• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sexually Suggestive Dialogue Removed for Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Xin

Did they remove the cut-scene after you defeated Succubus?

Yeah, I think this is a wise decision, gotta admit the original DmC surely had some choppie dialogue.

And, it seems they also altered a little bit of the other cut-scene for the definitive edition?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't really care, but I don't see the point. I find the badly done melodrama in the previous games to be more cringe worthy.

This is an M rated game. I'm a 22 year old adult. I'm not freaking out over any of this stuff. They're vile demons. I'm not holding them to a high regard when it comes to their manner of speaking.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
@Captain Xin
I don't have any idea but I think minor changes on cutscenes is a given. If there is this, there could be more and should be more.
@Chancey289
I see your point; but I don't think "freaking out" is the real issue here. I just don't think this is the best dialogue they could've written for this particular scene and of course some other scenes.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
:laugh:
That made me chuckle. It's probably for the best. I remember this DmC analysis where the dude takes that scene and when he turns it's:
... bend it over and--
Hmm.
What is it? What's wrong?
Ugh. Too edgy.
Exactly! It almost felt like scraping a chalkboard. So edgy, it hurts.

Captain Xin

Don't really care, but I don't see the point. I find the badly done melodrama in the previous games to be more cringe worthy.

This is an M rated game. I'm a 22 year old adult. I'm not freaking out over any of this stuff. They're vile demons. I'm not holding them to a high regard when it comes to their manner of speaking.

It's not that they're offensive, it's just that sometime it seems these elements were so obvious and over exaggerated it felt a little bit like those over-the-top sex scenes in a low-budget grind house movie.

But I gotta admit, I just ended up skipping those cut-scenes altogether. So it really doesn't matter that much.

Last edited:

Dante94513

Getting rid of that dialogue to me felt like getting rid of Vergil's hat. There really is no point to it then it looks/sounds silly. I just took it as intentionally cheesy when she said that like she was feeling hot for Mundus and talking dirty. What they've SHOULD'VE done was to get rid of that sex scene, but no they had to keep that now did they?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
And with every "change", much like the absence of Vergil's hat, I have to ask: whose idea was it originally? If someone didn't like it after proof-reading the game's initial script, why didn't they just remove it all together?

Whatever, I guess it really doesn't matter. I rather would've had a more substantial change...like, you know, Mundus' final boss theme changed to something more menacing than human farts in a techno booth.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
HOW DARE THEY CHANGE MY FAVORITE GAME! THAT'S NOT SEXIST OR OVERLY SUGGESTIVE! I CAN HANDLE IT! I'M A GROWN-ASS MAN! Or a grown ass-man! (hyphens are fun!)

Wow...I typed that whole thing holding down the shift key. My caps lock gets as much action as a couple married for twenty years: every once and a while, and usually because a hand slips.

ANYway, on-topic: I can understand the idea of shortening it. Her line already sorta drove home the fact of how badly Mundus had a hold on everything; the elaboration that was cut started to make her line drag. Much like her face would without those straps on her back.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Whatever, for all I care they could remove all dialogue from Definitive Edition, I'll be skipping that ****.

You don't want to play the game, but felt the need to make a jab at it by saying they can remove 'all of the dialogue', for all you care.

That honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me why somebody would say something like this.

Because when people make a point of telling others they dislike something yet don't really have much else to say, it's as equally as pointless as somebody saying they like something but not adding much else to the conversation.

Please, if you don't like the game etc don't find the need to go and tell everybody. This applies to everyone, not just yourself. These comments can be taken as 'bashful', whether it is DmC/DMC or any other game /s being discussed. And that can, and most often does, lead to unnecessary arguments that could of otherwise have been avoided.

Thanks.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I see little to no sense in removing one little bit of dialogue, aside from maybe not willing to deal with Anita's whining or being scared that it won't pass repeated age approval in some lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom