an alternative version of game or a game made to end the series.
It holds no importance other than to give the player another vision upon the original franchise.
Reboots usually don't get a sequel since they're second options.

berto

I Saw the Devil
2. a DMC5 would logically have to follow in the lines of DMC4

Not nervelessly. If that were the case DMC4 would've followed in DMC3's foot steps.

Capcom will go with whatever they think is the best, most profitably route for the game. Since DMC4 was the most profitable game in the franchise there is the possibility that you might be right, but DmC was born from the criticisms of DMC4 and a want for the sales numbers that God of War enjoys so much, if that is still the desired goal they might try something just as extreme as DmC.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I would not mind a prequel with Vergil...Explaining the merits of him actually finding someone to have a child with, I am pretty sure not of his knowledge, and explain his uprising, second option... Make a game out of the DMC 2 Novel...Dante here is represented as his DMC 2 persona but they gave him his carefree cocky attitude...went to a different dimension and fought mundus and trish again, or make a game after Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne...cause as theory goes in Nocturne Hell and Earth combine and at that moment Dante is back at earth helping the protagonist in the game face the hordes of Hell eventually defeating Lucifer...a sequel to that would be good...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Please let the sequel take place like a few years after the first game. Especially in later games, where Dante & Sparda are reunited.

And for Dante to fight Lucifer/Satan in a final battle.

Sunaka Marién

A reboot is POINTLESS,it's just an alternative version of game or a game made to end the series.
It holds no importance other than to give the player another vision upon the original franchise.
Reboots usually don't get a sequel since they're second options.
*points at Spyro reboot* Reboots usually don't get sequels, eh? Guess that means that The Legend of Spyro series dosen't exist. Or Crash: Mind over Mutant, since that's also the sequel to the series's reboot Crash of the Titans. Or DMC4 for that matter, since DMC3 is basically a reboot aswell. And what about super hero comics? Aren't they getting reboots again and again aswell? Reboots do have a point. They are there to take a series into a new direction and revitalizing a franchise.

Not nervelessly. If that were the case DMC4 would've followed in DMC3's foot steps.

Capcom will go with whatever they think is the best, most profitably route for the game. Since DMC4 was the most profitable game in the franchise there is the possibility that you might be right, but DmC was born from the criticisms of DMC4 and a want for the sales numbers that God of War enjoys so much, if that is still the desired goal they might try something just as extreme as DmC.
Well, if you ask me, DMC4 did follow in DMC3's footsteps, I mean, both had a really silly Dante, wich, in DMC3's case made sense, but in DMC4 it just felt out of character for me. Then there is the gameplay, which is also developed upon what they did in DMC3, aswell as the overall crazyness which wasn't quite as present in 1 and 2.
And if they tried something as extreme as DmC with DMC5, well, why call it DMC5 then? When I'm talking about DMC5, then I really think of a return to the old series, not another reboot or anything too far from it.

Top Bottom