• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

supposedly

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Yeah, thats him alright. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640459/ There you go, it's kinda trashy B-Rated Action movie.

dear lord, "HOBO with a shotgun", lol man, again i dont know if you're intentional or just a coincidence.. lol.. anyway, b movies could be a guilty pleasure for me, not gonna lie.. oh, there you again , b movie..

i agree @Z218 , i wanna see him younger, 23 yo to be precise.. the best of age..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I read that in DmC he's 27 over the course of game.
where did you read that because i read he's around 19-20? Tbh I saw him as early 20s but i feel he's more likely to be a teenager than DMC3 Dante whose story would still work as a 25 year old.

i dont mind him being older, I just rather avoid the jumping back and forth DMC did so lets go in a straight line with a slow and steady pace ok?

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
TBH DMC by platinum games would probably have an easier time getting but DmC is more likely to stay consistent as a story rather than going through the Identity crisis the franchise went through.
I won't debate on it because I don't see any reasonable continuity to DmC against bland final fight between Vergil and Dante that we all know how ends. But yeah I also don't want another prequel to DMC and prefer continuity to DMC4.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC is not something they can just hand over to anyone. It's all part of the Devil May Cry brand whether you like it or not.

absolitude

DmC is not something they can just hand over to anyone. It's all part of the Devil May Cry brand whether you like it or not.

well, if the big company thinks it's risky to continue and suspend or even end the continuity which means i won't have a taste of the game again, i'd rather have them hand the rights of everything in the game minus anything related to DMC to NT.. it's my ideal in an unsure world like it or not..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
well, if the big company thinks it's risky to continue and suspend or even end the continuity which means i won't have a taste of the game again, i'd rather have them hand the rights of everything in the game minus anything related to DMC to NT.. it's my ideal in an unsure world like it or not..
That doesn't work like this. You can't separate something franchise related from franchise unless trademarks and copyrights expire or NT pay huge sum of money to purchase trademark of Capcom, which is pretty impossible

absolitude

guys, guys, seriously, my thread's a make believe, a dream, a sweet sweet dream..

it's not like "hey NT, the new stuff is risky if we continue, and we have financial problem, so we're giving this for free, just change any name related to the original, and if you can, improvisate with the story so it will be a whole different stuff, we wouldn't want the original fans to snap again.. oh, did we mention we're having financial problem and giving it for free? we're that crazy we think this is someone else's dream"

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Innsmouth
I just meant its more likely that Nt is more likely to continue the story they started versus Platinum and DMC because they are inheriting someone else's mess so they might not care to wrap things up.

@Chancey289
I do think it is possible to seperate DmC from DMC because there was this lawsuit that removed the character Angela from the Spawn universe and transplanted her into the Marvel universe as Thor's long lost sister.

not saying it would work like this but its a possiblity.

@absolitude
maybe neal's world had the reveal that supernatural things exist recently so we see how they cope with that knowledge.

absolitude

and what about vergil @Z218 ? what's your take for his name? i got some that i think fits his looks, lemme uh.. snow, frost, david, and dean, dean matches if we keep em as twins since it rhymes with neal, but doesn't fit his persona after the event of DmC..

the title probably is the hardest one..

Judge

Nah won't happen. Capcom won't give up DMC. In the same way you could argue that Capcom would give DMC and Resident Evil to Platinum Games, but that will never happen either.

Capcom will continue to make money from DMC and DmC from digital sales and sales trickling in over the years. So they'll never give it up.

I don't see them continuing DmC at this point, but its not a bad thing. I've heard Ninja Theory have another big game in the pipeline no one knows about, so they will come out with something to answer for the lack of DmC2.

While Capcom will probably keep going with DMC5, continuing where DMC4 left off. At the moment I can see them trying to make the game cutting as many costs as possible, so I can see something similar to how they've done Resident Evil 5, 6 and 7. Which is loads of DLC and a very short single player campagin with little focus on the story or the characters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
and what about vergil @Z218 ? what's your take for his name? i got some that i think fits his looks, lemme uh.. snow, frost, david, and dean, dean matches if we keep em as twins since it rhymes with neal, but doesn't fit his persona after the event of DmC..

the title probably is the hardest one..
Well I think for the twins maybe Adam and Caleb?

But if we are recycling it into a new ip do we have to stay close to the game

absolitude

I've heard Ninja Theory have another big game in the pipeline no one knows about, so they will come out with something to answer for the lack of DmC2.

are you serious? where's you read that? i once asked them if they will make any game similar feel to DmC, and these fuggers in NT is just so cheap with interactions, but if what you said is true, this is great news

Well I think for the twins maybe Adam and Caleb?

But if we are recycling it into a new ip do we have to stay close to the game

wow, you're good with names.. one of the many reasons i'm liking DmC was the characterizations and personalities from twins and their conflict, being blood related makes the conflict felt bigger.

as an alternate to the blood bond intimacy, maybe either they're from the same house of something something or being the last of their kind minus the blood relation--nephilim is still a possible way to go..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I do think it is possible to seperate DmC from DMC because there was this lawsuit that removed the character Angela from the Spawn universe and transplanted her into the Marvel universe as Thor's long lost sister..
It's different. Angela is collaborate character from Todd Mcfarlane and Neil Gaiman and Neil secured trademark for her via lawsuit. After that he just sold trademark to Marvel. Unless you mean that NT can try to secure trademark for DmC via lawsuit, which is completely out of this world assumption.

Judge

are you serious? where's you read that? i once asked them if they will make any game similar feel to DmC, and these fuggers in NT is just so cheap with interactions, but if what you said is true, this is great news

Sorry but I don't have a link. I remember hearing not long ago, the director of DmC DE, who was the combat programmer for DmC (not Tameem) is not working on Hellblade. So as soon as DmC DE finished parts of Ninja Theory's staff are not working on Hellblade and are not working on Disney Infinity. So naturally I suspect they are doing another game, but it won't be DmC 2.

Its also possible Capcom have already started working on DMC5.

Top Bottom