• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The despair embodied

Most epic boss?

• Yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

The first form was Argosax the Chaos.

Dante finds Argosax in its first form, a hideous pile of flesh composed of pieces of Phantom, Griffon, Orangguerra, Jokatgulm, Nefasturris, and Furiataurus. After slaying each piece, a stalk bearing an egg extends from the mass, and Argosax's true form, The Despair Embodied hatches from it.

As The Despair Embodied, Argosax appears as an androgynous, horned, angelic being composed of fire, able to change sexes at will. While in its female form, it attacks with a whip, while in its male form, it wields a sword. The Despair Embodied is able to teleport around the battlefield, or fly into the air and shower Dante with a rain of fiery feathers. However, even in this awesome form, Argosax is still brought down by Dante, and is defeated.

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;155339 said:
Didn't like the appearance on flames. A more detailed humanoid look would be much cooler.

I think that was still down to the graphical capabilities at the time, it reminded me waaaay too much of Magician from the House of the Dead series...shame :\ I still feel that it is a very unexplored enemy with lots of potencial...even for a comeback :D

Zato-OW

King
Argosax/Despair was vastly weakened when Dante fought it(no thanks to Arius draining most of its power.).They should bring this boss back and at its full power when Sparda fought him(I guess as a BP boss fight.). You fight a somewhat watered down version of him in DMC4 and that's Angelo Credo. If you pay attention he has the same moves as both Despair and Nelo combined.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I liked it, but I was disappointed that Dante didn't say jackpot when he shot him in the face...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
But what can possibly be more epic than fighting God of the underworld through space? lol.

You know what I have just noticed, when Despair is about the die his cry of pain sounds exactly like the guy who did the voice for Mundus (it even sounds like they took sounds streight out of the first one) and if you compare their final forms, although there is an obvious difference

Despair = fire
Mundus = some sort of slimey demon flesh

they kind of look the same. As though the flesh (I know its not flesh) has a life of its own.

I know Mundus and Despair Embodied are two totally different demons but the cry made the think for a second.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It was a good fight but I don't know about "epic". I reckon that's pushing it at any stage for DMC2. And yes I am biased, so is everyone.:lol:

Sparda™

The Phantarch;156999 said:
It was a good fight but I don't know about "epic". I reckon that's pushing it at any stage for DMC2. And yes I am biased, so is everyone.:lol:

The only epic thing about DMC2 was Majin Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom