• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Serious Question

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Berial doesn't turn in to any weapon. He gets blown up. Lucifer is acquired from the Hell Gate.

Thank you for proving you didn't actually play DMC4. :3
He's only like...10% right on the Berial thing.
It MIGHT be because Berial is considered "Lucifer" of Hell or some ****, when he died some of his energy or whatever the **** was in the hell gate, thus him "turning" into the weapon. :l

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Berial doesn't turn in to any weapon. He gets blown up. Lucifer is acquired from the Hell Gate.

He could just be misremembering. I couldn't tell you the colour of every leaf on every tree in Metal Gear Solid 3, but I've still played it.

AlchemistFromEden

look up vinceuchiha on xbox live and then say that -_- don't tell me what i have played and what i haven't played, EXCUSE ME for not remembering every minuscule detail in dmc4, just like zilla said, just because you don't remember the color of every leaf doesn't mean you haven't played the game

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
in dmc 3 nevan turns into a guitar, and in dmc4 berial turns into a weird as hell weapon, its not really supposed to make sense
Each weapon in DMC3 atleast had a theme corresponding to the boss you got it from. Nevan using electrical attacks and bats turns into a electrical guitar. It makes sense in that way.

The Devil Arms in DMC4 are recieved from the Hellgates and not the bosses themselfs. There is rumors that they were supposed to be bosses themself for Dante to fight but were cut off from the final game and only the weapons stayed. Dunno if it is true but sounds plausable.

Dante in DmC getting an angel weapon from her mom and demon weapon from his dad makes sense. After that he gets those demon boxing gloves from another demon so that makes sense too.

But getting an angel weapon from Bob? That's just downright illogical and pretty retarded.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But getting an angel weapon from Bob? That's just downright illogical and pretty retarded.
Bob could be a fallen angel:troll: Nah, he's too much of an ass for that.
But considering the levels leading up to him did include Phinease explaining the destruction of the Nephilim by demons, maybe he kept one of their weapons?:/

AlchemistFromEden

Each weapon in DMC3 atleast had a theme corresponding to the boss you got it from. Nevan using electrical attacks and bats turns into a electrical guitar. It makes sense in that way.

The Devil Arms in DMC4 are recieved from the Hellgates and not the bosses themselfs. There is rumors that they were supposed to be bosses themself for Dante to fight but were cut off from the final game and only the weapons stayed. Dunno if it is true but sounds plausable.

Dante in DmC getting an angel weapon from her mom and demon weapon from his dad makes sense. After that he gets those demon boxing gloves from another demon so that makes sense too.

demons could spit pixie dust and it would make sense because they aren't real, they are fictional, welcome to the world of creative freedom

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
demons could spit pixie dust and it would make sense because they aren't real, they are fictional, welcome to the world of creative freedom
So what? DmC gets a free pass all of sudden? "Creative freedom" doesn't excuse creators from being lazy when they implement stuff, especially when DmC is supposed to be more "realistic" and yet to fail to follow consistent logic when it comes to Dante acquiring weapons.

TheNoHeartedBeing

So what? DmC gets a free pass all of sudden? "Creative freedom" doesn't excuse creators from being lazy when they implement stuff, especially when DmC is supposed to be more "realistic" and yet to fail to follow consistent logic when it comes to Dante acquiring weapons.
Yeah through out the whole game i was wondering how Dante would obtain Aquilla. I was actually thinking that when i killed Bob i would get a weapon that was never showed in trailers but i was wrong.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Perhaps the power drawn from Bob manifests itself as an Angelic weapon, similar to how Osiris feeds on demonic energies to power itself up.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I always figured that it was less about Barbas and Poison's souls "turning into weapons" and more of Rebellion sucking up that energy and using it to form new weapons instead, those demon's souls just being "material" to forge new weapons.

As it stands, Rebellion is a very utilitarian weapon with a lot of functions. If anything, Rebellion had all this potential for different weapons, and just needed some souls to make them or something.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Reminds Me of DARK SOULS. You can use the souls of many a significant enemy/boss to craft weapons, shields, etc. Some even having differing forms depending on the base weapon you use to bind their soul to.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I always figured that it was less about Barbas and Poison's souls "turning into weapons" and more of Rebellion sucking up that energy and using it to form new weapons instead, those demon's souls just being "material" to forge new weapons.

As it stands, Rebellion is a very utilitarian weapon with a lot of functions. If anything, Rebellion had all this potential for different weapons, and just needed some souls to make them or something.
This is an explanation I could agree with, however, based on the information you get in DmC, it's really not explained in how that works.

As I mentioned earlier, angel weapon from his angel mom and demon weapon from his demon dad. From here we get an idea how it works with weapons for Dante and the same set of rules applies to Succubus when Dante gets the demon gloves from her. Bob Barbas breaks these rules and and all of sudden Dante gets an angel weapon from him with no explanation why.

I would understand that if Bob was some kind of fallen angel but there is no hint in DmC whatsoever that implies this.

In DMC3 you instantly understand why the weapons looks and have certain powers since it is a direct represantation of the bosses with their looks and abilites.

Goddammit Ninja Theory, all I'm asking for is some consistency.

AlchemistFromEden

that's the thing, what logic, where is the "ACQUIRED WEAPONS FROM BOSSES IN DEVIL MAY CRY RULEBOOK" did i miss that on amazon? does it say
THALL SHALL NOT ALLOW DEMONS TO HAND OUT ANGELIC WEAPONS
Must have missed that part when of the rulebook -_- my bad, your should lend NT your copy because obviously something is amiss when they use creative freedom on things that aren't real and therefore have no set rules

Zilla

The inFAAMous
In DMC3 you instantly understand why the weapons looks and have certain powers since it is a direct represantation of the bosses with their looks and abilites..

Maybe I'm missing something but why would Nevan becoming a guitar be obvious? The electric bats yes, but she doesn't look like a guitar. At all.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
This is an explanation I could agree with, however, based on the information you get in DmC, it's really not explained in how that works.

As I mentioned earlier, angel weapon from his angel mom and demon weapon from his demon dad. From here we get an idea how it works with weapons for Dante and the same set of rules applies to Succubus when Dante gets the demon gloves from her. Bob Barbas breaks these rules and and all of sudden Dante gets an angel weapon from him with no explanation why.

I would understand that if Bob was some kind of fallen angel but there is no hint in DmC whatsoever that implies this.

In DMC3 you instantly understand why the weapons looks and have certain powers since it is a direct represantation of the bosses with their looks and abilites.

Goddammit Ninja Theory, all I'm asking for is some consistency.

Well, I'd figure that since there's no actual alignment between Poison and Barbas' souls, it'd make sense that the energy or whatever he's getting is what powers the form of the new weapons. Technically, I don't actually think there was anything that showed off that Arbiter was Sparda's weapon, and Osiris was Eva's, so what's held in those portraits might really just be some sort of energy that powers more weapon forms. Both Sparda and Eva seem to have meticulously planned out giving him Rebellion and more forms for it to take. I guess it stands to reason that there's probably like...blueprints for other weapons Rebellion can take the form of, as well.

All we really know for sure is that Rebellion can change forms to different things, and it gains a new form when getting some form of energy from either a specific location, or killing something. It could really just be "magic," and not have anything to do with souls.

We gotta remember that just because DMC establishes a universe were demon souls can become Devil Arms doesn't mean DmC's universe follows suit.

And I just wanna say - electric guitar out of Nevan made the least amount of sense in terms of the form of the weapon. Sure the element made sense (electricity and bats, why not), but it being a guitar was the most retarded thing in DMC3 to me >_<

And Alchemist - "calm ur tits," as they say.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
that's the thing, what logic, where is the "ACQUIRED WEAPONS FROM BOSSES IN DEVIL MAY CRY RULEBOOK" did i miss that on amazon? does it say
THALL SHALL NOT ALLOW DEMONS TO HAND OUT ANGELIC WEAPONS
Must have missed that part when of the rulebook -_- my bad, your should lend NT your copy because obviously something is amiss when they use creative freedom on things that aren't real and therefore have no set rules
I never said it shouldn't be allowed, I just wants some explanation to why. Just give Bob some backstory that he is some fallen angel and that would be solved. No more mystery but no, DmC doesn't provide that answer.

And seriously man, caps doesn't make your arguments anymore right. Chill bro.

Maybe I'm missing something but why would Nevan becoming a guitar be obvious? The electric bats yes, but she doesn't look like a guitar. At all.
While Nevan is more of a stretch when it comes to her weapon form, we did get to fight her in a opera house and the fact that you get an electric guitar since she used electric powers too.

Well, I'd figure that since there's no actual alignment between Poison and Barbas' souls, it'd make sense that the energy or whatever he's getting is what powers the form of the new weapons. Technically, I don't actually think there was anything that showed off that Arbiter was Sparda's weapon, and Osiris was Eva's, so what's held in those portraits might really just be some sort of energy that powers more weapon forms. Both Sparda and Eva seem to have meticulously planned out giving him Rebellion and more forms for it to take. I guess it stands to reason that there's probably like...blueprints for other weapons Rebellion can take the form of, as well.

All we really know for sure is that Rebellion can change forms to different things, and it gains a new form when getting some form of energy from either a specific location, or killing something. It could really just be "magic," and not have anything to do with souls.

We gotta remember that just because DMC establishes a universe were demon souls can become Devil Arms doesn't mean DmC's universe follows suit.

And I just wanna say - electric guitar out of Nevan made the least amount of sense in terms of the form of the weapon. Sure the element made sense (electricity and bats, why not), but it being a guitar was the most retarded thing in DMC3 to me >_<

And Alchemist - "calm ur tits," as they say.

You bring a good point, however, if we go by that logic, it still stands that Rebellion gets "angel energy" from Eva and "demon energy" from Sparda. What would be special about Bobs soul/magic/lifeforce/whatever that it gives Rebellion the form of an angel weapon?

And I never said that every game should have the same way you get weapons in DMC3, just bringing out the fact that you atleast have some reasoning behind them.

Top Bottom