• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So...is he stronger?

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Hi Everyone! I'm new here, and I'm excited to be here as well!

So anyway I got through with playing DmC (loved it!) and I couldn't help but wonder something;

Since new Dante is half angel half demon...does that make him technically stronger then old Dante?

I'm new to the series, and I've really only played DMC1, and DmC. I haven't played the others yet so I was wondering, is this the case?

Because in DMC1, Dante only sealed Mundus back into his tomb, but in DmC, Dante killed Mundus for good, who was a god just like old Mundus.

Plus old Dante was half demon half human, while new Dante's half Angel half demon. So I can't help but feel new Dante is stronger what with having to great powers on him.

So I just wanna know. Does all this technically make new Dante stronger then DMC Dante?

By the way this is my first thread^_^

Onecrazymonkey1

Welcome!

I think they are trolling you because they don't like the game themselves so just ignore him/her whatever.
If you liked the new one and the first you will probably like DMC3 as well!

I'm actually not sure if it has been said if he is stronger or not but I would assume he is myself.

Anyway, if you guys don't like the game that's fine but does everyone need to constantly spoil the fun for the people that do? How mature.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Welcome!

I think they are trolling you because they don't like the game themselves so just ignore him/her whatever.
If you liked the new one and the first you will probably like DMC3 as well!

I'm actually not sure if it has been said if he is stronger or not but I would assume he is myself.

Really? Are they like the guys at Capcom Unity, cause that place was awful.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
At this moment in time we cannot really say until the next installment of DmC if there ever is going to be one. I say that because he has a DT in DmC but not Angel Trigger? So if he gets and Angel Trigger or a combination of the two it might make him pretty dam powerful. The part of his DT that makes limbo go nuts and throw enemies into the air might be to part of his angel powers too so who knows maybe there is already some combination going on. He also has access to angel weapons which could be more effective vs demons than demon weapons and so far just with this game they are pretty op being able to lock enemies down and keep them away. The old Dante was also said to be so strong because of his human side. There was more to explain that but I forget. So right now it's all just speculation but if you ask me angel/demon hybrid >human/demon hybrid

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
He is not stronger than Original Dante. Yet. Just because he is half angel-half demon doesn't mean he is already stronger. Mundus is just a demon yet he is overpowering dante when the hell gate is open. In the original DMCs, Dante can already access his demon form and battled original Mundus intro the freaking outer space or sky while pummeling asteroids and freaking huge lasers. He even battled Mundus to hell itself, defeated him there and sealed him while he is the human world.

Oh, i forgot that Original dante already defeated other two demon kings such as Argosax the chaos and Abigail.
There is no comparison between the two as of yet.

Personally I think this about sums it up.

tumblr_mhiekxUbFX1rll28uo1_1280.jpg

KillerIsDeadFor Real

He is not stronger than Original Dante. Yet. Just because he is half angel-half demon doesn't mean he is already stronger. Mundus is just a demon yet he is overpowering dante when the hell gate is open. In the original DMCs, Dante can already access his demon form and battled original Mundus intro the freaking outer space or sky while pummeling asteroids and freaking huge lasers. He even battled Mundus to hell itself, defeated him there and sealed him while he is the human world.

Oh, i forgot that Original dante already defeated other two demon kings such as Argosax the chaos and Abigail.
There is no comparison between the two as of yet.

Whos argosax and abigail? are they in the other games cause I've only played DmC and DMC1.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Whos argosax and abigail? are they in the other games cause I've only played DmC and DMC1.

Argosax was a Boss in dmc2 Dante beat and used to be a ruler of the demon world. Abigail was in the Anime, though a lesser demon was just using Abigails form and powers so it was as easy fight but none the less Dante probably could have killed the original too

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't know. I'd say new Dante is still mastering his powers and getting to know his full potential. He's still pretty confused by the end of the game about what he is. So he's still got a way to go before he becomes fully powerful.

Top Bottom