• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sum 41

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Xo FaTaL oX;85224 said:
music on the radio is bad in general
and of course i say things that are my oppion, haha ill leave it at that
and angel no one was talking to you
ppl are aloud to have disagreements

Ok, take a 7 day ban. This is my last warning though. The next ban will be permanent.

The dark knight

I dont get a warning? You know...for arguing? And saying that to angel is wrong Fatal. She is to nice of a person for someone to even IMAGINE being mean to her.

On topic: Anyone know why the band chose the name Sum 41?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The members of Sum 41 started out in rival bands in high school. Deryck Whibley and Steve Jocz played in several different bands over a 5 year period. "We stole Cone and Dave from other bands. It was actually like a systematic plan to destroy all the other competition in Ajax, and that way we eliminated every other band, and created a super band called Sum 41," Steve said. [4] They joke that they met while attending a Hole concert 41 days into the summer of 1996. According to the website Supernova, the band was originally a NOFX cover band and named Kaspir, and changed their name to Sum 41 for a Supernova show on September 28, 1996. The website also states that they were scouted by Greig Nori of Treble Charger at a Supernova show at the Opera House in Toronto on February 24, 1996. The current bassist, Cone, joined the band in 1999, after the band went through several other bassists. Cone claims the reason they were signed was that he had joined their band. After that they spent some time recording demos, praying a record company would sign them. In 1998 the band recorded a demo tape on cassette which they sent to various record companies in the hope of getting a recording contract, which they entitled "Rock Out with Your Cock Out". These Demo Tape tapes are extremely rare and are the only recordings with the original bassist Twitch.

(Taken from Wikipedia.)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The dark knight;85212 said:
So Linkin park, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking benjamin, Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, and some other ones are bad? Some of that I listed you listen to.
:lol: I was being half sarcastic (although I really cannot stand most of the bands you just listed apart from Breaking Benjamin and Linkin Park - but that's just personal taste) and also half serious about a lot of the (mainly) MySpace music that is going around these days. I'm fussy about what I listen to and I think I'm getting older and more grumpy about modern music :lol:

I expect perfection in every aspect when it comes to music but having said that, perfection is different to everyone ^_^

Xo FaTaL oX;85224 said:
music on the radio is bad in general
and of course i say things that are my oppion, haha ill leave it at that
and angel no one was talking to you
ppl are aloud to have disagreements
Honey, on these boards I OWN your ***. And you will do as you are damn well told ;) Consider yourself incredibly fortunate that Tony edited your post before I saw it because nobody - not one person - tells me to shut the **** up.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
He'll be back in 7 days - Tony gave him a temporary ban. Hopefully he'll return with a better attitude too.

The dark knight

Yeah she owns your ***. And mine....and everyone elses. *shakes in fear lol* JK. Yeah nobody tells her to shut the f word up. I shoulda thought about that Dante. Adios Kid. The adios kid part was directed at Fatal.

Quote from angel. i somehow lost the quote parts.
Honey, on these boards I OWN your ***. And you will do as you are damn well told ;) Consider yourself incredibly fortunate that Tony edited your post before I saw it because nobody - not one person - tells me to shut the **** up.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom