• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The first time you wanted Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
OK this is a question I'd be interested to hear answers to.

When was the first time you ever heard of/saw Devil May Cry and thought it would be worth trying?

For me, I was bored one day watching a game channel called Game Network (which sucked), and they showed some footage of DMC1. I saw someone using High Time and juggling enemies with E&I, and I thought it looked cool, and a little while later I bought DMC1 second hand for about £10. Best buy ever!

DanteownzNero

Devil May Own
hmmm mine was when the local game store had a buy 1 get 1 free deal on and dmc2 preowned was in it id neva herd of it but me mate read tht it was suppose to be good and the picture on the back with dante shootin at two enimies at the same time got me hooked.

i didnt thinks much of the story but as soon as i finished it i went and bought dmc1 for the action and THEN the story got me

i had a run up to dmc3 much like i have now for dmc4 im an addict haha love DEVIL MAY CRY :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
When I got my Playstation 2 I was still a big fan of Bloody Roar. In sort, it is a fighting game where the characters can transform into humanoid animals (like Werewolf for example) for a short time, to recover health, do more attacks etc. Kinda like Devil Trigger. I had copies of the first two games that were available and Bloody Roar 3 for the Playstation 2 was my second game. Inside the game there was a cool villain named Xion who wore a long red coat and had long silver/white hair. He immediately became my 2nd favorite character of the game. My 1st favorite character is Long since tigers are my favorite non-mythical animals and I generally like characters in games whose punches actually do something and you don't have to rely on long-ranged kicks all the time.:)P )

Anyway this Xion character not only had cool moves, but he was one of the few people there, that did not transform in something that resembled an animal but rather a devil/alien/monster. And the game described that thing as an Unborn.

One day at school (ah good carefree times) one of the lads in my class mentioned a cool game with a character able to do unimaginable feats and being able to survive after having been struck by a huge sword. (The guy described my the -Alastor cut-scene- and I seriously thought this was some kind of horror game).
Anyway to persuade me buy it, he brought up Bloody Roar (he was a fan too) and told me that the guy there looks a lot like Xion.
So at 2002 easter I ended up with Devil May Cry^_^

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
For me, I saw a preview for DMC3 and thought it looked awesome. A few days after I was looking around a games shop and saw DMC1, so I bought it remembering the preview for 3 and I loved it. I finished it then got 2 and a while later I got 3 ^_^

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
First time I tried DMC was the demo that came with Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. I played it and I was just blown away. When it came out, my folks got it for me and I've been a fan since

Devil Razer

Drifter
Good question leon :p

First tim i got a taste of dmc 3 (yes i started with dmc3 se) was hen Leon bought it for me for my birthday claiming it was one of if not he best game out there.

So when i eventually got it through the post and i was hooked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom