• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Signs of a dying laptop?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've done everything.
It's improved a little, but I think i'm gonna have to get it to the repair shop just incase.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Seems you've tried pretty much everything by this point. I read about your CPU usage spiking up to 98%. That's definitely not good. It's possible that your antivirus is out of date and can't detect what's there, but if your only option is to get it to a repair shop, well by all means go for it.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Im also for changing an antivirus to new beacuse this sudden CPU usage can be some kind of virus, I heard somewhere that viruses can imitate even GFX card drivers of those Integrated GFXs exist and can badly use CPU to point that it can overheat from them.

Dark Drakan

Admin
What Anti-Virus program do you use & do you keep it updated? Could you screenshot your running processes from Task Manager or CCleaner startup etc?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I didn't get it to the shop today (my new tablet got revenge for giving a good night's sleep).

What Anti-Virus program do you use & do you keep it updated? Could you screenshot your running processes from Task Manager or CCleaner startup etc?

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, and It's updated everyday.
Screenshot of task manager.
8476536381_109ec83771_b.jpg

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, and It's updated everyday.
From what I know MSE doesn't have very good anti-virus features. It's better to go to a vendor that has a concentrated effort behind it such as Avast rather than Microsoft who are very thinned out across many sectors.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
From what I know MSE doesn't have very good anti-virus features. It's better to go to a vendor that has a concentrated effort behind it such as Avast rather than Microsoft who are very thinned out across many sectors.

I haven't had a very good experience with other anti-viruses.
I once had Avira on this laptop and it got corrupted (it cost quite a bit of money to sort the laptop out because of it).
(And i really liked Avira because it was simple to keep updated)

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I haven't had a very good experience with other anti-viruses.
I once had Avira on this laptop and it got corrupted (it cost quite a bit of money to sort the laptop out because of it).
(And i really liked Avira because it was simple to keep updated)
I've never used Avira so I don't know too much about how it works. I've always used Avast and it's always done me well; it updates pretty much everyday automatically and has some very useful features that are easy to understand.
If your willing you should definitely give it a try.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive always used AVG free & kept that updated and not had any virus issues for many years. Only time ive ever had issues is when ive paid for expensive Anti-Virus software (Norton) & it ended up corrupting my windows after deciding my Windows Registry files were viruses. I will look into those processes you have running and check they are all essential.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I use a combination of Avast! and a MalwareBytes check every so often. Seems to do the job.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
A dell power adapter that's reading as faulty? Why i've never seen that happen before! /internet sarcasm

Most cases i've heard of this have ended with a replaced AC adapter, some cases have been resolved with a BIOS update but that's not as common a fix as the replacement is, sometimes it's even something as simple as a fussy connection but if you're REALLY unlucky it could be that the connection on your system board has broken.

Do you tend to wrap the AC cables around stuff by any chance?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Ah... *then why didn't it say that it was faulty XD *

No. The cable is always kept in the open and in an open space (with no obstacles)

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I've never come across a dell product that hasn't had at least one part of it made of something that breaks so easily that one would think it was MEANT to do that *spooky conspiracy theory music*

I'd be tempted to get somebody to look at the AC adapter and the ac connection port on the laptop to make sure.

As for your slowdown issues, everybody here has given better advice then i would have given. For the record this advice would be "NEEDS MOOAAAAAAAR RAM" as science has proven that this has always fixed all of my (lack of ram) problems
learn.gif

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yea >.> I know it's a pain the in butt, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

A new cable and upgrade RAM? It's just gonna be cheaper to buy a new computer.

Linux seems like the only wise option here.. when i first installed Vista it was very poor in handling PC resources&memory as it started slowing down

and Vista is really Infamous with Laptops.... and the worst part is that it comes pre-loaded and you can't even re-install it

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Linux seems like the only wise option here.. when i first installed Vista it was very poor in handling PC resources&memory as it started slowing down

and Vista is really Infamous with Laptops.... and the worst part is that it comes pre-loaded and you can't even re-install it

I'll be honest, I'm a bit wary with messing around with the OS.
I've heard all too often the pain in the butt that Vista is with laptops. (I didn't know that at the time of buying the laptop)

Top Bottom