• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Superiority complex

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah, this is also true. with DMC3 and 4 you can move around a little more. But in DmC you go off on the single enemy like he stole from you. But even so, that doesn't mean you can't do the same in DmC. Its just no one tries to do it.

Edit: You picked an old vid for DmC

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Yeah, this is also true. with DMC3 and 4 you can move around a little more. But in DmC you go off on the single enemy like he stole from you. But even so, that doesn't mean you can't do the same in DmC. Its just no one tries to do it.
Tries not to do it or just can't? Show me proof and I'll believe you that you can do the exact same thing in DmC like you can in DMC3/4.

DragonMaster2010

Tries not to do it or just can't? Show me proof and I'll believe you that you can do the exact same thing in DmC like you can in DMC3/4.

0:42-0:58

0:38-0:54

It's the same concept of juggling with the only difference being the number of hits and JC needed to stay in the air in my eyes. Honestly to me, it's the same thing all in all.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
It's the same concept of juggling with the only difference being the number of hits and JC needed to stay in the air in my eyes. Honestly to me, it's the same thing all in all.
That's your argument? On a very specific moment that looks similar? I was talking about the entire gameplay when I compared DmC to DMC3/4, not a cherry picked moment.

Hell, even the way you have to juggle in DmC is different since the enemy is floatier and there is no real need for JC when you have the whips that fulfills the same function.

DragonMaster2010

That's your argument? On a very specific moment that looks similar? I was talking about the entire gameplay when I compared DmC to DMC3/4, not a cherry picked moment.

Hell, even the way you have to juggle in DmC is different since the enemy is floatier and there is no real need for JC when you have the whips that fulfills the same function.

Like I said, they look fundamentally the same.

One's just faster and more button mashing then the others. And NO not that kind of button mashing.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Again, not really. You can perform so many tricks and stuff while moving all over the place in DMC4. In DmC, you are mostly stationary compared to DMC3/4.

nope. i'm uploading a combo vid right now. i'll show you that you can move around in DmC

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
I feel like a ping pong ball, first one guy says this and I'm like 'yeah' and *like*, then this guy says that and I'm like 'hmmm, yeah, I see that' and *like*.... ugh.
Just wanted to throw my two cents in here: you can't do combos as well in DmC as you can in DMC3&4 because of two words.
LOCK ON.
FFFFFFFFF, I neeeeeeeed it. If I had a dollar for every time I screamed at DmC Dante 'dafuq you doin bro?', I'd be able to go buy the DMC3:SE. Lock on makes the combos more fluent and I actually know where the hell I'm going instead of Dante suddenly angel-flying into an effin wall instead of toward an enemy. I've button mashed in DmC so much because I just lose track; I try hit this demon and end up hitting another one instead, so the one I was intending to take down HITS ME.
:mad:

Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I feel like a ping pong ball, first one guy says this and I'm like 'yeah' and *like*, then this guy says that and I'm like 'hmmm, yeah, I see that' and *like*.... ugh.
Just wanted to throw my two cents in here: you can't do combos as well in DmC as you can in DMC3&4 because of two words.
LOCK ON.
FFFFFFFFF, I neeeeeeeed it. If I had a dollar for every time I screamed at DmC Dante 'dafuq you doin bro?', I'd be able to go buy the DMC3:SE. Lock on makes the combos more fluent and I actually know where the hell I'm going instead of Dante suddenly angel-flying into an effin wall instead of toward an enemy. I've button mashed in DmC so much because I just lose track; I try hit this demon and end up hitting another one instead, so the one I was intending to take down HITS ME.
:mad:

i get where you're coming from. but i think thats what gives DmC a challenge. with DMC3/4 it was easier to get SSS cuz the lock on. where as DmC you have to really watch what you do cuz you can go from SADISTIC to BRUTAL in one sec if you don't pay attention

DragonMaster2010

i get where you're coming from. but i think thats what gives DmC a challenge. with DMC3/4 it was easier to get SSS cuz the lock on. where as DmC you have to really watch what you do cuz you can go from SADISTIC to BRUTAL in one sec if you don't pay attention

That's not the issue.
For me, I can get SSS easily without lock on in DMC4. Lock on doesn't mean a thing. If I can get SSS without lock on for DMC4 then that's no excuse. But DmC isn't THAT hard so its more just a matter of knowing what you're doing.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
That's not the issue.
For me, I can get SSS easily without lock on in DMC4. Lock on doesn't mean a thing. If I can get SSS without lock on for DMC4 then that's no excuse. But DmC isn't THAT hard so its more just a matter of knowing what you're doing.

not if your controller is ****. mine can be unresponsive at times and can cause harsh damage to my score

EnJ

Shade

Edit: You picked an old vid for DmC
VIDEOS

Few things I noticed from this videos:

Vergil is just demons annihilation machine. Totally unbalanced guy. And btw, his combos look little more DMC-like.

New rainstorm sucks. (why it change the angle of camera, and why it sooooo slooooow)

Terminus rule ^_^

It's impossible for newDante to preform combo what would look like that gif. Because he didn't have any options to move around enemy while he fights in air. (and this seems ridiculous because NT try to make accent on air combos.) He has only one atack what can "move" him in air it's a Aquila atack, if i don't forget it's name "calibur". And still, it can move him only in forward direction. DMC4 Dante can move around enemy with RG cancel, killer bee motion, interia and even with lucifier single air atack. And he has a taunt :p
And from my biased POV, DMC4 combos looks a lot more impressive then their DmC analogies. For DmC AMV like this looks better:

While DMC4 like this:

aoshi

I've said this before. But watching DmC videos and classic DMC videos on the same hour of the day is brain-damaging.>_<. Jus cuz they are conceptually so different.

But that was some sweet editing and music in that DmC video. Great synchronization as well.

Anyway, Aren't we way off-topic???:steve:

On topic, I don't think dante(classic) has superiority complex.

8BitHero

Scrub
Of course both Dantes have superiority complex. You have to look at the context of them though.
oldDante has a pretty decent lifestyle that's relaxed with his friends by his side(Trish, Lady etc) compared to newDante who is on his own with no-one to live with. Neither of them hate human and infact want to do what's right. Both are demon slayers and don't consider themselves better than humans.

This is backed up by their actions and phrases.
newoldDante do not like the idea of ruling humans. This is demonstrated by the ending scene of DmC and DMC3 in which their brother(Vergil) is the one with superiority complex.
newoldDante have superiority complex directed towards demons. They mock them. They "big" themselves up against the. They essentially don't give a shi7 when faced with nearly every demon and will dispatch of them with ease. It's the ideology that both newoldDante consider demons to be scum and therefore, lesser beings.

So yes, newoldDante and Vergil have superiority complex of a different kind.
Vergil is above humans whereas newoldDante are above demons(the bad kind, not those like Phineas).

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
DMC Dante , more than having a superiority complex, he seems to fit this:

"(...)In addition, being the recipient of this kind of attention by the mother-goddess tremendously inflates the son. He is convinced that he is ‘extraordinarily special’, which leads to all the complications and sufferings later in life that neurotic vanity and grandiosity bring. Inflation and grandiosity never come without the opposite pole, namely deflation and depression. Since the sexuality is never consummated and since mother does have a relationship with father, brother or another man, the son is left feeling abandoned and betrayed. He constantly alternates between victory and defeat.(...)
(you'll find most of Dante's characteristics could be find here: http://drpetermilhado.com/men-with-a-mother-complex)

The close relationship beetwen Dante and his mother and her subsequent demise has a great weight in his behavior.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Actually Dante also has the destructive habit of destroying millions of dollars in buildings and cities. Like in the anime, episode 2, he destroys an entire bridge. Why? To kill a demon. Which was stupid because that didn't do sh*t.

Well yeah it didn't do sh*t other than stop the demon in its tracks and saved someone's life.

Granted he didn't NEED to destroy the bridge to eventually stop the demon but I doubt he could come up with another plan on the fly that not only stopped the demon but saved that guy's life (forgot his name though).

aoshi

Granted he didn't NEED to destroy the bridge to eventually stop the demon but I doubt he could come up with another plan on the fly that not only stopped the demon but saved that guy's life (forgot his name though).

I believe the term you are looking for is 'Collateral Damage'. Similar situations happen in real-life scenarios as well.

DragonMaster2010

Well yeah it didn't do sh*t other than stop the demon in its tracks and saved someone's life.

No it didn't. The motorcycle demon still rode on, and all he really did was destroy a bridge. Granted, it did slow down the punk guy who was riding after his brother.

This coming from the guy who can think up one liners on the fly and learn new weapons on the fly, but yet can't think of a plan to stop demons without completely destroying something on the fly.

Some protagonist. -_-

Few things I noticed from this videos:

Vergil is just demons annihilation machine. Totally unbalanced guy. And btw, his combos look little more DMC-like.

New rainstorm sucks. (why it change the angle of camera, and why it sooooo slooooow)

Terminus rule ^_^

It's impossible for newDante to preform combo what would look like that gif. Because he didn't have any options to move around enemy while he fights in air. (and this seems ridiculous because NT try to make accent on air combos.) He has only one atack what can "move" him in air it's a Aquila atack, if i don't forget it's name "calibur". And still, it can move him only in forward direction. DMC4 Dante can move around enemy with RG cancel, killer bee motion, interia and even with lucifier single air atack. And he has a taunt :p
And from my biased POV, DMC4 combos looks a lot more impressive then their DmC analogies. For DmC AMV like this looks better:

While DMC4 like this:
Meh, After a while DMC4 looked the same as the last combo vid I'd seen a few seconds ago.
I just have a more liking to see DmC combo vids either for the cinematic affect, or just the comboing being more basic and therefore, I could do it too.
With DMC4, it just looks like a flashing frenzy mess of lights and a lot of twitching.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Are you blind or just weren't paying attention?

Dante CAUGHT and KILLED the demon granted he destroyed a bridge in the process but one bridge is worth the fact the daily vehicular casualties that demon was causing would be gone now (so Dante not only saved one life but prevented many more future casualties).

Now all that is left to deal with are the vehicle accidents/casualties caused by humans:troll:

So Dante breaks some property while doing his job or being a hero so now he is "some protagonist" consider heroes (namely superheroes) destroy sh*t all the damn time and cause collateral damage just to defeat the bad guy and its not like he was responsible for destroying a city and causing human casualties (DmC reference).

At least unlike those heroes who break sh*t all/most of the time he actually PAID for the damage.

Top Bottom