• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Capcom make a Devil May Cry Collection?

Do you want Capcom to make Devil May Cry Collection?

• Yes

Votes: 38 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Like the thread said, would you like Capcom to make a Devil May Cry Collection, like God of War Collection, The Sly Collection and the upcoming Team ICO Collection? Complete with HD graphics, trophies/achievements, bonus content, and etc. If this is ever released, I will buy it, definitely. :D And personally, I hope it will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360. :)

Meg

That's a great idea! I would buy it. Especially since I have a feeling I'm going to be ignoring that "reboot" thing. I would like some DMC in my life. It makes sense to, since several games are being re-released as collections.

what about a remake of DMC1 but without any mess to the fighting styles, characters and stroryline( I mean in the collection)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mess in the fighting style, characters and storyline? What was wrong with that in DMC1?

Updated graphics, a more intense fighting system in DMC2, a Bloody Palace (DMC3 style) in DMC1, and I'm good to go.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
They did have a bundle pack that came out for the PS2 awhile back that had DMC1, 2, and 3 in it. They're doing that for a lot of PS2 games, but the DMC one is kind of hard to find.

Vampi

No i wouldn't want a DMC collection. Wait until PS4 or the next XBox or sumthing. The graphics aren't that drastic from each other really, from PS2 to PS3.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Of course for the 10th anniversary of such a groundbreaking and awesome series[I mean,HELL,even Demonbane has done it for Nitroplus' 10th aniversarry].

And as I said in another topic :

either

a)Announce DMC 5 and release 1,2 and 3 on HD as a prenium 10th anniversary collection

or

b)Reveal DMC 5,a DMC collection for the 10th aniversary in the form of all previous game from 1 to 3 HD'd with or without 4 and finally announce the long awaited DMC game for PSP.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I would definitely buy it, it'll be awesome getting trophies/achievements :)

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Vampi;274282 said:
No i wouldn't want a DMC collection. Wait until PS4 or the next XBox or sumthing. The graphics aren't that drastic from each other really, from PS2 to PS3.

"PS4"?! LOL.

I don't think DMC fans want to wait another 5-10 years.

Graphics HAVE drastically improved, what kind of 20inch TV are you using?!

Simply do what "God of War" did, just with DMC.
Although, it would have been smarter if they released it just prior to DMC4.
Now make the collection DMC1-4 prior to the DMC: DmC reboot. :cool:

Vampi

Because the graphics aren't a big departure like say PS1 to PS2 quality. They're still sum PS2 games that would fit just fine on the PS3 without any graphical update really like DMC 1. Its just that its not such a big leap graphic wise.

And adding useless trophy support to boost a gamers already big ego is a played out gimmick.

Oh and most likely we'll hear about the PS4 probably around 2012-2013. So no i wouldn't say another 5 or 10 yrs. Its just that this cycle has been a bit longer then the typical 5 yr cycle when companies introduce new consoles.

I just think its a waste of money and people keep feeding Sony their nostalgia money for sumthing we should've had in the first place: All PS3's with backwards compatibility. But no everyone is high on sum stupid digital trophy that's practically worthless. And graphics that are a touch better in resolution but practically look the same.

I rather they waste their money and resources on new games to define the PS3 era. Because if this trend of updating PS2 era games continues...then the PS3 is pretty much a PS2 version 1.5

I'm fine with PS1 updates though. Since PS1 games look blocky. Just not PS2 games. So unnecessary.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Vampi;275063 said:
Because the graphics aren't a big departure like say PS1 to PS2 quality. They're still sum PS2 games that would fit just fine on the PS3 without any graphical update really like DMC 1. Its just that its not such a big leap graphic wise.

And adding useless trophy support to boost a gamers already big ego is a played out gimmick.

Oh and most likely we'll hear about the PS4 probably around 2012-2013. So no i wouldn't say another 5 or 10 yrs. Its just that this cycle has been a bit longer then the typical 5 yr cycle when companies introduce new consoles.

I just think its a waste of money and people keep feeding Sony their nostalgia money for sumthing we should've had in the first place: All PS3's with backwards compatibility. But no everyone is high on sum stupid digital trophy that's practically worthless. And graphics that are a touch better in resolution but practically look the same.

I rather they waste their money and resources on new games to define the PS3 era. Because if this trend of updating PS2 era games continues...then the PS3 is pretty much a PS2 version 1.5

I'm fine with PS1 updates though. Since PS1 games look blocky. Just not PS2 games. So unnecessary.

For the most part, I'm going to stay on the topic of DMC collection.
It should be quite simple, if you're a DMC fan.
Why wouldn't you want to see the PS2 games brought back, renewed just for PS3?
Please, when the PS4 comes out in 2012-2013.
Contact me, I am willing to pay for it.

Sure, the backwards complatibility would have been nice. But, I'd still take a revamped collection anyday.

Clearly our views are far apart, I wouldn't see it as ripping us off in any way.
More so satisfaction to the fans.

BTW, I like my trophies, don't be hating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom