• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tattoos?

ShockDelivered

Socially Awkward
I'm a tattoo lover, and I'm curious to see if anyone has any cool tattoos?
Or if there is anything you were thinking about getting tattooed on you.
Or even just a picture of a cool tattoo you've come across.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong area, forgive me, I'm new)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm getting one of my sketches tattooed on me later this month. you getting a tattoo?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd have this done, but I'd have it as a scarification instead of a tattoo due to wanting it to be as close to Dante's as possible, plus white UV ink takes a couple of sessions to even be abosorbed properly...even then the results aren't reliable.

_c__dmc_devil_may_cry_by_annetta0505-d5v4yf6_zpsba8e4ed1.png

I've also had my eye on a tattoo of the Dethklok gear, but I'm waiting for my friend to have some vacancies, so it might take a while.
dethklok_gear_stencil_by_curiosityband-d3hiwnc_zps2abb31db.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't plan on getting inked in this lifetime, haha, although I've come across some sweet designs. I love looking at tattoos, and some of my artwork is even inspired by them. Here's one I drew some time ago (haven't gotten down to shading it though >.>) :
d_e__by_safva-d52ymf3_zpsf42bb793.png
And here's a work-in-progress tattoo:​
traditional_work_dump_by_safva-d61tdj5_zps6631e4c6.jpg
You know you've got some really good talent there, even if they are unfinished sketches. Have you ever considering being professional? :)

ShockDelivered

Socially Awkward
I agree, that's amazing. I just looked at your DA page and you're an amazing artist.

Loopy, that's awesome, I would have never thought of scarification. I've got Dante's one on the back of my neck.
Your friend must be good if it's gonna take a while for a vacancy.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Loopy, that's awesome, I would have never thought of scarification. I've got Dante's one on the back of my neck.
Your friend must be good if it's gonna take a while for a vacancy.
I figure I might as well, considering that's what Dante's looks like...or well I think it's a scarification.:p My only issues would be finding someone I would really trust to do it as it would be my first one, and of course making sure the work heals correctly. I'd want it to be as white as possible...I've seen some people's go horrible, but maybe that was down to improper aftercare...

My friends is good, but being a tattoo artist is only one of her jobs, so when she's in the studio, she's always booked up due to her limited tattooing time>_< But I wouldn't go to anyone else because I woulfn't trust anyone else to do it. I don't mind the wait so long as I get a good piece of art at the end done by someone I know and trust. ^_^

ShockDelivered

Socially Awkward
i'm getting one of my sketches tattooed on me later this month. you getting a tattoo?
Oh, what's your sketch of, if you don't mind me asking.
I'm always getting tattoos, it's a horrible habit you can't stop. I got some a couple months ago and I already want more.

I figure I might as well, considering that's what Dante's looks like...or well I think it's a scarification.:p My only issues would be finding someone I would really trust to do it as it would be my first one, and of course making sure the work heals correctly. I'd want it to be as white as possible...I've seen some people's go horrible, but maybe that was down to improper aftercare...

My friends is good, but being a tattoo artist is only one of her jobs, so when she's in the studio, she's always booked up due to her limited tattooing time>_< But I wouldn't go to anyone else because I woulfn't trust anyone else to do it. I don't mind the wait so long as I get a good piece of art at the end done by someone I know and trust. ^_^
Scarification is when they basically scar you, sometimes stencil around and peel/cut off the skin. White ink (can also be UV ink) it just like normal tattooing, but with white. Looks like a white scar.
Yeh I'd be scared to get scarification, I could imagine it being more painful than tattooing. I think scarification can either go light or dark, depending on how you scar.
I haven't seen many white ink tattoos in real life, but they look pretty cool, always considered them.

You're lucky you have the advantage of knowing someone you can trust with it, so it's worth the wait.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Scarification is when they basically scar you, sometimes stencil around and peel/cut off the skin. White ink (can also be UV ink) it just like normal tattooing, but with white. Looks like a white scar.
Yeh I'd be scared to get scarification, I could imagine it being more painful than tattooing. I think scarification can either go light or dark, depending on how you scar.
I haven't seen many white ink tattoos in real life, but they look pretty cool, always considered them.

You're lucky you have the advantage of knowing someone you can trust with it, so it's worth the wait.
I just need to work out if it would be best to have the skin burned or have a skin excision. I guess it would depend on the size. I've been told smaller ones are better burned while larger are usually done with excision.
But I'd need to be in the right mood to have it done. It's bad enough that I have a phobia of needles, and yet I like tattoos.:p But at least I'm not the only one who's scared of that kind of thing. I've had friends getting very drunk before they went for their tattoo appointments just to psyche themselves into doing it, but I wouldn't use alcohol, I'm straight edge.

White tattoos do look good so long as thy take to the skin well. My friends says white UV ink is the worst because sometimes clients have to go back a few times to have the tattoo redone just to get the ink to absorb. Apparently it also has something to do with how light or dark the skin is. I was going to get a UV tattoo until she told me that...I don't think I could stand going back multiple times just to get the same tattoo to absorb. At least with black you know you'll definately have a tattoo at the end of all that.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
White tattoos do look good so long as thy take to the skin well. My friends says white UV ink is the worst because sometimes clients have to go back a few times to have the tattoo redone just to get the ink to absorb. Apparently it also has something to do with how light or dark the skin is. I was going to get a UV tattoo until she told me that...I don't think I could stand going back multiple times just to get the same tattoo to absorb. At least with black you know you'll definately have a tattoo at the end of all that.

D: That sounds really scary, going back multiple times to get the same tattoo to absorb? I don't think I'd survive the psychological pressure of all that!

You know you've got some really good talent there, even if they are unfinished sketches. Have you ever considering being professional? :)

Haha, thanks mate. :)
And yes, I plan on being professional if possible!

I agree, that's amazing. I just looked at your DA page and you're an amazing artist.

Thanks so much! ^_^

ShockDelivered

Socially Awkward
D: That sounds really scary, going back multiple times to get the same tattoo to absorb? I don't think I'd survive the psychological pressure of all that!

I know people who have UV tattoos, and they do tend to fade quickly. But for any tattoo you have to be prepared to go back and get it redone.

I just need to work out if it would be best to have the skin burned or have a skin excision. I guess it would depend on the size. I've been told smaller ones are better burned while larger are usually done with excision.
But I'd need to be in the right mood to have it done. It's bad enough that I have a phobia of needles, and yet I like tattoos.:p But at least I'm not the only one who's scared of that kind of thing. I've had friends getting very drunk before they went for their tattoo appointments just to psyche themselves into doing it, but I wouldn't use alcohol, I'm straight edge.
Which one would be less painful? Hahah. Do you know how long it will take?
And you will definitely have to be in the right state of mind. Especially if it will take a while.
I couldn't imagine having a phobia of something painful and still doing it haha.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I know people who have UV tattoos, and they do tend to fade quickly. But for any tattoo you have to be prepared to go back and get it redone.

Which one would be less painful? Hahah. Do you know how long it will take?
And you will definitely have to be in the right state of mind. Especially if it will take a while.
I couldn't imagine having a phobia of something painful and still doing it haha.
Yep, I just don't think I could stand going back a few times for the same tattoo. I want it over and done with during one sitting, unless I ever decided to get a big piece done...at least there would be a break of a few weeks inbetween sittings doing it that way.

As for the scarification, I've heard it depends on the person's pain tolerance and the size of the design for how long it takes. I think I'd go for burning it on. I don't like the idea of excision, and after being witness to one a friend had done, I don't think I could do that...same goes for micro dermals. My friend told me it's like they punctured her lungs with it.>_< Having said that though, I always wondered what it would be like to have a corset piercing on my back....;)

As for the phobia thing, I figure that I like tattoos, I really like them as a piece of art, so it's worth the pain, and seeing the finished result and knowing what I went through to get it makes it more significant to me.
I think I kind of work myself up a bit too much. I'm the same with blood tests. I get really worked up, and watch the needle come closer, but once it's actually gone in, I'm fine...I actually watch them draw the blood up with a kind of morbid fascination. :p

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Oh, what's your sketch of, if you don't mind me asking.
I'm always getting tattoos, it's a horrible habit you can't stop. I got some a couple months ago and I already want more.

its a cross with a pentagram in the center. on the four ends of the cross are skulls representing the four horsemen of the apocalypse and inside the cross i have the 23 psalm written. sorry i can't provide a pic right away. i can't find it right now

Dark Drakan

Admin
I technically have 2 but my tribal is 3 parts joined into one as it is now down my back, onto my chest & down my left arm to elbow. Then my other is called the Dragon Eye & its silver/grey & white futuristic tribal with a red gem like looking eye in the middle of it on my right arm.

I have been designing a Japanese themed sleeve for years now for next one to fill right arm. Not anything with a carp in it as ive seen that a thousand times. I want something with water/katana/Samurai style theme with 'I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees' incorporated into it. The cost is only thing stopping me at the moment.

ShockDelivered

Socially Awkward
its a cross with a pentagram in the center. on the four ends of the cross are skulls representing the four horsemen of the apocalypse and inside the cross i have the 23 psalm written. sorry i can't provide a pic right away. i can't find it right now

Sounds pretty awesome! Is it your first? Is it going to be big?

I technically have 2 but my tribal is 3 parts joined into one as it is now down my back, onto my chest & down my left arm to elbow. Then my other is called the Dragon Eye & its silver/grey & white futuristic tribal with a red gem like looking eye in the middle of it on my right arm.

I have been designing a Japanese themed sleeve for years now for next one to fill right arm. Not anything with a carp in it as ive seen that a thousand times. I want something with water/katana/Samurai style theme with 'I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees' incorporated into it. The cost is only thing stopping me at the moment.
That's sick. But i agree, carp is so boring haha. I always love seeing original tattoos, too many people get the same tattoos that they find online. And being able to design your own is a bonus.

I do want one
What do you want to get?

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid

That's some wicked idea. :) That quote is pretty neat too.

The carp/koi fish is a really popular tattoo, however there are a lot of different ways to portray it. So then again, it isn't such a bad thing to incorporate into the design either, as long as it isn't your main focus. :p Japanese-style tattoos as a whole are quite common because of the dynamics of their designs.

How much would it cost though, if you don't mind me asking?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
With a large sleeve type tattoo, depending on the way it's set up, you could have it done in parts to spread the cost. I have a friend who has planned a piece that goes part over the shoulder and then down the arm that is like a story in Suehiro Maruo images that could be done one at a time over time. Unless you're the type that would like to get it done a fast as possible, but as far as I know complex coloured designs like elaborate yakuza style ones are not done all at once or in a few days but added to over time as well, the basic linework first then the person heals up, then the base colors, heal up, details, etc.

Dark Drakan

Admin
That's some wicked idea. :) That quote is pretty neat too.

The carp/koi fish is a really popular tattoo, however there are a lot of different ways to portray it. So then again, it isn't such a bad thing to incorporate into the design either, as long as it isn't your main focus. :p Japanese-style tattoos as a whole are quite common because of the dynamics of their designs.

How much would it cost though, if you don't mind me asking?

Depends on the details/colours as Tattooists charge per hour but its around £50/£60 an hour & would likely take about 10-12 hours (guessing judging on current work). So I say it would likely be between £500 & around £700 (estimate). Plus it would likely take multiple sittings to wait until parts heal as Ieyasu said. I like the style of Japanese sleeves as they have so many colours & so much detail in them. Plus ive always respected the old Japanese philosophies about honour & respect.

Top Bottom