• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Superiority complex

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Are you blind or just weren't paying attention?

Dante CAUGHT and KILLED the demon granted he destroyed a bridge in the process but one bridge is worth the fact the daily vehicular casualties that demon was causing would be gone now (so Dante not only saved one life but prevented many more future casualties).

That bridge wasn't possessed or anything. The demon was the reason for caualties not the bridge. And yeah he caught the demon, but what was the point of destroying a bridge though? Was the bridge hurting anybody or was the demon doing all that?

Now all that is left to deal with are the vehicle accidents/casualties caused by humans:troll:

Which Dante has made worse because now he's gotta pay for a destroyed bridge which didn't even need to be destroyed.

So Dante breaks some property while doing his job or being a hero so now he is "some protagonist" consider heroes (namely superheroes) destroy sh*t all the damn time and cause collateral damage just to defeat the bad guy and its not like he was responsible for destroying a city and causing human casualties (DmC reference).

True, but there's a difference between destroying property to defeat a demon, and destroying a bridge that didn't do anything to the demon at all and was just property damage in general.

At least unlike those heroes who break sh*t all/most of the time he actually PAID for the damage.

But he wouldn't need to if he didn't even shoot at the bridge at all. Why didn't he just shoot the demon since Dante's suppose to have great hand eye coordination as seen in the intro of DMC3? Remember, he shot that flying billiard ball? Why couldn't he have used that skill on the driving demon?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But he wouldn't need to if he didn't even shoot at the bridge at all. Why didn't he just shoot the demon since Dante's suppose to have great hand eye coordination as seen in the intro of DMC3? Remember, he shot that flying billiard ball? Why couldn't he have used that skill on the driving demon?

Well when your moving at God knows how many speed and the demon was moving at amazing speeds as well just attacking the demon or shooting at him won't have much affect since well its a demon plus the other guy was ahead of him he could've harmed him or got him killed and with the speeds they were moving at its quite logical the drag would have great affects on the bullets making it hard to hit let alone reach the demon and if so can't the demon just

Are you really going to complain about a F*CKING bridge? Is it your bridge? Do you own it? Is it named after you? You can repair and fix bridges but you can't bring back the people the demon drove to their death and anyone after it. You don't see me complaining every time Batman blows up a wall or Superman rams a bad guy into a building or throws someone's car at them or any action scene in the Fast and the Furious movies.....well I do complain because they tend to not make any sense a lot of the time.

He destroyed the bridge to slow down the demon so he can get a better chance of defeating it since its going so fast. Last time I checked the entire damn bridged was utterly destroyed it was just severely damage it didn't fall into the ocean/sea or anything and prior to destroying the bridge people constantly died everyday on that bridge due to that demon.

DragonMaster2010

Well when your moving at God knows how many speed and the demon was moving at amazing speeds as well just attacking the demon or shooting at him won't have much affect since well its a demon plus the other guy was ahead of him he could've harmed him or got him killed and with the speeds they were moving at its quite logical the drag would have great affects on the bullets making it hard to hit let alone reach the demon and if so can't the demon just

So...The great and powerful Son of Sparda who's got lightning fast reflexes and abnormal abilities...can't shoot a target simply because it was on a motorcycle? And that other guy could've also gotten killed if he was caught in the bridges destruction. Dante could've more then easily slightly shifted to the side and take the shot.

Are you really going to complain about a F*CKING bridge? Is it your bridge? Do you own it? Is it named after you? You can repair and fix bridges but you can't bring back the people the demon drove to their death and anyone after it. You don't see me complaining every time Batman blows up a wall or Superman rams a bad guy into a building or throws someone's car at them or any action scene in the Fast and the Furious movies.....well I do complain because they tend to not make any sense a lot of the time.

Who said I was complaining? This all started with you quoting me just because I said Dante destroyed a bridge for no reason. You're the one over-reacting about it.:/

He destroyed the bridge to slow down the demon so he can get a better chance of defeating it since its going so fast.
Bullshit. Why didn't he just shoot ahead of himself at the bridge instead of right on the side of him, thus destroying the bridge from behind? If it was to prevent others from getting caught in the whole chase, that would've been understandable, but shooting it just because is the lamest excuse the directors could go for.

Last time I checked the entire damn bridged was utterly destroyed it was just severely damage it didn't fall into the ocean/sea or anything and prior to destroying the bridge people constantly died everyday on that bridge due to that demon.

\
6:18
yeah, that bridge'll be just fine. -_-
And also, that's a horrible excuse. People die everyday on that bridge? no, people have been dying on the bridge because of the demon that Dante is JUST NOW hearing about.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
\
6:18
yeah, that bridge'll be just fine. -_-
And also, that's a horrible excuse. People die everyday on that bridge? no, people have been dying on the bridge because of the demon that Dante is JUST NOW hearing about.

Actually I was wrong but so are you.

Actually now examining the video I noticed Dante shot the bridge since the demon was emitting some sound waves that uses the bars on the bridge to amplify the sound (6:10-6:15) and ultimately possess the dude and it was even affecting Dante's senses. Technically the bridge was Dante's enemy as the demon used it against him or to his advantage destroying it made it lose that advantage. Dante shot the bars and poles to eliminate the sound and stop the guy (as well as himself) from falling into the demon's spell. So destroying the bridge did DO something. Granted shooting the bridge didn't stop the demon but it saved that guy from losing his life in the process and did help so Dante didn't shoot the damn bridge just because he felt like it.

Just because Dante was hearing about it recently doesn't mean it has been going on for a while as the biker gang even mentioned the demon rider has been around for sometime.

Also the bridge is fine only the bars and poles were in fact damaged. The rest of the bridge is still standing its not like Dante shot the frames and the foundation causing it to collapse into the ocean which would be far more tough to rebuild.

DragonMaster2010

Actually I was wrong but so are you.

Actually now examining the video I noticed Dante shot the bridge since the demon was emitting some sound waves that uses the bars on the bridge to amplify the sound (6:10-6:15) and ultimately possess the dude and it was even affecting Dante's senses. Technically the bridge was Dante's enemy as the demon used it against him or to his advantage destroying it made it lose that advantage. Dante shot the bars and poles to eliminate the sound and stop the guy (as well as himself) from falling into the demon's spell. So destroying the bridge did DO something. Granted shooting the bridge didn't stop the demon but it saved that guy from losing his life in the process and did help so Dante didn't shoot the damn bridge just because he felt like it.

So why not just go to the side a bit and shoot the demon, therefore stopping the mist and sound wave that the demon was causing, and finally ending this entire chase scene quicker?

Just because Dante was hearing about it recently doesn't mean it has been going on for a while as the biker gang even mentioned the demon rider has been around for sometime.

Sometime being what? a few days, months, years? All that time and Dante's just now doing something? Granted yes, he does have other jobs to do, but you'd think this would be something he'd have ended earlier. Like in DMC3.

Also the bridge is fine only the bars and poles were in fact damaged. The rest of the bridge is still standing its not like Dante shot the frames and the foundation causing it to collapse into the ocean which would be far more tough to rebuild.

Either way, back to my actual thoughts on it all;

damage and almost destroyed bridge=sh*t ton of money owed along with Lady being Ms. bitch and not giving Dane a cent.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Either way, back to my actual thoughts on it all;

damage and almost destroyed bridge=sh*t ton of money owed along with Lady being Ms. bitch and not giving Dane a cent.

Dante did shoot at the demon and it did NOTHING.

As for not knowing about the demon earlier considering that it was unknown that the phantom rider was a demon and the fact that the casualties were thugs and bikers who even the police thought we're a nuisance. Plus even Dante didn't even hear about the phantom rider until he was actually on the mission or faced it. Even Lady who gave Dante the job didn't hear about the rider until the police gave her the job and she researched on it and gave the job to Dante since a demon was most likely involved. I never said the phantom rider has been around for like forever but considering that its been around long enough for the bikers to consider it some kind of infamous figure indicates its been around for sometime causing deaths.

As for Lady she used his pay to pay off the damages done so she was more or less being reasonable (kind of like how she doct his pay for his mission in DMC4 due to Trish's carelessness caused it to escalate to the levels it did) and Dante didn't care afterwards. I wonder how Dante got into debt by Lady but I doubt it mattered since his debt was dealt with by DMC4 (I doubt DMC4 was a year after the DMC anime if Dante can clear his debt which he said was pretty large in that much time).

DanteStyle

但丁是我的

Question: where's the fun in that? :lol:

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
His growing debt took it all.

At least he got a decent race with the demon.^_^ I'm wondering, while we're on the topic of unnecessary damages: why does he choose to jump through the glass ceiling in DMC4? Why not just walk in through the door? Everyone was praying so it's not like they'd have spotted him right away?

DragonMaster2010

At least he got a decent race with the demon.^_^ I'm wondering, while we're on the topic of unnecessary damages: why does he choose to jump through the glass ceiling in DMC4? Why not just walk in through the door? Everyone was praying so it's not like they'd have spotted him right away?

X+superntaural+exactly.gif

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Because armed guards and the fact of him coming in would make a sound and attention would be set on him and the fact that the Order was looking for him would cause a great conflict and would get civilians caught in the crossfire. So getting closer to Sanctus via the ceiling would not only be much easier but prevent less to no civilian casualties if he went through the door and he would ultimately lose his target since all the confusion would allow for Sanctus to escape.....plus go through the door where everyone can see him.

What you expect the Order to just sit and wait there as Dante walks up to Sanctus their leader, pulls a gun out, and shoot him.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Because armed guards and the fact of him coming in would make a sound and attention would be set on him and the fact that the Order was looking for him would cause a great conflict and would get civilians caught in the crossfire. So getting closer to Sanctus via the ceiling would not only be much easier but prevent less to no civilian casualties if he went through the door and he would ultimately lose his target since all the confusion would allow for Sanctus to escape.....plus go through the door where everyone can see him.

What you expect the Order to just sit and wait there as Dante walks up to Sanctus their leader, pulls a gun out, and shoot him.

And here I was thinking he was just showing off. :lol:
I just reasoned that he'd been able to follow Nero there, without being detected, so it ought to have been a breeze. Besides, sniper much? Why didn't he just step inside, aim, and put a bullet in Sanctus' head? He could have stayed in the shadows. No one would have seen where the shot came from. He could have avoided being seen at all.
But no.
Dante just had to crash through the ceiling and have everyone on his case. XD
I wasn't expecting a proper answer, really, I was more poking fun at his odd antics than anything.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And here I was thinking he was just showing off. :lol:
I just reasoned that he'd been able to follow Nero there, without being detected, so it ought to have been a breeze. Besides, sniper much? Why didn't he just step inside, aim, and put a bullet in Sanctus' head? He could have stayed in the shadows. No one would have seen where the shot came from. He could have avoided being seen at all.
But no.
Dante just had to crash through the ceiling and have everyone on his case. XD
I wasn't expecting a proper answer, really, I was more poking fun at his odd antics than anything.

Dante wasn't only there to just to kill Sanctus he also wanted to deal with all of the Order. I mean if he killed Sanctus they would've just replaced him with a new vicar....maybe Credo since Sanctus was a former general like Credo.

Plus Sanctus lived so if anything Dante wanted to rile up the Order and throw them off in the confusion so he can hit them full force at their HQ and stop their plans.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Dante wasn't only there to just to kill Sanctus he also wanted to deal with all of the Order. I mean if he killed Sanctus they would've just replaced him with a new vicar....maybe Credo since Sanctus was a former general like Credo.

Plus Sanctus lived so if anything Dante wanted to rile up the Order and throw them off in the confusion so he can hit them full force at their HQ and stop their plans.

Considering that Ebony and Ivory can blast out a torrent of bullets faster than a machine gun, and Dante having impeccable aim, he could have just taken them all out then and there. Boom, headshot, boom, headshot, boom boom boom, dead dead dead.
But then we wouldn't have had much of a game to play.

Top Bottom