• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Dodge Roll VS. The Dash (Trickster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noelttub

I'm really trying not to offend anyone here, but in my opinion, people should quit wasting their time with the Trickster style. There is absolutely nothing special about it. Trickster's signature move is the "Dash". Sure, its simple to use and takes no practice or learning, but its very lazy and inaccurate at most times. The Dodge roll is just as evasive, but puts you in a more strategic position. The Dodge roll is truly better than "Dash" or Trickster for that matter, if only some people actually take the time to learn and practice it. Anyways, I just would like to hear your opinions on this.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Well yeah I guess I agree as I never use trickster in battle for this reason but I will admit that the dodge roll is a lot more awkward to use.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I stick to Swordmaster.
I think there is too much put into the trickster style.
But then again, i've racked up 32hours playing as Vergil compared to the 20 playing as Dante.

aka958

Don't trust people
Tricksters dash in DMC4 was nerfed. You could only use dash once which made it a little bad.

In DMC3 when you've maxed trickster you could dash three times in a row before Dante needed recovery time.
Trickster is a style of someone's choosing, it gives them what they think is neccessary. If a dash works better than a dodge roll for them I believe they have their reasons to believe so.

aoshi

Dodge roll is dependent on enemy AI and can roll only on to either sides of enemy AI but if enemy AI is faster(Arachnes or enigmas) or attacks cover a longer radius , Roll would not be effective. However is effective for styles like swordmaster to quickly get into another position to start a new attack. However trickster is most effective to face faster enemy AI like arachnes and enigmas or when attacks cover longer range(gigapede) to dash across the area and reach enemy AI.

Trickster lets u dash in any direction and does not leave u open. Very effective with dante's aresenal and DT charge when enemy AI is fast as hell for swordsmaster or royal guard.

Simple trickster combo - (Charge DT) - Fire ebony and ivory as hell and dash to dodge any attacks from a long range. When DT is fully charged ,dash into enemy and release DT. Switch off DT and taunt to regain DT.

Effective - Enigmas, Flying jellies, Red flying creatures in mission 5 for a quick stun.

Also trickster gives wall run - most effective against gigapede train to get on board and attack.

Dodge roll was only to aid other styles.Trickster is a certified style on its own.It has its uses where no other style is effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom