• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

... How would you like for them to appear?

If you should take the reboot in consideration from what we have seen from the trailer and heard the developers say in interviews and such, then how would you like for other former characters to appear in this game?

We've heard some theories here and there, but this thread is to gather those ideas for character concepts. And these characters could be Sparda, Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Lucia... just to mention a few...

Post your ideas and discuss away. ^^

VirgilTheart

Re: Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero et

I figured immediately that Vergil will probably be in this game, but then I tried to think of how they might aim to westernize him. Considering his Japanese flair, he seemed like a character that could really be damaged as a result of the westernization.

I thought up an idea that worked in my mind for a western Vergil; Yamato is replaced with a sabre and Vergil's clothing resembles Sparda's DMC3 outfit more, though blue. Now note, I would very much prefer Yamato as Yamato, but let's be honest here; it sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison to Sparda/Force Edge and Rebellion. That said, Yamato's possibly my favorite of Sparda's weapons. And it being altered to a sabre, a sword that exudes class and regality (like Vergil), would be a great fit for Vergil. :D

aoshi

Re: Should other former characters return... (Discussion about Vergil, Trish, Nero et

Yes, This would mean a return of vergil - 'To retain essence of the series' has been comment from ninja theory. I want to see vergil's design. I am sure vergil fans would rage if they add elements like alcohol or hanging out in brothels. But really don't know wat they got.:lol:

devilaX96

Alucard's apprentice

It would be nice if they atleast kept their personalities (of the characters) :D Still tho it would be interesting to see Trish'es and Vergil's new looks. :D

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

if Vergil showed up he would probably be more dignified than Dante. he would probably have a modern western look but something classier and definitly cleaner than what dante has. since Yamato is a japanese name it will probably stay a katana if it shows up. they might just replace it with something else. i hope not but if they did maybe a rapier would work after all it was the standard weapon of europeian noblility.

if Nero showed up he would probably be changed in the same way as the new Dante.

Lady and Trish could keep their dmc4 looks and fit in a western game perfectly. but i'm guessing if they do show up they will be wearing even less.

Vampi

Vergil has sumthing to say about this...

f27afd774819a288905c4ed.jpg

No but seriously, if he is in the game, he'll probably won't have the complexity of DMC 3 Vergil. For sum reason i feel he's gonna look more debonair. A rapier wouldn't be far off. But i hope he has a katana and still uses Iaido though.

I have a feeling he might be working with the people who have Dante chained up or whatnot.

At the end of the trailer, when Dante leaps off the wall when he falls. You see sumone falling after him (its hard to see, but its there). Which kinda fits, because in the scene where you hear the voiceover say "My name is Dante" it looks like Dante is looking at sumone while he puts his guns away (and of course Dante falls off the roof to escape whatever is going after him). It might be Vergil whose the one going after him to bring him back to that asylum/jail or whatever.

Lady and Trish (if this is a true prequel, then they might not be in it. Maybe a new female character(s) might be in the game). Well, DMC 3 Lady had that tomboyish look to her. So she might be in the punk culture just like Dante. Trish might be the usual sex appeal in the game as well. I don't know. This trailer doesn't really give us much, neither does the info Capcom releases. Everything is so vague that anything can happen.

Nero...i don't know. He might be one of Dante's friends or sumthing. Or maybe one of the inmates in the asylum/jail.

Chrysander

Aw god. I guess there is nothing I can think of that I'd like to see in the universe we have been presented.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

one thing i'm wondering is if vergil shows up will he use his summoned swords or will he use guns? after all it is a reboot previous rules don't apply he might be more willing to use modern weapons in this universe. if vergil did uses guns in this universe what would suit him?

VirgilTheart

It's possible Vergil could use guns, but I can easily see him still hating guns in this reboot; he prefers his demonic heritage and the sort of nobility it brings, thus his preference of the sword) The only thing that really has me curious is whether or not he'll still be wielding Yamatoor if it will be replaced by a rapier (really, that's only western-type sword I can see Vergil wielding as his standard weapon, though he DID wield Force Edge at the end of DMC3)

As for Lady and Trish, I'd imagine them not being all that different in this reboot, if Ninja Theory and Capcom USA decide to keep the gals there.

I don't really expect that Nero or Kyrie will appear in the game though. :lol:

Kool626

Demon Slayer

Im just comfirming that VERGIL is in the new DmC
but i dunno if hes helping dante or still the same as in dmc3.

And in dmc3 at the end when dante say rember what we use to say,
vergil and dante says JACKPOT!
so i think maybe vergil will have guns.

VirgilTheart

Kool626;276853 said:
Im just comfirming that VERGIL is in the new DmC but.
And in dmc3 at the end when dante say rember what we use to say,
vergil and dante says JACKPOT!
so i think maybe vergil will have guns.

Note what Vergil said right before that; "Fine, I'll do it your way for once." Vergil doesn't like to use guns. ;)

But on another note; YOU MEAN IT'S CONFIRMED?! :D Or are you just assuming? :) :lol:

Kool626

Demon Slayer

no i think it comfimed because i read some where from ninja theory that vergil will be in the game. And they said they gonna change dante a bit cus of the fans

Vampi

Uh...proof?

Acedia

Dante Never Dies

Kool626;276857 said:
no i think it comfimed because i read some where from ninja theory that vergil will be in the game. And they said they gonna change dante a bit cus of the fans

Total BS.

Vampi

Meet the new Sparda and Vergil

Sparda
mr_monopoly.gif

Vergil
vergilprep.jpg

Fear the pink sweater

I hope they don't touch Sparda or Vergil in this game.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;276834 said:
At the end of the trailer, when Dante leaps off the wall when he falls. You see sumone falling after him (its hard to see, but its there). Which kinda fits, because in the scene where you hear the voiceover say "My name is Dante" it looks like Dante is looking at sumone while he puts his guns away (and of course Dante falls off the roof to escape whatever is going after him). It might be Vergil whose the one going after him to bring him back to that asylum/jail or whatever.

I saw that too. Is it possible for someone to find a somewhat clear image of that brief moment? I know some folks managed to pull it off with the X-Ray scan and Dante's white hair moment.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies

VirgilTheart;276891 said:
I saw that too. Is it possible for someone to find a somewhat clear image of that brief moment? I know some folks managed to pull it off with the X-Ray scan and Dante's white hair moment.

I've tried spotting what "it" is for quite sometime.
It's really a blur, nothing to really see.
But something is indeed following him.

To say it's "Vergil"...
Well, that's really going all in with assumption.
I wouldn't get hopes up.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!

Nero must come back... but not in the reboot! lol
and vergil... however I like him but he's dead... but it isn't a bad idea to bring Vergil in the reboot but not After he died.
and Trish... I hope to play as her once! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom