• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Finale

The Final Offer

I've chilled in the Fortuna Castle for long enough.

I will be addressing issues people have with Devil May Cry here with as much evidence as possible.

Death Threats in Gaming

You wanna talk about Death Threats and the disbelief that they aren't real when it comes to video games. I have something for you. Something very special.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/21/death-threats-forced-kojima-to-lead-mgs4-project

I'm very displeased with how this fanbase has turned out. If death threats can cause these problems for Kojima, then what problems could it cause for us gamers? I'll speak what every Devil May Cry fan has not exploited on these forums.

When you send death threats to someone about a project they're doing or won't be doing. You open up a conversation in their conference room. This conversation is about whether or not they should submit to their aggressors, whether they shouldn't, or both.

The outstanding line is that someone wants whomever is on this project DEAD. With that being the issue, they must discuss if this project is going to have a future with so much pressure being pushed on them. Depending on the target of the threats, it could either be taken as a joke or as serious as someone saying it to them face to face.

At this point.....us gamers are losing the war. The target may still release the project, but the risk of danger could be too great of a stressor to continue it in any aspect. No continuation of the original or the reboot.

Complete and utter defeat. This is suicide by poison in gaming.

I don't care how you feel about someone working on your favorite franchise. The fact is....someone is WORKING on it. It was green lighted by the people you trust to give you your favorite game. Trust them as you did with their previous projects. If things don't go as you planned then speak up. Feedback about what was bad about the game is what they're looking for.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I can't help but feel like this is directed at a few select individuals, and no one else.

My opinion? There will always be people that blow things way out of proportion; you'll find it occurs most when it comes to things like television shows, movies, and yup-videogame series'. So naturally, death threats are the result of these ridiculously insane people.

I'd never discount that death threats occurred in the case of DmC and other games-but just like with the people blowing it out of proportion and sending those death threats, people also tend to blow the sheer number of threats out of proportion, as well.

In a nutshell, people lie; they embellish, they omit, they form biases. So yes, death threats occur-but how many? How severe? Are some of them hoaxes? Which ones are sincerely that deranged?

Anyway, I'm not arguing against your point. Kinda just putting my two cents on the table.

The Final Offer

I can't help but feel like this is directed at a few select individuals, and no one else.

My opinion? There will always be people that blow things way out of proportion; you'll find it occurs most when it comes to things like television shows, movies, and yup-videogame series'. So naturally, death threats are the result of these ridiculously insane people.

I'd never discount that death threats occurred in the case of DmC and other games-but just like with the people blowing it out of proportion and sending those death threats, people also tend to blow the sheer number of threats out of proportion, as well.

In a nutshell, people lie; they embellish, they omit, they form biases. So yes, death threats occur-but how many? How severe? Are some of them hoaxes? Which ones are sincerely that deranged?

Anyway, I'm not arguing against your point. Kinda just putting my two cents on the table.

I appreciate your input.

This thread is created for anyone who is a gamer and dares jump that line for their selfish motives. It doesn't help. If others begin to think that they can break a project by sending death threats, then expect the worst outcome for us all.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I appreciate your input.

This thread is created for anyone who is a gamer and dares jump that line for their selfish motives. It doesn't help. If others begin to think that they can break a project by sending death threats, then expect the worst outcome for us all.

Agreed; because no matter what part of the spectrum a person is on-be it pro or anti-both sides lose out.

Not to mention all the people caught in between, such as the case for those fans who like both DMC and DmC, for example.

In the end, no one really wins. I dislike the reboot myself, but I'd never deny fans of said reboot the right to their preferred series; I put myself in their shoes. What if it was a game I really wanted, and a group of simpletons ruined my chance to enjoy it? I'd be furious.

I stick to a, "If you don't like it, don't buy it" policy.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
THIS. 100% THIS.

This is exactly how I feel every time a stupid debate about death threats and such.

I also believe that this fanbase has seen better days, but has used all the complaining and whinning towards Capcom and NT instead of actually getting on petitions to add taunting, or add lock-on, or asking for the speed of the game to boost a little more. But instead, all they do is whine.

And then there are the death threats. I mean seriously? You send death threats to a dude whose just doing his job for the sake of not falling under? That's a sad, sad way to show your true colors as a fan of a series. No one's obviously gonna listen to you if you're screaming off the top of your head about something over and over again, and that's exactly why DmC didn't have some of the things it should have; because fans didn't put enough heart into asking and instead bitched the entire time.

Then there's the sudden "emo" comment going around. I didn't know emos wore the same clothes that you would wear or have black hair like you have. Just because his hair was black suddenly he was labeled an emo. Last time I checked DMC3 Dante's hair looked more like the classic emo style then new Dante's hair was. It just shows how quick minded this fanbase was when it came to change instead of asking legitimate questions pertaining as to why his hair was black from a story perspective.

All in all, I agree with all you've said so far, and really hope the fanbase grows after this, because it's really fallen far from what it use to be.

IncarnatedDemon

Just wondering, has anyone seen the death threats that Tameem mentioned? Now i am not talking about "Have you seen death threats", but i am specifically refering to the comic and the metal song.
Just honest to god question: Have you seen them?

If you have, please share it with me.

Kojima receiving death threats doesn't prove nothing more than him receiving death threats.
The guy comes off as very humble.
One of the devs of Gaming that i respect.

Tameem on other hand is questionable, and therefor i would like to see the material he received first.
P.S I'd also like to see death threats Kojima and his team received if that's possible.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Updated First post.

Just wondering, has anyone seen the death threats that Tameem mentioned? Now i am not talking about "Have you seen death threats", but i am specifically refering to the comic and the metal song.

Kojima receiving death threats doesn't prove nothing more than him receiving death threats.

Tameem on other hand is questionable, and therefor i would like to see the material he received first.
P.S I'd also like to see death threats Kojima and his team received if that's possible.

No. I have not searched for death threats towards Ninja Theory. How do you know they're not email sent? Much like fan mail can be sent, death threats can be sent through as well.

Why do you want to see these death threats? Why would they show us the death threats? On top of everything. I'm aware of one video where three foreign guys (with machetes) are beating the H*** out of DmC Dante while he was tied to chair and yelling Tameem as they kill him. Mind you, they had on masks and were in what looked like a barn. The guy playing Dante wasn't injured.

My point is, I can't find the video anymore. It was on Youtube around September 2012. So, with that being said. You may never see the evidence you're looking for. Handle that as a fact. You may also never see the video on Youtube of the girl throwing puppies into a river, men getting beaten by gorillas, spiders attacking a gopher, etc. Your best chance is asking these companies to show proof of the death threats that they definitely gave to the authorities.

Do you have anything other to request?

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

Are you serious? Here your talking about death threats, and your asking me why i want to see them?
Why i want to see them? Simple, i don't believe what Tameem received was death threats.
Therefor i need to see them.
The evidence i am looking for was sent to Tameem, and Tameem can share it with me and everyone else in gaming community.

I've seen the video you mentioned, though i didn't pay much attention. So until we find the video again and everyone can see for themself if it is a death threat or not, please dont say it's a death threat.

But it is not these videos or stuff that Tameem received, what he received was:
  • a comic
  • a metal song
And i am saying: i dont believe it was really death threats.
But if it is death threats, feel free to contact Tameem and try get him to share it with everyone. It's been over a year since when Tameem received those "death threats", so police investigation should have ended (if there was ever one) and he should not have any problem getting hold of the material.

I'd like to see those death threats, and if you or Tameem or anyone else can't understand why, then that's your problem not mine.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Updated First post.

No. I have not searched for death threats towards Ninja Theory. How do you know they're not email sent? Much like fan mail can be sent, death threats can be sent through as well.

Why do you want to see these death threats? Why would they show us the death threats? On top of everything. I'm aware of one video where three foreign guys (with machetes) are beating the H*** out of DmC Dante while he was tied to chair and yelling Tameem as they kill him. Mind you, they had on masks and were in what looked like a barn. The guy playing Dante wasn't injured.

I know of the video. If you look at DmC related videos by Event Status on youtube, he provided that one in one of his videos. I honestly don't remember which one of his videos it was in (and they're all pretty long) and I can't remember if he agreed with the point they were making, or if he was pointing out how many people blew the reboot out of proportion. I just remember thinking, "Wow, that's some serious overkill..."

I hate the reboot; I really, really do. But that type of reaction? It goes beyond the pale. :/ Threatening someone over it is just plain ridiculous.

The Final Offer

Are you serious? Here your talking about death threats, and your asking me why i want to see them?
Why i want to see them? Simple, i don't believe what Tameem received was death threats.
Therefor i need to see them.
The evidence i am looking for was sent to Tameem, and Tameem can share it with me and everyone else in gaming community.

I've seen the video you mentioned, though i didn't pay much attention. So until we find the video again and everyone can see for themself if it is a death threat or not, please dont say it's a death threat.

But it is not these videos or stuff that Tameem received, what he received was:
  • a comic
  • a metal song
And i am saying: i dont believe it was really death threats.
But if it is death threats, feel free to contact Tameem and try get him to share it with everyone. It's been over a year since when Tameem received those "death threats", so police investigation should have ended (if there was ever one) and he should not have any problem getting hold of the material.

I'd like to see those death threats, and if you or Tameem or anyone else can't understand why, then that's your problem not mine.

No I can't see why you want to see death threats in the form of comics and metal songs. Unless you want to see if it were a friends or your very own work that made it to the eyes of Capcom and NT. Maybe I got you pegged wrong, maybe you're looking for a cheap laugh or two. Maybe you wanna see what was said. I don't know, but it sounds like you are fond of twisted moments in people's lives. Which disappoints me even further.

I'm thinking you don't belong here in this thread anymore. What you're speaking on is a thing of the past that is a downright low point for gamers everywhere.

All of this because you don't like Tameem? You've been searching for proof of death threats for years. Stop searching. You're not going to find Tupac's killer. Aliens aren't real. The government isn't watching. It's all in your head.

Don't think that I'm talking about DMC death threats. I'm taking gaming in general. You're talking DMC death threats and not seeing the bigger picture. You're stuck. Solve your problem. You're obsessed.

Honestly, I don't like hardcore conspiracy theorist who can't gather their known facts, connect them, and come up with a conclusion. Either you believe these death threats exist or you don't. Choose. Then stop asking us.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I know of the video. If you look at DmC related videos by Event Status on youtube, he provided that one in one of his videos. I honestly don't remember which one of his videos it was in (and they're all pretty long) and I can't remember if he agreed with the point they were making, or if he was pointing out how many people blew the reboot out of proportion. I just remember thinking, "Wow, that's some serious overkill..."

I hate the reboot; I really, really do. But that type of reaction? It goes beyond the pale. :/ Threatening someone over it is just plain ridiculous.

I double posted. Forgive me for that.

Yes, I wish the other user I responded to had a grasp on what overkill is. If they're willing to make a video such as that, what is stopping them from sending death threats?

I don't exactly understand what there is to hate about the reboot. If it weren't called that, it'd be a prequel to DMC 3. A deeper look at Dante's origins. Of course, you get a different Dante, it's DMC tradition.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No I can't see why you want to see death threats in the form of comics and metal songs. Unless you want to see if it were a friends or your very own work that made it to the eyes of Capcom and NT. Maybe I got you pegged wrong, maybe you're looking for a cheap laugh or two. Maybe you wanna see what was said. I don't know, but it sounds like you are fond of twisted moments in people's lives. Which disappoints me even further.
I knew that ever since she joined, bro.

And the only thing I dislike about the reboot is the controls. Love everything else about it, though. Would have loved it even more (and would have been my hands-down game of 2013, seeing as how there was nothing else besides Remember Me that held my interest) had the game had DMC3's control mechanics.
All in all, I agree with all you've said so far, and really hope the fanbase grows after this, because it's really fallen far from what it use to be.
Don't hold your breath.

IncarnatedDemon

I'm thinking you don't belong here in this thread anymore. What you're speaking on is a thing of the past that is a downright low point for gamers everywhere.

All of this because you don't like Tameem? You've been searching for proof of death threats for years. Stop searching. You're not going to find Tupac's killer. Aliens aren't real. The government isn't watching. It's all in your head.

Don't think that I'm talking about DMC death threats. I'm taking gaming in general. You're talking DMC death threats and not seeing the bigger picture. You're stuck. Solve your problem. You're obsessed.

Honestly, I don't like hardcore conspiracy theorist who can't gather their known facts, connect them, and come up with a conclusion. Either you believe these death threats exist or you don't. Choose. Then stop asking us.
How ironic that you talk to dmc fanbase and tell us your disappointed with us on basis of death threats that might not be actual death threats, and when I say i would like to see these death threats, you attack me and accuse me of having sent a death threat.

But I tell you what, I'll leave this thread. Enjoy!

The Final Offer

How ironic that you talk to dmc fanbase and tell us your disappointed with us on basis of death threats that might not be actual death threats, and when I say i would like to see these death threats, you attack me and accuse me of having sent a death threat.

Maybe and might are probabilities. If you can confirm that you didn't send them then I won't let it cross my mind again.

DMC fanbase bashing? I think not. All I'm missing from my collection are the DMC novels. I've had my PS2 DMC since it released (thanks to my brother). So don't alienate me by saying "Us" as if I'm not apart of the fanbase.

It's not attacking you. It's attacking your pursuit for death threats. What significance does this have? If you were shown those death threats what then? Would you apologize about your constant accusations? Again, I'm not fond of your type of conspiracy theorists. So you not returning is no sweat off my back.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
In the grand scheme of things the developers might see the death threads as real or cry out from whinny internet voices who bark but would crap themselves if confronted with real issues.

For the sake of the argument we'll say that they fall on the former. It cannot be easy to deal with the posibility of somebody wanting you dead, specially over something as trivial as entertainment, and if people begging to take these things seriously no one will want to make games. To be honest, if it were me I would take legal action, if I genuinely felt my life was in danger I would demand arrests and protection.

On a separate note.

Why does everyone feel the need to draw parallels between DmC and MGR? They are very clearly linked by many concepts, like genre and developer history and maybe by release date, but they are not that similar. I wish people would stop pointing from one to the other to try to make a point, I don't find them valid in reasoning nor compatible on those perimeters alone. Under the same reasoning I'd say compare it to Ninja Gaiden while you're at it, it has just as many parallels to DmC as MGR does.

seraphmaycry

Actually, i have seen the comics and song, saw a while back, sometime around the release of DmC i think, maybe a month or so before, it was somewhere in the forums DmC section.

the comic wasn't very original or good nor was the metal song (which was about equal with a swearing 6 year-old screaming at me, in case you're curious)

i can't remember the comic to well and i really don't feel like i should even have the death metal song in my brain.

the comic was pretty much a sum of all the whiny internet arguments "dante is emo OMGOMGOMGOMGROFLLOLOLOOLEMEOEMOEMOEMO(more illiterate baboon spit), Vergil looks like a douche! (not sure when the comic was released, so i'm likely wrong on this one) 30 FPS!??!? no YOU L;YING HERETIC (insert swears here)"

in regards to the death threat part, it wouldn't be to unrasonable to say it was interpreted as a death threat, the end of the comic said something like "emo must die!"

SO, there! i have seen the comic and this is best as i can remember, you might be able to actually find it if you searched through well, quite a few pages of forums on on all things related to DmC hated from just after the release to a few months before, i'm 70% sure it was somewhere around there.

anyway that's about all i have to say.

Last edited:

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I don't understand the whole point of the thread...what point do you want to be acknowledged...don't want to sound rude just don't understand the main concept

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't understand the whole point of the thread...what point do you want to be acknowledged...don't want to sound rude just don't understand the main concept

Basically he's calling the Devil May Cry fanbase a bunch of unintelligent fanatics who send death threats because we don't like new Dante's look (I do obviously) and all we do here is fight about which was the better, ala DMC vs. DmC.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thank you.
Basically he's calling the Devil May Cry fanbase a bunch of unintelligent fanatics who send death threats because we don't like new Dante's look (I do obviously) and all we do here is fight about which was the better, ala DMC vs. DmC.
So, there's at least some truth to that, then. And besides, he didn't call anyone unintelligent, ok?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Your basic intention is to throw individual responsibility away and replace it with that collectivist bullshit about gamers?

First things first: there's no "gamer community" nor "gamer identity", so there's no real point about "calling gamers out" about death threats. They're not a homogenous groups, they do not share similar cultural backgrounds, they do not share genetic similarities, they do not have the same religion, they probably have different jobs, most of them probably don't even share the same ideology or philosophies. People that play games, even similar games, have no tendency whatsoever to be like each other outside the way they have fun, games are just a hobbie, one entertainment and nothing more, so it's pretty non-sensical to adopt this kind of speech.

I do not take responsibility from retarded individuals out there just because they share one opinion with me. If they take this kind of thing this serious, that's their problem and not mine; and if they come to call death threats on someone, they should be treated as the criminals they are if the victim wishes this way and takes the threats in a serious tone.

EDIT: Sorry if the post sounds rude (it was not the intention, really), it's because i can't really stand this thing of passing on individual responsibility to groups and collectives of people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom