• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Boss vs Lady

Who will win in battle against each other?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
People, dont chew my head off for making a versus thread (which is my first by the way). I put two characters who each has a chance of really owning each other instead of stupid ones like Vergil vs Sesshomaru (of course Sesshomaru will win) and stuff.

Everyone here should be quite familiar with Lady so I'll give neophytes of the world of Metal Gear Solid an in depth info and pic of The Boss....

*these pics are kinda big so I was wondering how to spoiler tag them....

mgs_boss_750.jpg

mgs3snakeeaterthebossbigbossde.jpg

storygamingglory_1.jpg

The Boss
The Boss (ザ・ボス, Za Bosu?), also known as The Joy and Voyevoda (meaning "Warlord" in Russian), was born as the daughter of one of the higher ranked members of the Philosophers' Wisemen's Committee, and the mentor of Big Boss. She wears a white version of the Soviet "Sneaking Suit" which can be obtained towards the end of the game, prior to defeating the Shagohod and Volgin. In the Virtuous Mission, The Boss wears a bandanna and Olive Tan camouflage (which appears to be the "staple" of the FOX unit battle fatigue). During the conflict between her and Naked Snake during her "defection", Naked Snake manages to obtain the bandanna around her head by pulling it from her as he falls from the rope bridge. It is then used as a sling for an injury, and then the protagonist dons the bandanna himself in Operation Snake Eater. The Boss comments on his inability to let go of the past by taunting him for wearing her bandanna as a reminder of her during his mission.

A legendary soldier, and considered by many to be the mother of America's Special Forces. Prior to her founding of the Cobra Unit, she was an instructor and lecturer at one of the Philosophers' training and schooling facilities. In 1942, The Boss founded the Cobra Unit - an elite group of individuals each with their own special and unique ability, based on the emotion they carry with themselves into battle. The Boss was known as The Joy, named as such for the great joy she took in fighting for her country. In addition, it was around this time that The Boss first met Major Zero and Jack - the latter of which would become her disciple and develop CQC with her. After training and raising Jack as her disciple, she abandoned him without a trace on a top-secret mission.

Two years later, The Boss and her Cobra Unit participated in the famous beach landings at Normandy. Their objective was to infiltrate enemy lines and disable V-2 rocket installations, much like Liquid Snake was commissioned to do during the Gulf War.

At the time, The Boss was pregnant with her child, and during the landings on the beaches she gave birth to her child via a very messy cesarean section operation, leaving her with a large snake shaped scar ascending her torso. Her son turns out to be Ocelot. After the end of the Second World War, The Boss disbanded the Cobra Unit. Afterwards, The Boss began participating in secret projects run by the U.S. government, including many snatch missions, which consisted of The Boss infiltrating enemy bases and capturing officers without harming them for interrogation purposes. In 1951, The Boss was involved in the atomic testing at the Nevada desert. Then in 1960, The Boss was sent into space on a mission to acquire data on how well the human body could cope in such conditions. This made her, unofficially, the first human being in space. One year later, The Boss was ordered to take part in the Bay of Pigs Invasion at Bahia de Cochinos, Cuba. Then, two years prior to Operation Snake Eater - The Boss was sent on a mission that culminated in the assassination of her lover, The Sorrow, who had returned to the Soviet Union after the disbandment of the Cobra Unit.

In 1964, The Boss was then ordered to take part in a major operation to recover the Philosophers' Legacy from Colonel Volgin - known as the Virtuous Mission. In order to acquire the Legacy, The Boss had to trade her way into Volgin's ranks - and to do so she was given two portable nuclear warheads, one of which was ultimately used by Volgin to destroy Sokolov's design bureau. However, with the destruction of the bureau, The Boss' mission was greatly expanded and revised - this time she would have to also help prove the innocence of the United States in a mission known as Operation Snake Eater. One week after the Virtuous Mission, the U.S. government sends in an operative with orders to assassinate The Boss. The man who must carry out those orders is Naked Snake - The Boss' beloved protege.

Understanding the fact that in order to save the world and her country she had to give her life, The Boss gradually helps Snake with his mission while at the same time keeping up Volgin's trust.

Ultimately, The Boss informs Snake about the Philosophers and tells him that as a soldier it's his duty to face an existence of endless battle. After a final battle between the two amidst a field of white flowers, Snake defeats his mentor and kills her with a single shot from her own weapon. In the end, it was the ultimate goal of The Boss to use the Philosophers' Legacy to unite the Philosophers back together and in turn the people of the world. However, despite being seen as a traitor by both the United States and the Soviet Union, she would always be seen as a hero and a patriot by her most beloved disciple - Big Boss.

Really, thats all you really need to know about The Boss.

Me myself, I have to go with The Boss. Why? See above.

Zato-OW

King
Gotta give it to The Boss. I just appeal to her more. But the reason I think she would win is because she is just too highly skilled at killing and knowing how to kill in almost every aspect. Lady is just alot more flashier.

Esura

Unlike Lady's moves, which seems as though Lady tries to be flashy, The Boss is more technical with her approach. Without even trying to be flashy, her moves look flashy, elegant, and precise. And The Boss has the Patriot, which I think trumps Kalina Ann. In hand to hand combat, Lady is screwed. If Lady just keeps her distance from her, she MIGHT can be able to go toe to toe with the Boss in gunfights.

Sparda™

The Boss! Why?! Not only those said above, which I know already (being a MGS fan myself :D), but also Lady is just a kid which has learned firearms.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
the boss hands down
heres how the fight would play out:
lady enters stage left then the boss enters right behind her presses circle then holds it firmly to slit her throat. TIME PARADOX!!!
(in the dmc realm)

Esura

Wow, I didnt think that many people here ever played an MGS game. I basically wrote all that info on The Boss for no reason...sigh.

Sparda™

Esura;125010 said:
Wow, I didnt think that many people here ever played an MGS game. I basically wrote all that info on The Boss for no reason...sigh.

Metal Gear Solid is a well-known franchise...:p

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Zato-OW;125032 said:
Hey we are talking about combat wise....

I think if lady and the boss were both given the same weapons(but no rocket launcher) and had very limited ammo or maybe even no spare clips, the boss would defianately win.
the boss would probably run around evading all of lady's shots untill she ran out of ammo then turn right around and merc her face with one bullet. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom