• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So will DmC 2 be made?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Was not expecting that!:blink: It makes no sense. Especially with how the novel put it. So Vergil sleeps with a hooker when he was (how old?)....and Nero's the result? Good grief! If Nero has to be Vergil's son, he needs a new origin story that doesn't go 'Daddy was horny and paid a hooker' then left after knocking up said hooker and then jumped into hell, got ensaved and then died and then Nero somehow ends up in an orphanage and gets taken into The orer of the sword.
The guy also needs a personality transplant to be more in line with Vergil. Sure, I can accept his need to protect Kyrie and risking becoming a demon to do it. It's like Vergil and his inability to protect Eva. But...that's about is as far as Nero and Vergil being alike.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
People are delusional...DmC story was so cliche and everyone knew what was going to happen like a year and a half ago before the game came out....we have already seen DmC's story done so many times...it takes stuff from other games,media,and books,etc...the character development was crap....all the money they put in not only not giving the original Dante to superbot studios as they wanted to feature him in PSAS but they denied them and gave them Dino....they wasted alot of money in using that absurd studio that was used to make avatar...and the game looks like crap and plays like crap...Im sorry but this game is horrible by many standards...Im glad its not selling....DMC 4 was an outstanding game...yea the story was meh but atleast Nero is a more likeable character than Dino Vino and kat put together...in DMC 4 they gave you the chance to play as Vergils son...You get the possibilty to understand that Vergil got it on at a young age to have a son...
oh and what irritates me is that through out the whole entire DmC game they kept saying mundus's name wrong...its Mundus not Mondus...idiots and its sad to see that he was this amazing demon fallen angel, the prince of Darkness...to be a evil business banker in this one...facepalm

images

your statement is false in many aspects!
for starter "they pronounce his name wrong" actually his name is latin for world. and is pronounced MOON DOOS. DmC actually made his name relavant by having him literally control every aspect of the world other than the day to day weather. in DMC1 he was indeed the prince of darkness but there is nothing orignial about a hero killing the devil.

you claim the story is unoriginal... because of all those books we have about a angel/demon hybrid fighting demons who have ensalved humanity via deciet? whats that? those books dont exist? huh well i guess you were making that up. DmCs plot takes cues from various establishments V for vendetta, darkworld etc. then you have the BALLS to claim DMC4 was a brilliant and far superior game!
Joker.gif

. DMC4 nero was motivated in that he really wanted to get laid by kyrie. say what you will but in the end. THAT was his goal. to be Vergils son either A. Dante is now in his mid forties or B. Vergil was a very fetile 8 year old. you pick. and how does nero develop? he....doesnt. at all. he just doesnt try to kill dante. thats the only difference in his character fom the first level of the game. DmC dante goes through a whole arc where he gains appreciation of humanity, the underlings, and learns about the morality of demons theyre not all evil. might is never right etc etc.

and finally, you say the game plays like crap. well imma sit here with this giant pile of possitive reviews about the gameplay and you just sit there complaining.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
But how come his DT looks kinda like Vergil in DMC1? :blink:

Actually, his DT aura looks like the Savrio combined with Ichigo's Hollow form, go ahead and compare the two.

I'me sorry, no, a localization member is not story staff, and the fact Kobayashi specifically stated DMC4 as being ten years after DMC3 4, and also the fact vergil 19 in DMC3 as stated by Itsuno, and Nero is the same age Dante(and vergil) was in DMC3 in DMC4...means VERGIL IS NOT NERO'S FATHER.

Bingo wanted this to be the connection, he was over ruled, so he wrote his alt universe version as Deadly Fortune, which is non-canon. DEal with it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
and finally, you say the game plays like crap. well imma sit here with this giant pile of possitive reviews about the gameplay and you just sit there complaining.

I'll just be saying this. I don't mind if someone is crititcal of the game, that is welcomed here, but using a word like 'crap' just isn't a good enough reason. Use a different word and back up the claim with facts or why in that person's opinion the game is 'crap'.

788Masri

I'll just be saying this. I don't mind if someone is crititcal of the game, that is welcomed here, but using a word like 'crap' just isn't a good enough reason. Use a different word and back up the claim with facts or why in that person's opinion the game is 'crap'.

m8 HE said the game was crap. not me, read his post

Dante the Demon slayer

images

your statement is false in many aspects!
for starter "they pronounce his name wrong" actually his name is latin for world. and is pronounced MOON DOOS. DmC actually made his name relavant by having him literally control every aspect of the world other than the day to day weather. in DMC1 he was indeed the prince of darkness but there is nothing orignial about a hero killing the devil.

you claim the story is unoriginal... because of all those books we have about a angel/demon hybrid fighting demons who have ensalved humanity via deciet? whats that? those books dont exist? huh well i guess you were making that up. DmCs plot takes cues from various establishments V for vendetta, darkworld etc. then you have the BALLS to claim DMC4 was a brilliant and far superior game!
Joker.gif

. DMC4 nero was motivated in that he really wanted to get laid by kyrie. say what you will but in the end. THAT was his goal. to be Vergils son either A. Dante is now in his mid forties or B. Vergil was a very fetile 8 year old. you pick. and how does nero develop? he....doesnt. at all. he just doesnt try to kill dante. thats the only difference in his character fom the first level of the game. DmC dante goes through a whole arc where he gains appreciation of humanity, the underlings, and learns about the morality of demons theyre not all evil. might is never right etc etc.

Completely agree

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I'me sorry, no, a localization member is not story staff, and the fact Kobayashi specifically stated DMC4 as being ten years after DMC3 4, and also the fact vergil 19 in DMC3 as stated by Itsuno, and Nero is the same age Dante(and vergil) was in DMC3 in DMC4...means VERGIL IS NOT NERO'S FATHER.

Bingo wanted this to be the connection, he was over ruled, so he wrote his alt universe version as Deadly Fortune, which is non-canon.
How about you actually provide a source about DMC4 taking place 10 years after DMC3. Just because he is a localization member doesn't make his info any less valid.

And ofcourse, there is also the japanese only DMC4 novels. http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html

DEal with it.
I think it is in fact you who needs to:

dr__steve_brule__deal_with_it_by_mannymo777-d33jsoi.jpg

788Masri

How about you actually provide a source about DMC4 taking place 10 years after DMC3. Just because he is a localization member doesn't make his info any less valid.

And ofcourse, there is also the japanese only DMC4 novels. http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html

while probable that Nero is Vergils son. it has yet to be established past the creative phase. so yh. he both is and isnt.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

From Kobayashi, the DIRECTOR http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/10/interview-hiroy/
"Lady appeared in 3, and now she’s about ten years older than she was in that one, but she’s grown up very nicely, as you’ll see."
Time line SET; ten year gap between DMC3 and 4.

Which Bingo wrote it AFTER he left Capcom and it contridicts the game's own events mutiple times. Read the info, and it's a joke, especially since we're left to believe that Nero somehow got his hands on DiY books and parts for building a gun in a city-nation that FORBIDS firearms. the fact that it has not been published outside of Japan and quickly went out of print also should tell you something...

Twins were 8 when Eva died, DMC1 is twenty years later, Dante/Vergil = 28. DMC3 is when they are 19, and DMC4 is ten years lafter DMC3. Dante\Vergil = 29. Nero is given that his age that is the same as Dante was in DMC3, so 19-abouts. Ergo, Nero was about ten during DMC3's events, and Vergil was nine when Nero was concieved. Therefore, he CANNOT be Vergil's son, no matter how much Bingo wanted it. This is all info stated in game, in offical materials and interviews. I know you so want Nero to be Vergil's illegitimate love child even thought it's completely contrary to Vergil's character and motivations just so that Vergil continued his "legacy" in DMC4, but it doesn't work. DEAL WITH IT.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Twins were 8 when Eva died, DMC1 is twenty years later, Dante/Vergil = 28. DMC3 is when they are 19, and DMC4 is ten years lafter DMC3. Dante\Vergil = 29. Nero is given that his age that is the same as Dante was in DMC3, so 19-abouts. Ergo, Nero was about ten during DMC3's events, and Vergil was nine when Nero was concieved. Therefore, he CANNOT be Vergil's son, no matter how much Bingo wanted it. This is all info stated in game, in offical materials and interviews. I know you so want Nero to be Vergil's ******* love child even thought it's completely contrary to Vergil's character and motivations just so that Vergil continued his "legacy" in DMC4, but it doesn't work. DEAL WITH IT.
I didn't ask for your own fan made theory, I asked for a source where it says DMC4 takes place after DMC3.

AlchemistFromEden

I didn't ask for your own fan made theory, I asked for a source where it says DMC4 takes place after DMC3.
lol if you don't believe that dmc4 takes place after dmc3, then i don't think you should REALLY be trying to discuss on the matter because its fairly obvious you don't really know the series chronology
-anime
this is the chronology, there's no debating this

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Those time frames and dates are not "fan made theory" they're right off interviews and the timelines in the games and other offical materials. And I GAVE you the inteview and quote, thank you for ignoring such like I should have expected.
Well lookie there, you put it inside the quote. I missed it entirely. Sorry about that.

Top Bottom