• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Nero get back his Devil Bringer?

Should Nero get back his Devil Bringer?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Depends (elaborate below)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I'd like to see it come back. To be honest, I really feel this breakable, machinized arm is kinda gimmicky shoehorned rather than 'expanding' on what was set by DMC4. Maybe expanding is not the right word as, in a way, they are doing it, but I'd prefer it to go more in a "demonic" way. I mean, he was able to restore (and store) Yamato and now he suddenly doesn't have that arm and needs parts to keep it functioning? Can't say I'm looking forward to their explainations but maybe they're gonna be able to tie it all well. At least I hope they do.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
When you actually stop to think about it it makes perfect sense why he does not have a full devil trigger like Dante or Vergil's since he has a quarter of demon blood to work with and thus technically speaking he is mostly human but thanks to Sparda's potent and powerful bloodline he makes up for his low demon blood with raw power and skill.
Basically because Vergil was half human and half demon, and he impregnated a human woman, that means Nero is twice as human but with a strong strain of Sparda's blood in him that gives him raw power, but without all the bells and whistles of healing fast. Thus why he couldn't regenerate his arm.
I see this from time to time and I thought that I'd add my two cents on the matter. How much power someone gets from being either a complete demon or a partial one seems to be very inconsistent in this series. Even from the first game, after defeating Griffon Dante questions why he's still trying to fight despite being so badly wounded and Griffon states that he must stop Dante because he has seemingly surpassed Sparda and is a threat to Mundus. Yet Dante is only half-demon which would make you think he should only be half as strong as Sparda, if any demon at all. Agnus (who is now a partial demon) even brings up this point when he questions why there's so great a difference in strength between them and Dante goes on some spiel about how being more human is what gives him strength. The way I view it personally is that by fighting demons and surviving constantly in his quest for revenge, Dante acquired a zenkai boost a la DBZ whereas most powerful demons in the DMC-verse seem complacent and don't seem to do much fighting if at all anymore so that allows Dante to close the gap. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that any of you are wrong, if only because I don't think there IS a right answer, perhaps as a result of the series passing through so many hands.

Anyways, more on topic: With how much the Devil Breaker is looking to be a core mechanic for Nero's gameplay, I can't see him getting the Devil Bringer back unless he does something like fuses the pair together for MAXIMUM POWER!!! :tongue:
But more seriously, I struggle to comment more on this topic as I feel like we don't have enough information at the moment to really see where the future of the Devil Bringer is. We don't even have a definite reason for why it was taken in the first place. But I would be sad if it completely disappears since it was such a core part of Nero's development in 4. :unsure:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I see this from time to time and I thought that I'd add my two cents on the matter. How much power someone gets from being either a complete demon or a partial one seems to be very inconsistent in this series. Even from the first game, after defeating Griffon Dante questions why he's still trying to fight despite being so badly wounded and Griffon states that he must stop Dante because he has seemingly surpassed Sparda and is a threat to Mundus. Yet Dante is only half-demon which would make you think he should only be half as strong as Sparda, if any demon at all. Agnus (who is now a partial demon) even brings up this point when he questions why there's so great a difference in strength between them and Dante goes on some spiel about how being more human is what gives him strength. The way I view it personally is that by fighting demons and surviving constantly in his quest for revenge, Dante acquired a zenkai boost a la DBZ whereas most powerful demons in the DMC-verse seem complacent and don't seem to do much fighting if at all anymore so that allows Dante to close the gap. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that any of you are wrong, if only because I don't think there IS a right answer, perhaps as a result of the series passing through so many hands.

. :unsure:

I think you may have misinterpreted my point so let me reiterate, this is not about how strong Nero should have with his blood or how they should or should not logically be able to stack up powerwise to other demons etc because of their low demon blood, my main point is purely from a physical standpoint regarding him getting a full on Devil Trigger like Dante and Vergil's and how unlike those two he has less blood to work with and thus logically speaking would most likely not have enough blood to pull off a full on Demon Transformation like those two, I merely brought up Sparda's potent bloodline to explain the fact that while he is only a quarter demon the fact is that quarter is from the great Sparda bloodline which makes him a lot stronger than average demons but still weaker than say Dante or Vergil who have more of the bloodline as well as experience.

So yea pretty much what I'm saying is that Nero is most likely not going to get the full demon appearance trigger like Vergil or Dante but he probably can at least get a partial one but realistically I'm just expecting red eyes and aura trigger again and like I said given that he is technically mostly human this makes sense.

Top Bottom