• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TGS 2013 Predictions

IncarnatedDemon

MGR 2 would be nice. But no thanks if Konami plans to take a **** on MGR 2 as well like they did with Sam dlc.

Like the MGR song says "MAKE IT RIGHT!"

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
What about another Atlus game like Catherine? Get a good story, a simple yet interesting gameplay mechanic, and use the anime style. I think that would be great. Catherine was presented as a single episode of a show much like Twilight Zone, that could be cool if they did more with it

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
What about another Atlus game like Catherine? Get a good story, a simple yet interesting gameplay mechanic, and use the anime style. I think that would be great. Catherine was presented as a single episode of a show much like Twilight Zone, that could be cool if they did more with it

Oh, how about a reverse-Catherine? Like... Hmm... Brian? I mean come on, both genders have issues with relationships. Not all men are cheaters and lustful and not all women are... I don't know since I'm not a woman. So, basically Brian is an incubus as Catherine is a succubus and Bryan is the boyfriend as Katherine is the girlfriend. It can't be a climb-the-tower game or else it's basically a male version of Catherine which it technically still is. On-rails shooter like Sin & Punishment or Kid Icarus: Uprising? Puzzle platformer sort of like Portal?

Y'know what would be funny is if they hired the same voice actors and reversed their roles in a sense. Laura Bailey plays the leading lady, she was Catherine who caused trouble for Vincent, and Troy Baker, Troy played Vincent, can play as the seductive or shining-knight Brian - I don't know if Brian should exemplify the perfect partner or something "dangerous". Now I just realized that people have different "preferences"... Damn it all. Trying to make everyone happy is hard. Anyway, Michelle Ruff and Erin Fitzgerald are the main character's friends who somehow get mixed in the nightmares just like Vincent's friends in Catherine. And I guess Travis Willingham would be Bryan, the main character's boyfriend. The reason I say, "I guess", is because Travis is actually married to Laura. So maybe he could be Brian instead and Troy could be Bryan just to put a spin on things. That still leaves Liam O'Brien, Kirk Thornton, and Yuri Lowenthal. Oh, and I guess Nolan North can voice every unimportant NPC - male and female.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Oh, how about a reverse-Catherine? Like... Hmm... Brian? I mean come on, both genders have issues with relationships. Not all men are cheaters and lustful and not all women are... I don't know since I'm not a woman. So, basically Brian is an incubus as Catherine is a succubus and Bryan is the boyfriend as Katherine is the girlfriend. It can't be a climb-the-tower game or else it's basically a male version of Catherine which it technically still is. On-rails shooter like Sin & Punishment or Kid Icarus: Uprising? Puzzle platformer sort of like Portal?

Y'know what would be funny is if they hired the same voice actors and reversed their roles in a sense. Laura Bailey plays the leading lady, she was Catherine who caused trouble for Vincent, and Troy Baker, Troy played Vincent, can play as the seductive or shining-knight Brian - I don't know if Brian should exemplify the perfect partner or something "dangerous". Now I just realized that people have different "preferences"... Damn it all. Trying to make everyone happy is hard. Anyway, Michelle Ruff and Erin Fitzgerald are the main character's friends who somehow get mixed in the nightmares just like Vincent's friends in Catherine. And I guess Travis Willingham would be Bryan, the main character's boyfriend. The reason I say, "I guess", is because Travis is actually married to Laura. So maybe he could be Brian instead and Troy could be Bryan just to put a spin on things. That still leaves Liam O'Brien, Kirk Thornton, and Yuri Lowenthal. Oh, and I guess Nolan North can voice every unimportant NPC - male and female.
I feel like that would literally be the same game all over again. I'm saying something as creepy an out of left field with a completely different story. Maybe something with vampires or witches even.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I feel like that would literally be the same game all over again. I'm saying something as creepy an out of left field with a completely different story. Maybe something with vampires or witches even.

That's kind of why I said the gameplay should be different. Story-wise it would be the same though. Also, witches and vampires are kind of overdone, personally. Actually, overdone and destroyed by some series of books. Vampires don't sparkle, people! They burn from sunlight and are badasses like Dracula from Castlevania, or outright creepy like the original Dracula film which I never saw, or both like Alucard from Hellsing.

Maybe more incubi, succubi, wraiths, and stuff. Then again, we're talking about Atlus who has tons of mythological beings in their games, it wouldn't be that difficult for them to take a spin on mythology and creep us out, kill us with revelations, or awe us into insanity. I really wish I had a PS Vita or any of the copies of their old games since tons of people say their games are good. The only games I have linked with Atlus are The Kings of Fighters XIII and Dragon's Crown which were published by them.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I wa saying maybe a vampire like Moka from Rosario + Vampire. I think if done right, they could open up to a wide variety of these types of creatures while keeping the uniqueness of Catherine. Like I said, it's present as an episode in Twilight zone. It could be just as unique with a completely different story

Top Bottom