• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some thoughts from a long time fan

darkslaying101

Who here thinks that DMC4 looks just like God of War 2 from a graphical standpoint. It's really the same imo, just with better resolution,antialiasing and no cliping issues. Oh and Before I start reading BS from next gen fanboys...yes the water does look better in DMC4 but thats about it.(I have the ps3 version BTW)

And call me crazy if you want, but I definitely think DMC3 is still the king of the DMC hill. Dante and vergil are still so much fun to play. I finished DMC4 last night and all it really did was remind me of how much I love playing DMC3 and even if DMC4 looks a bit better, DMC3 is just pure technical hellish combo perfection.

Capcom you did great with DMC4 and I am not saying that graphics are all that matters. But I hear so many people saying that this game looks unbelivable.....hmmm...it looks ok. But anything that looks at least as good as DMC1 or 3 would have been enough for me so im not complaining at all. I just think some people could mislead next gen graphic fanatics into thinking that DMC4 is the best looking ps3 game....believe it or not some people are making such claims at other boards.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I agree that DMC3 is probably still the best DMC game so far, but I can't say I agree with the graphical part.

Now, you've gotta look at this as graphical being the quality of the appearance of the game, as opposed to how 'real' it looks. Devil May Cry 4 doesn't look real, but then again I havent seen many games that have come even close to photorealistic anyway.

However, comparing to its predecessors the game looks great, its a lot cleaner, and the textures look their best yet. Not to mention Berial, who I thought looked stunning.

DMC4 doesnt look beautiful, but it sure as hell looks great. If your comparing to DMC3, its definitely better graphically. DMC3 was a great looking for PS2 though, so its no wonder the graphical style is the same.

darkslaying101

It does look a bit better than DMC3, I was comparing it to god of war 2 with a smoother look actually. I think it just feels like a step back from games like heavenly sword regarding graphics at least.

Bottom line is that I expected a bit more from the looks department. But graphics aside DMC3 is still first place to me.

Top Bottom