• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sports is outdated.

Meg

True. But I still think the actual game itself is more varied in sports.

And are you saying video games aren't expensive? We're talking about $300 for a console and $60 per game. That's pretty expensive. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;289349 said:
True. But I still think the actual game itself is more varied in sports.

And are you saying video games aren't expensive? We're talking about $300 for a console and $60 per game. That's pretty expensive. XD

But think sports being exactly the same as they have been all since they started, being played with quite the popularity and never dies. Games get their updates to keep up with the play and sports don't need any, I don't want turn based games to die out just because some people is tired of it for example.

No I'm not saying it's not expensive. Read again.

Meg

aka958;289354 said:
I didn't edit, I'm quite sure of that. <_<

An yet I know I didn't see that second bit at first. O_O

One of us is crazy. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;289356 said:
An yet I know I didn't see that second bit at first. O_O

One of us is crazy. XD

Tag! You're it!
*runs away from thread that has already filled it's purpose, leaving crazy Meg behind*

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sports games are for people who enjoy the sport, you dont like sports so no matter how much they change in a game its not going to appeal to you. Ive enjoyed the last 2 games in the Fifa series and im a big football fan being from England where most people are. There is more to a game than running around kicking a ball in a goal, theres tactics, formations, transfers of players, money managing, injuries, upgrading stats of players, and customising your own teams. They seem to expand on every system and make them deeper every year, going to get to a point where they have to introduce something drastically new though as they will run out of things to add.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;289426 said:
Sports games are for people who enjoy the sport, you dont like sports so no matter how much they change in a game its not going to appeal to you. Ive enjoyed the last 2 games in the Fifa series and im a big football fan being from England where most people are. There is more to a game than running around kicking a ball in a goal, theres tactics, formations, transfers of players, money managing, injuries, upgrading stats of players, and customising your own teams. They seem to expand on every system and make them deeper every year, going to get to a point where they have to introduce something drastically new though as they will run out of things to add.

You are talking about sports games?

I was talking about sports. :\

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;289431 said:
You are talking about sports games?

I was talking about sports. :\

Then why is it in the gaming section and not the General Discussion section?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Storm Silves;289454 said:
Perhaps he didn't know where to put it, considering sports are technically a game.

True but this is the computer gaming section and he mentioned the gaming industry and sports games in his comments so i assumed thats what he was talking about.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah. I can see how you'd make that assumption.

Alrighty then, seeing as I have nothing to contribute here, I'll just take my leave. I don't like sports discussions.

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;289456 said:
True but this is the computer gaming section and he mentioned the gaming industry and sports games in his comments so i assumed thats what he was talking about.

It's a comparison between real life sports and games. They lack constant change like gaming does and no one bash sports for that. But gaming gets alot of bashing if it gets a couple of years of the same style.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;289471 said:
It's a comparison between real life sports and games. They lack constant change like gaming does and no one bash sports for that. But gaming gets alot of bashing if it gets a couple of years of the same style.

There isnt anything you can change in real life sports. It has rules, managers, players and teams. The structure has worked for thousands of years in some sports cases and apart from the odd rule change here and there and adaptation there is little you can change. If you changed it all the time no-one would know the new rules and would lose fans.

Its taken women long enough to understand the offside rule as it is without making it more complicated. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Dark Drakan;289477 said:
There isnt anything you can change in real life sports. It has rules, managers, players and teams. The structure has worked for thousands of years in some sports cases and apart from the odd rule change here and there and adaptation there is little you can change. If you changed it all the time no-one would know the new rules and would lose fans.

Its taken women long enough to understand the offside rule as it is without making it more complicated. :lol:

:lol: True, true. But still... *looks at Starcraft* that is quite a good example of a game that gets alot of critics with it's sequel but it is so huge with it's competetive play it's a sport in Korea. xP

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Thanks Dark Drakan, I'm offended :lol: (And yes, I do know the offside rule.)

You can't compare sports and games. They are very different types of entertainment, media... whatever.
Ppl have been playing football for centuries (Apparantly the Greeks used to play football.). And to be honest, I'd rather be stood out in the cold on a dark night watching my team play rather than being sat at home deciding what game to pay next...

aka958

Don't trust people
Vergil'sB*tch;289490 said:

You can't compare sports and games. They are very different types of entertainment, media... whatever.
Ppl have been playing football for centuries (Apparantly the Greeks used to play football.). And to be honest, I'd rather be stood out in the cold on a dark night watching my team play rather than being sat at home deciding what game to pay next...

The bold part:
But everyone, I'm making this clear if someone thinks different. I'm NOT bashing sports, I'm just using it as a comparison since it doesn't get hate for being the same all the time while gaming does get alot of hate when it does for a few years.

I'm not comparing sports and games in the way you think, I'm comparing how people complain about them. All is about opinion, I know. What one rather watch/play/do/whatever is just opinion and is not what I seek with this thread.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;289490 said:

Lighthearted mocking and an in joke with me and my girlfriend (she knows the offside rule too). :p

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
Meg;289285 said:
^ I think he's just being ironic. :/

Well, to be fair I don't think that's a good analogy. Each and every time you watch or play a sport what happens is different. No two sporting events are alike while it is very common for two video games to be alike. Look at all the CoD copy cats.

And yes its true that many other industries have a lot of the same stuff in them, but this is a game forum so naturally there are going to be more discussion about games. :3
I agree on ALL accounts. ^_^

Top Bottom