• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Snow ... Friend Or Foe ??

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I thought i would make this thread as record snowfall in the UK in 30 years has fallen in almost all areas ( even by the coasts )
So is snow a friend or foe ?

My arguement for snow being a friend is
Snow gives a chance come together as a community buliding a massive snowman :) and snowball fights but lucky no-one bought a gun to the snowball fight :lol::lol:...
I know that wasnt a massive reason for snow being a friend but in my opinion snow is a foe as when the temperature falls it freezes and causes dangerous driving conditions and you cant walk away with out falling over.
Snow fell from midnight and continued until 8am ... 8 hours of heavy snow fall .. thats cant be good and people cant get into work causing the economy to take a turn when its in a unstable conditions away ...

Anyway what do you think ... Friend or foe ??

Keaton

Premium
Friend for some because its a great excuse not to go to work/college etc :D
But also a foe, for those like me, driving in the snow can be treacherous, its easy to lose traction and slide somewhat and its an odd experience when it happens. Plus, don't forget all those poor souls stranded on motorways because their cars gave up on them ^^

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I would be perfectly fine with snow if it were something that happened at 70 degrees F.

Speaking of temperature, I looked up my town on the Weather Channel site, saw 16 degrees, and thought, "That's not too bad." This is very, very sad.

Keaton

Premium
^Weather here predicts more Snow all night, tomorrow and over the weekend.
I've got to get back to uni and get some editing done :S eep!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Foe at the moment, at Christmas it would have been nice and although it make areas look pretty its a pain to drive in.

Meg

i don't like snow. sure i sometimes get snow days which are great, but my dad's job requires a lot of driving.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Strangely in Cornwall (UK) The north of the county has had the worst of the snow, and here in the west, we've had torrential rain... with some snow, sleet and thunder, but mostly rain. Our bird bath in the garden is a complete block of ice.
The last time we had weather like this was back in 1979. My mum remembers it well as (my brother) her son was in hospital and died in the January of that year.

For me foe... My soccer team has lost out on 5 matches due to being postponed.
You get kids in the street, attacking everyone they see with snowballs (not fun. If they did that to Vergil, he'd probably chop em' to bits with yamato... at which i would stand and applaud).
I've got sensitive skin and at the moment i've got some chaps on my hands, and one mean chap around my nose. The cold weather has also given me a smelly/stinky cold. The smell is making me feel sick....
My mum doesn't like it (last night proved that with snow, you can have thunder too... she hates thunder)...Plus our kitten doesn't like it either.
What really gets me is how the country grinds to a halt. For some, its very infurating....
Sorry, i'm ranting.

To those of you in the UK on the forum that drive, be careful in this weather.
(I've heard the word treacherous more this year than any other year)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Foe foe FOE! Snow means cold, and cold is BAD for me! I'm VERY temperature sensitive. In the summer, not so much. In the winter... Well... VERY MUCH SO! Snow by itself is great, but the temperatures it requires to form... I hate them.

Pantera Queen

For me foe. I'm not exactly cold weather's biggest fan. I get terribly.It's hard to get around places I wanna go to because of the snow. Sometimes it gets really cold that I can't even go outside.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I'm not partial to either side. I can't drive, so I don't care, my bike has a puncture, so I'd be walking anyway, just means putting on an extra layer or two when I'm out and about, but it's cold so it's not exactly a friend. So, impartial is my answer :p

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, today we actually got some snow.
It fell at about 8:30am.
I'd rather have cold weather than hot. Hot weather makes me all itchy and sweaty...gross!

MasterOfEvil

Yes, I attack inanimate objects
Premium
Friend .... We rarely get snow, so I love it when it snows. And it gives me an excuse to miss work :lol: But when it snows it don't stick, so it's not really that bad. :D

Top Bottom