• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Signature removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Seeing as there are so many people here who cannot or will not bother to keep their signatures to a sensible limit, I shall be without warning deleting all signatures I personally deem to be too big.

You will be more than aware by now that spoiler tags are no longer in effect on this site thanks to a lack of official support from XenForo and unsupported mods created by users are not a good idea to implement in case something goes wrong. As soon as XF start offering full support for some of these optional mods we will be able to look at reintroducing them. Until that happy day, the sigs are going to have to be vastly toned down. It's causing loading and browsing issues for a lot of people and whilst they can opt out of viewing signatures, not everyone has the option when browsing from somewhere other than a computer. Plus it's damn ugly.

If you want an example of how large a sig ought to be then take a look at those users who have not had theirs deleted. This isn't a personal thing so don't get all snippy over it either - some sigs are simply too big.

This is not up for debate, discussion or anything else beginning with the letter D. Or indeed any other sort of letter. If you have a problem with this decision I suggest you get over it very quickly because nothing is going to change just because some pixel-challenged halfwit has a whinge about his or her precious signature. Don't PM me over it - I honestly could not care less. It annoys me that I even have to drag my backside out of retirement to do this.

Hope some of you have backed up...

Oh, and as an added incentive to not immediately replace your enormous signature with an equally large one out of some sort of misguided rebellion, anyone caught doing so will be instantly banned. Without warning or reprieve. Because it would seem some of you children don't respond to anything else.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
*sigh* You know what Angel? I promised myself the last time I saw you do one of your unnecessarily condescending threads that the next time I would have a go at you about it regardless of the guaranteed consequences for doing so just to teach you a lesson about what power you think you possess over the members here. It seems as though just because you are an admin/mother you have some kind of misplaced air of superiority and feel you have a right to treat and talk to people like sh*t because you know they won't cross you. What you do is often justified, it's your "if you don't like it get over it or your banned" holier-than-thou attitude you need to work on. I've seen it before from admins sometimes people just have to be told regardless.

When I read that I came over all scared like I had just been told off by a teacher or something and then realized just how stupid of a reaction that was and smiled to myself. I am sitting here 22 years of age, about to become a fully qualified electrician, just starting to get back a respectable social life and the worse thing you can do to me is delete some account I have had on a videogame forum for 4 years on and off, and you think you have a right to talk to people in such an arrogant way just because your the king of the mountain and can’t be touched? Do you think waving your banhammer around actually scares me? That it should scare anyone? You’re not some kind of Zen robot who is beyond all flaws. No matter who you are and what you have been through your human being just like the rest of us. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean your occasional moody/childish moments don't exist.

If you are not interested in this forum or are too busy for it and couldn't care less about its future you have no obligation to be here, there are plenty of other staff members. Hand your administrative power over to someone else or leave it in the hands of someone with equal power. (Your comment about being forced to drag yourself back here threw me so whatever the situation) I am sure the whole place isn't resting on your shoulders and if it is that can surely be changed. This isn't even about your activity and responsibilities anyway, just your attitude when you make your announcements.

I have been looking for a way to delete my own account so I could do so immediately after this is posted to make a point about what little meaning it actually has but cba to keep looking or inquire about it so instead of falling on my own sword in a spectacularly cinematic fashion i'll allow you the satisfaction of "making an example out of me for crossing the big boss" Enjoy pressing the big important button. And learn to deal with people in a more respectful way; people have been banned here for having attitudes like yours.

^ If you can't be bothered to read my "angsty speech" as you like to put it, it basically says;

"stop talking to people like they are sh*t on your shoe, im not scared of you and what you can do to me, and neither should any of the other members here"

If you want to ban me for calling you on it like your a normal person fill your boots.

Darth out, permanently no doubt.

(Wow that was awfully exiting and brave of me wasn’t it? Just call me El Che)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
When I read that I came over all scared like I had just been told off by a teacher or something and then realized just how stupid of a reaction that was and smiled to myself. I am sitting here 22 years of age, about to become a fully qualified electrician, just starting to get back a respectable social life and the worse thing you can do to me is delete some account I have had on a videogame forum for 4 yea
i was reading for a bit, but then i got about that far, saw where it was going, and thought i'd just reply there and then before i read the big black text, different from the other black text only in sheer volume.

so allow me to interrupt your lengthy cry for attention, because i have a question that's nagging. do you honestly think that she posted that entire announcement directed at everyone as a personal attack on you?
k.

^ If you can't be bothered to read my "angsty speech" as you like to put it, it basically says;
"stop talking to people like they are sh*t on your shoe, im not scared of you and what you can do to me, and neither should any of the other members here"

If you want to ban me for calling you on it like your a normal person fill your boots.

Darth out, permanently no doubt.

(Wow that was awfully exiting and brave of me wasn’t it? Just call me El Che)
oh come on, it's not like you just ran the big bad principle out of high school and all your classmates are cheering.

if you're really 22 and about to be certified or however you would like to establish some small self-satisfying proof of maturity, it pretty much just gets erased by the fact that you just flew off the handle on a woman who's 9 months pregnant.

View attachment 16

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
You know what? I had a response to this and then just thought "what's the point?" You clearly just want me to fly off the handle and ban you or something but then that just shows how very little you know me. At all.

It's your opinion, of course, but I think you've read something there that isn't there in the first place -you've taken it as a personal attack and I have no idea why. But that's your call. Next time I get one of the PM's that cause me to have to make certain announcements and decisions, I'll pass it onto you so you can see exactly what the bigger picture is - then maybe you won't take something as innocuous as this as such a personal attack on you. If this post has come across as a little abrupt, it's not intentional.

But thank you for your input :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
The rules are there follow them and everyone shall get along fine. If someone asked you to remove your shoes before coming into their home would you see it as a personal attack because you like wearing your shoes or because you are allowed in your own home? Respect other peoples views and this isnt your house this is our house and if we tell members to do something we expect them to respect that and do it.

We arent here to make a minorities life more difficult we are here to make the majorities life easier and their forum browsing easier and more enjoyable. Having a huge sig might look nice to you but for hundreds of others it makes browsing a less enjoyable experience with longer loading times and scrolling issues, especially those that browse on their phones from time to time like me.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Guys, sigs are slowly starting to get bigger again. Can you please bear in mind that large signatures are not allowed and will be removed without warning. You've all had ample time to get yourselves familiar with this concept and the staff would appreciate your cooperation without moaning at us when your sig is deleted.

Back up your images if you don't want to lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom