• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem admits DmC is not canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Which I think means it's a spin-off of DMC, like DMC was a spin-off of RE.
Anyway, this is the interview I mentioned in the other thread with a little extra info about what the story is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFPh1udmLE

Has it really not been posted on the forum yet? I'm finding it difficult to believe that I've finally contributed something that hasn't been mentioned before.
I had it wrong before, Limbo is the alternate dimension alongside the real world. Whoops. Anyway, info about the story at 2:30

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Old news?
At least to me. Reboots aren't canon. <.<
Did you even watch the trailer?
I posted it for the info Tameem gives about the story. Obviously a reboot can't be completely canon, he even said it's a reimagining of devil may cry. Sorry if the title of the thread is slightly misleading, I just copied the title for the vid on Youtube over. The YT poster was focussing on the canon/reboot aspect right in the beginning of the interview. I'm not, I'm focussing on the treats that Tameem hand out about the story (starts at 2:30 in the vid)

-edit-
Okay, my bad, I haven't seen this interview on the forum so I just presumed it's news.

Asmodaius

so this game got nothing to do with DMC ha.
whats with the hair????????????????????????????????????????

It's called a sidecut.
And no, what he said is that it is not part of the main storyline. It is not canon.
That doesn't mean it has nothing to do with DMC. Obviously...

aka958

Don't trust people
Did you even watch the trailer?
I posted it for the info Tameem gives about the story. Obviously a reboot can't be completely canon, he even said it's a reimagining of devil may cry. Sorry if the title of the thread is slightly misleading, I just copied the title for the vid on Youtube over. The YT poster was focussing on the canon/reboot aspect right in the beginning of the interview. I'm not, I'm focussing on the treats that Tameem hand out about the story (starts at 2:30 in the vid)

-edit-
Okay, my bad, I haven't seen this interview on the forum so I just presumed it's news.

What trailer?

You are making me so confused right now. >.<

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Which I think means it's a spin-off of DMC, like DMC was a spin-off of RE.
Anyway, this is the interview I mentioned in the other thread with a little extra info about what the story is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFPh1udmLE

Has it really not been posted on the forum yet? I'm finding it difficult to believe that I've finally contributed something that hasn't been mentioned before.
I had it wrong before, Limbo is the alternate dimension alongside the real world. Whoops. Anyway, info about the story at 2:30

I think a better example would be how batman begins is not related to the previous batman movies that came before.

You cant use RE since they decided that dmc was better off as its own new entity than as a continuation of RE which is not the case here.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yep, I agree about the Batman comparison, but a spin-off is not necessarily a continuation of a series. It's a different direction for a story/character that has already been told but with some of the original characters still in tact, eg. it's a sideline story inspired by the actual original story (didn't they say Dante was destined for RE, but ended up not fitting in that universe anymore so they decided instead of throwing away all the time they invested in creating him, they'll just give him his own game? Or, that's what I heard).
Anyway, which is why the Batman comparison is a better one than I made because at least Batman doesn't decide to sport a spidy-mask and red undies over his leggings in Batman Begins.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
batman begins seems like a perfect example for this. Batman movies had a creepy cartoony style (tim burton) and then it started all over again with different enemies and a different back story and i dunno anyone who didnt like it. maybe thats what NT is trying to do. Its not a canon because its a waist of time to explain everything that makes no sense. Just start over and tell it with good story tellers and have capcom overview the combat, since thats what their known for. And the old dmc games are not lost, isnt there an HD version coming out? hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom