• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sora(Kingdom hearts 2) could do everything Dante could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I think Sora could handle any challenge Dante had to face. Beat any demonic foe. Tackle any boss. Even fight Virgil.

Think about this one.

In KH 2 he faces heartless and nobodies. They come in many shapes sizes and abilities. They are easily equal in power to demons. I think everything Sora had to do is right on par with the challenges of DMC.

Sora fight hordes of lesser foes, just as nasty as any demon in DMC.

The bosses Sora has to fight are also hugely epic. I mean, giant shapeshifting shadow monster in the Beasts palace, a giant colossus like heartless in the pride lands, Jafar the evil genie in Agraba, Cerberus the guardian of hell(and when sora fought him he wasn't chained up), not to mention the organization 13 members he has to deal with. The list goes on. There are more KH 2 boss fights than in all 4 DMC games(Almost). Sora deals with allot.

He even fights and defeats SEPHIROTH by himself

My point is, Sora=Dante.

What do you think?:lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm really sorry but i got a little hate of sora. I know many like Kingdom hearts and it's a great game. I just don't like it. how much i look at the good parts of it it ends up me not liking it.

But doesn't Sora get all his power of the keyblade? I mean wasn't sora a normal boy before?

I can never think he had defeat Sephiroth and neither of the FF characters as i feel it is just bad rippoffs. The cerberus the gigantic shadows everything is great but i don't like how square made the FF characters in that game.

Sora isn't Dante but hey both are characters you control and Sora just like any other character in a FF game or game like the one Dante is in. He levels up and you level up your skills while your playing.

Sora = Dante
Squall = Dante
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) = Dante
Terra (FFVI)= Dante
Tidus (FFX)= Dante
Zidane (FFIX)= Dante
Zack (FFVII)= Dante
Cloud (FFVII)= Dante

seems like every of these characters meets gigantic bosses and they are main characters of the games they are in and they are more characters that do that.
Every FF game you can get that ultimate "god status" with best equip and highest levels. And the FF games also got great monsters and machines.
Ryu Hayabusa fights gigantic Dragons, Fossil Dinosaurs, Snow monsters, A unbelievable power and much more.

The conclusion:
They are main characters of a game it is the point that they should beat every enemy of the game. They end up strong because your good at the game and nothing else.

And yeah Sora is like Dante :p

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^So ummm you agree?

On top of that you also think most final fantasy characters are also on par with Dante.o_O

On another note I have to disagree with you on why you don't like the KH series.

Same reason most final fantasy fans don't like it. Cause you precious final fantasy characters took a back seat to Sora and the gang.

I think that all the Characters personalities where faithfully recreated just about perfectly. When you think about it you are just missing the whole point of the game by getting hung up on final fantasy fanboyisum. Just because Cloud or whoever didn't have a big enough part or something you dismiss the whole game.

Its a great game and if you could forget about final fantasy for one second you could see that. I mean I'm a final fantasy fan and I thought thier roles in the story where just about where they should have been.

With the exception of Cid Highwind, they should not have done that to him....but that is only one character.

Still KH is good and artistic in a simplistic kind of way.

Or it isn't and I read to much into things, that is possible.

aka958

Don't trust people
No not about them not being a main character it is just that they look awful.
They made seifer a little kid with a foam bat or something. wtf?! Squalls not the same either.
I don't know where cloud got that new sword.
It is a great game i am sure and i am sure i would like it. The final fantasy characters being made so bad makes me not like the game, that's all.
I haven't played it but it is great i know it already but that doesn't change it image.
I like it but at the same time dislike it o_O

Most characters are like dante. Because almost every game you meet a sort of archenemy or an extremly big danger. Or at least the FF series where you always kill something that endangers the world.
The Doom series also, Prince or Persia series (not the oldest ones like Snes and Nes versions), Ninja Gaiden series and surely more.

Railazel

aka958;180966 said:
No not about them not being a main character it is just that they look awful.
They made seifer a little kid with a foam bat or something. wtf?! Squalls not the same either.
I don't know where cloud got that new sword.

I can actually explain this for you. You see, the character's change to fit the mood of the game. I know, I would like to see them in their original designs as well, but the character's in KH play a different role than they did in their home games. So, Square Enix made slight changes so that the characters could fit their roles more properly. You get it?

Anyways, I kind of agree that Sora can face Dante's challenges, but that's basically the same with almost all game characters.

aka958

Don't trust people
... I know that but it's like everyone lives in different times... Why is seifer a kid and Squall older than him? and why does Squall have that name Leon in the Kingdom Hearts series? I know his last name is Lionheart and there it might be a connection but that is his last name... He maybe had Leon as his name as a kid (i dunno -.-) and changed later but then his name should be squall now.

I can't say anything else because i haven't looked into it.

The Enigmatic Man

Legendary Devil Hunter
aka958;181030 said:
... I know that but it's like everyone lives in different times... Why is seifer a kid and Squall older than him? and why does Squall have that name Leon in the Kingdom Hearts series? I know his last name is Lionheart and there it might be a connection but that is his last name... He maybe had Leon as his name as a kid (i dunno -.-) and changed later but then his name should be squall now.

I can't say anything else because i haven't looked into it.

They actually explain the whole "Leon" thing in Kingdom Hearts. If you read his profile in Jimminy's Journal they say that after Squall failed to save his world from the unknown menace that was the heartless, he fled in shame and changed his name so no one would recognize him as the man who failed his world. In actuality it makes no reference to Balamb or anything from Final Fantasy VIII, but instead Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden because in the KH Universe every FF character is from there.

I do agree with you about the Seifer situation or that somehow Areis didn't get Sephiroth's epic sword stabbed in her back >.> But to play as a character who gets to meet and converse with the most popular Final Fantasy characters is amazing in itself. Just seeing Cloud and Squall in extremely improved graphics, not to mention actual voice actors makes it a fun experience. However, do I wish all of them stuck more to their story? Absolutely. That whole Showdown of Fate where Cloud and Sephiroth debated about Cloud's "darkness" had no real relevance to FFVII but it was entertaining to watch.

Anyway, staying on topic: Sora does deal with a lot of challenges similar to Dante but Dante never really breaks a sweat in most of the fights where as on the other hand, you can tell when Sora is putting his heart and soul into saving the world. Meanwhile, the ever so arrogant Dante is usually just looking for some action.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Railazel;181027 said:
I can actually explain this for you. You see, the character's change to fit the mood of the game. I know, I would like to see them in their original designs as well, but the character's in KH play a different role than they did in their home games. So, Square Enix made slight changes so that the characters could fit their roles more properly. You get it?

Exactly, they make a few minor changes and the FF fans complain.

And about Seifer, I thought is was just some kid with the same name.

It doesn't say anything about a connection to Leon in the Journal.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'll complain as much as I want :p .

And i didn't know i was a fan of the series!
YAY I'M A FF FAN!

What journal?

That isn't really FF characters in the game if all come from the same place... It is character who looks almost like them but with minor changes and some had changes in their name. But they aren't FF characters because they got no history of the FF stories.
If they where FF characters then we wouldn't need Sora for we have a gigantic heroic army.
But it doesn't matter anymore as i know they just look like the FF characters and have their names but they aren't them at all.

Also i think we have slipped away to a off topicness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom