• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Style Guide

devil_bringer

Dark Slayer
Hey Guys,

I know i am new and actually i just wanted to ask the whole bunch of users if we all can maybe open a style guide for newbies as myself because even for me it was at the beginning a bit complicated to choose the best style for the most damage and style and so on. So i hope we all can bring our ideas and knowledge together to start this guide.
Sorry bout my english im german..xD

Thanks

aka958

Don't trust people
i can tell you right now.

Trickster is best to avoid damage and be quick around killing your enemies with speed.(if you master this you can quickly defeat your foe)

Gunslinger is for those who loves shooting far away and close on to deal great damage with guns combined with devil arms normal combos (if you master this you'll be giving great damage on enemies)

Royalguard is defensive and if you defend yourself in exact time as the attack should strike you take absolutly no damage. you can counter enemies with an attack of the charge you've got by blocking. if you do that attack exactly when an enemy should hit you then you do extremly much damage on it.(i think it is the best of the best if you master it wich is very hard)

Swordmaster is for the slashing type and is very offensive. let's you do more combos with your devil arms. my favorite style is swordmaster in dmc4. (easy to learn but harder to master to avoid damage and also deals greater damage than many).

i don't know if you cleared the game but there is one more style to gain.

try to combine style by fast switching to be even better (and makes the game more funny ofcourse)

is that a guide enough? or did you meant all attacks and combinations you can do? that would take hours to do.

devil_bringer

Dark Slayer
Yeah, Thanks that was actually enough thank u very much but i ve heard of the dreadnaught style or something and one of ure line i dont understand u said with the swordmaster style u use first combos in swordmaster style and the use the devil arm. But i thought that only Dante has different styles because only Nero has the devil arm..... Yeah i finished the human and the LDK mode already haha without any knowledge to activate the style.....xD.

Thanks for ur reply

aka958

Don't trust people
no i said devil arms... that is the weapons dante has...
you can use darkslayer by pressing on the same style as you have equipped.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
devil_bringer;151803 said:
OK Thanks but i have heard about the dreadnaught style or something like that do u know anything about that????

Dreadnaught is not a style. It is a move that can only be activated through Dante's Royal Guard Style;)

l1kel1ke

I wouldn't limit myself to one style, dmc4s quick switch system makes it so you can switch styles on the fly and get amazing results. If it helps, try switching between gunslinger and swordmaster on the fly during melee as i believe those are the 'easiest', you get some reeeally fun combos/stylish pts out of it =)

aka958

Don't trust people
i usually use trickster to get to an enemy fast if they are far away. i use mostly swordmaster and darkslayer and sometimes gunslinger. the darkslayer doesn't have much combos but it helps me when i do sword attack in air with rebellion and quickly change to darkslayer and double hit the enemy with the yamato and end with either a shotgun shot or some bullets from ebony and ivory. some of my tactics

devil_bringer

Dark Slayer
Hey thank u for ur comments i have one question to ask u. Do u find that Nero gets boring when u play him alot??? Because somehow he gets bored after the bloody palace which i mastered right now... 1 hour 43 is it good??? S Ranking....

aka958

Don't trust people
don't ask me i haven't even completed bloody palace without super dante (i suck extremly on bloody palace). and yes Nero is just an obstacle in the dmc (that's what i think). i don't like nero and he is boring.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
aka958;152069 said:
don't ask me i haven't even completed bloody palace without super dante (i suck extremly on bloody palace). and yes Nero is just an obstacle in the dmc (that's what i think). i don't like nero and he is boring.
No, no, no... NOT HIM, his style...

aka958

Don't trust people
hi what who???? wich style? if your talking about me hating nero then you should now that im not completly hate him. was a nice story in dmc4. but he kinda took over the game

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Jump cancel is a technique for canceling your attack animation, while still dealing the damage.

I'll find the video, It explains it better.

BTW I hated the swich on the fly system in DMC 4.

I played it on 360 and the directional buttons are soo sensitive, Dante would never use the one I wanted him too.

devil_bringer

Dark Slayer
oh ok thank u is it right that u will get super nero and super dante if u master the son of sparda difficulty??? Because i play on it right now

devil_bringer

Dark Slayer
Hey Guys sorry for the non related topic question but i just wanted to ask u if i should buy a XBOX360 or a Playstation 3?

Top Bottom